Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Right Side Emerald 0.56

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Rightmost Old Mine Round 0.28

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Oh and some of the previous posters are right. A lot of people don't know diamonds come in all sorts of pretty colors. But when people ask about my ring, I LOVE telling them that it's a pink diamond. It makes me remember how much work DH put into finding the stone all over again :love:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
QueenB29|1311011979|2971540 said:
Oh and some of the previous posters are right. A lot of people don't know diamonds come in all sorts of pretty colors. But when people ask about my ring, I LOVE telling them that it's a pink diamond. It makes me remember how much work DH put into finding the stone all over again :love:

Hi Queen :) Thanks for the comments. And I'm glad you love your pink diamond! That is pretty much exactly how I want it to go - something not very well understood, and that is a private enjoyment :) It has been a fun search so far - checking out the inventory of any online vendor or pink diamond link I can find. Been focusing only on Rounds and Stepcuts, and only SI2 and better, and only Fancy Pink to Fancy Intense. It has been a fun exhaustive search.

I hear you on the setting, but I am inclined towards a smaller setting as well (like your DH) - though I agree that your square halo setting shows the gem off very well. I'll see how it goes, she doesn't like Halos. Setting is still way in its infancy though. This is a no rush project. :)

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1311002530|2971408 said:
Tristan, did you see this new listing with Arygle inscription?

Hi Kenny, thanks for the heads up. Leibish ran that one past me already. It was the little squarish emerald that nobody loved in my previous lineup :) It is the one on the immediate left of the round in the picture below. Very good price on it now though.

There was no photoshop involved for this final pick of the top 4, the round gem was simply removed from another vendor's listings and shipped to Leibish for photos. The other photos I've been putting up, some are from varying vendors but in the end, the top 2 choices are with Leibish now and I've asked them to be sent over for viewing in real life.

4 F.pinks.jpg

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock|1311010834|2971528 said:
Oh YUM, what a fun poll!! I voted for the larger round because I love the pastel shade, it's well-cut and it looks like it will have the most fire and brilliance out of the 4. The second choice would be the emerald cut, followed by square emerald cut and the smaller round.

When it comes to pinks, I prefer the lighter, pastel shades. I love how delicate they look.

Nice to have you back with the FCD crowd :) we need all the members we can get - endangered PS species that we are. I keep seeing your avatar and wondering if you have an orange diamond that exact shade. I remember reading that SOMEONE has a fanta orange diamond...

I feel pretty much the same way you do. I think the lighter pinks are better suited for the purpose, while the more intense ones make great RHR jewelry.

Not that anyone is getting RHR jewelry at this price tag. Argh. Kill me. I swear divorce rates would fall if everyone had to give out FCDs. You simply can't afford to get married twice. :D

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1311046851|2971937 said:
platinumrock|1311010834|2971528 said:
Oh YUM, what a fun poll!! I voted for the larger round because I love the pastel shade, it's well-cut and it looks like it will have the most fire and brilliance out of the 4. The second choice would be the emerald cut, followed by square emerald cut and the smaller round.

When it comes to pinks, I prefer the lighter, pastel shades. I love how delicate they look.

Nice to have you back with the FCD crowd :) we need all the members we can get - endangered PS species that we are. I keep seeing your avatar and wondering if you have an orange diamond that exact shade. I remember reading that SOMEONE has a fanta orange diamond...

I feel pretty much the same way you do. I think the lighter pinks are better suited for the purpose, while the more intense ones make great RHR jewelry.

Not that anyone is getting RHR jewelry at this price tag. Argh. Kill me. I swear divorce rates would fall if everyone had to give out FCDs. You simply can't afford to get married twice. :D

It's nice to be back, Tristan :)) Hah, I wish owned the elusive fanta orange diamond. That would be my holy grail. I think the closest one I've seen on PS is Kenny's vivid yellow-orange. That one is scrumptious!

Haha I love your comment about FCD's lowering divorce rates. Can you imagine?

Wife: Honey, I don't know anymore. I need more excitement.
Hubby: More romance?
Wife: Meh.
Hubby: More nookie?
Wife: Meh.
Hubby: More quality time?
Wife: Kill me now.
Hubby: How about a half carat pink asscher in an 18K yellow gold double halo?
Wife: *eyes light up*
Hubby: Is that it?? When should we go shopping for it?
Wife: Now. NOW!!

FCD's: marriage insurance :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT,
That's hilarious! I sorely missed your brand of humour. :bigsmile:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1311077003|2972113 said:
PT,
That's hilarious! I sorely missed your brand of humour. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :naughty: :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1311046342|2971932 said:
kenny|1311002530|2971408 said:
Tristan, did you see this new listing with Arygle inscription?

