shape
carat
color
clarity

Artist can''t decide-Private Proposal or Public?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enyouartist

Rough_Rock

Can I get a vote on how many women here prefer a private proposal to a public proposal?

I''m a Children''s Book Illustrator, and I got to write my proposal on the dedication page of the book. It''s already printed. I also bought a silver rose ring holder instead of the regular box.

Lately, I''ve been thinking about taking her to a great restaurant called The Manor. They''re famous for their banquets and weddings. For $50 per person, it''s a five-star buffet with all-you-can-eat lobster, lamb,etc. Afterwards, they have a ballroom, with a live band, and a high, cathedral, glass ceiling, so that you can "dance under the stars".

My idea would be to somehow let the band know in advance, and propose to her on the dance floor. What do you guys think? It sounds like too many things could go wrong. But wouldn''t that be something to remember? Should I scrap the book altogether? Can I somehow incorporate it?

This whole thing is nerve racking for me. I get so nervous imagining proposing with a room full of strangers. I tried to gage my girlfriend''s preference, but she really seems either or, just sooner rather than later! lol

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m rather shy, so a public proposal would be my idea of hell on earth. It really depends on your GF, though. Is she the kind that blushes at public display or does she revel in attention?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The book dedication sounds like the sweetest thing in the world to me. The rest of it could be anybody''s proposal, but the book is yours alone.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2004 1:39:26 PM
Author: Hest88
It really depends on your GF, though. Is she the kind that blushes at public display or does she revel in attention?

Agreed. You need to take her feelings into account here. If my boyfriend proposed to me in the middle of the dance floor of a busy restaurant, I''d probably run to the bathroom and hide until he dragged me out by my heels...

Since your impression is that your girlfriend has no preference either way and you are nervous about being "in the spotlight", I think you should go with a private proposal. Perhaps you could propose at your table and then have a song dedicated to "your fiancee" afterwards. Or propose before going to the restaurant, plus the song dedication. Your nerves are just as important in this situation since she doesn''t seem to care either way - I think some minor public aspects would be just as romantic. (And the book dedication - proposal is so sweet!! You can show it to your children later!!)

katbadness

Shiny_Rock

I''m with JCJD on this one..

I love the book idea, but not quite so keen on the public proposal.
I like JCJD''s idea of proposing in private, but dedicating a song to commemorate.. I think it''s very sweet.. though it has a public element on it, but the proposal itself is not.

Just my 2 cents.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
i''m not big on public proposals. Some people just love them tho..... I think it is a private and personal moment, but that''s just how I react to things like this. You really need to think about what will make the moment perfect for the two of you.

Queenofhearts

Rough_Rock
Every women has some sort of idea on how they want to be proposed too when that one special person enters their lives. It a very special and intimate moment that needs to be shared first by the both individuals that are involved, then share it with the world.

So my vote make the proposal private then make it public. You can have it the best of both worlds.

30.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I love the song dedication idea! Plus, everyone loves a newly engaged couple, so that way, you can propose and have some time to soak it in, then dedicate the song and people will come over to congratulate you, look at the ring etc. It is so sweet to dedicate the book to her! Good luck!

enyouartist

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone that posted a reply. I love the dedication song. I guess now I have to think about how to propose to her in private with the book. Any suggestions?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

That is really romantic – I love the book idea – what a special, original proposal!

Does she know about your book yet? Not the proposal part, but the book itself?

Where do you live?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Well, a quiet moment with the two of you on a sofa, showing her the book would be simple enough. Hold the book for her, and open to the dedication. The rest will probably just flow from there. Then on to the dancing and the song dedication. What a special evening.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
It''s a great idea. My suggestion, the book can be anywhere you are alone. Is there someplace scenic or romantic nearby or on the way to the restaurnat. But, if its at the restaurant, do it at dessert, unless you don''t care that she won''t eat the meal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results