Hi Kenny, thanks for the heads up. Leibish ran that one past me already. It was the little squarish emerald that nobody loved in my previous lineup :) It is the one on the immediate left of the round in the picture below. Very good price on it now though.

There was no photoshop involved for this final pick of the top 4, the round gem was simply removed from another vendor's listings and shipped to Leibish for photos. The other photos I've been putting up, some are from varying vendors but in the end, the top 2 choices are with Leibish now and I've asked them to be sent over for viewing in real life.

im voting again! far left for me :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have OCD, I seriously can not vote. I can't even choose in a lineup, the moment I say to myself, "round brilliant", I also need to choose the left one, for "balance"!

Platinumrock, great joke! I shall print it and paste it to my bedroom wall...

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the far right round for it's color and in my head it goes in something like this illusion setting solitaire (that I do not own, but dream about :love: )

13176.jpg

Any of your choices will be lovely, best wishes!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tristan, what's happening next?
Did you see all 4 in person?
If not when will you?

Nosey, I am. :wavey:
I go through withdrawals when there are no new FCD posts. :mrgreen:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1310567330|2968012 said:
I really struggle with this choice.
But since it is for an ering for someone who may not be that one in a zillion educated FCD aficionado, and like every other ering it will be viewed and judged by her family and friends whom will also not be educated FCD aficionados, I voted for #1.

Good choice! #1 was my fave before I even read your post. I admire the pink argyles to look at but not to wear. The round is super brilliant but all that brilliance is just washing out the lovely pink color you paid for. #1 has the better color of the 2 emerald cuts.

T

talamasca

aviastar|1311216649|2973512 said:
I voted for the far right round for it's color and in my head it goes in something like this illusion setting solitaire (that I do not own, but dream about :love: )

13176.jpg

OMG I'm in love :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't decide either (I know, that's not helpful :roll: )...they are all so pretty. I guess for me, it depends on the setting. I love both #3 and #4. Something draws my eye towards them. Can you give us some insight on your plans for the setting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is gorgeous - just perfect for a smaller sized old cut stone that deepens the colour and gives it the illusion of looking larger.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
talamasca|1311322570|2974421 said:
aviastar|1311216649|2973512 said:

13176.jpg

:love: me too :love:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1311338798|2974469 said:
talamasca said:

+1!!!! Where is that setting from??

Oh trust me...this ring figures prominently in my REM cycles! :love:

It's from here: http://huntcountry.com/HCJ/archiveFwd.jsp?year=2008&page=7

Chrono's reasoning is exactly what made me think of it, the illusion setting will enlarge the overall look while staying simple, and it's the best of both rounds and squares- you get both!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1311369581|2974838 said:
stargurl78|1311338798|2974469 said:
talamasca said:

+1!!!! Where is that setting from??

Oh trust me...this ring figures prominently in my REM cycles! :love:

It's from here: http://huntcountry.com/HCJ/archiveFwd.jsp?year=2008&page=7

Chrono's reasoning is exactly what made me think of it, the illusion setting will enlarge the overall look while staying simple, and it's the best of both rounds and squares- you get both!

That is the pic I saw online that convinced me I couldn't drive by hunt country everyday and not check them out. I adore that setting and its buttery high-crowned resident. I prefer either step cut over the round but in that setting in peachy gold I could be convinced of the round's worthiness. Really it's a nice predicament to be in.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
That link doesn't bring anything up but basically a blank page. Help me out. How do I find that setting?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
hoofbeats95|1311379966|2974938 said:
That link doesn't bring anything up but basically a blank page. Help me out. How do I find that setting?

Their site claims you'll see that page if you register/login. They limit the archive contents for non-members.

I registered, though, and only get error messages, so . . . it may be down right now.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I take back my vote for the square asscher--I like the one that Kenny posted.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
fierypyropixy said:
hoofbeats95|1311379966|2974938 said:

Their site claims you'll see that page if you register/login. They limit the archive contents for non-members.

I registered, though, and only get error messages, so . . . it may be down right now.

oops, sorry! here's the homepage: http://www.huntcountry.com Helpful hint- don't ask it to remember you when you sign in, there's a glitch, I've emailed them about it and they are working on fixing it. If you can sign in the ring is on the last page (I think) of the 2008 archives.

Kelpie- it's my all time favorite setting of theirs; it sets my heart a-flutter!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
I feel like you should pick the .53 since it seems like that one caught your eye from the beginning also I am loving the setting Aviastar posted :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results