shape
carat
color
clarity

Last question for a while, I promise!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
So, I think I've fallen in love with one of DanielM's sold items to the point of no return! The only question I have now is gold vs argentium silver.

I want something I can wear pretty much daily for a long, long time. Will argentium silver foot the bill or do I need to invest in gold? Am I allowed to link what I'm looking at, for reference?

TIA!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Link away.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
herekittykitty|1310584079|2968231 said:
Link away.

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47553603?show_panel=true

:love: :love: :love:

I love everything about this ring! It looks like he made it in argentium silver and the sides were sourced by him as sapphires, so that shouldn't be TOO expensive either. Now if I could find a center stone similar to that, I'd be one happy girl!

madams

Rough_Rock
This is the ring I had made by Daniel M. I am so glad you like it!! I had it done in silver and he did a beautiful job. The stone is one of Barry's and is a tourmaline. Good luck with your project!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I *love* it! I just hope it's within my budget. I did send him an email to ask more about it. Thanks! :) And yes...your ring is gorgeous! :twirl: hehe

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Madams & Tammy, the ring is a real stunner! I love EVERYTHING about it, stones, design, execution, metal, every. thing. Tammy, can't help about argentium, but I can see why that knocks you out.

--- Laurie

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Argentium silver isn't completely tarnish-free, just more resistent to tarnish than regular silver (and I hear it's less brittle and easier to work with, which is important for silversmiths but not so much for consumers). My argentium pieces have tarnished just a little over time. It's easy to polish out. I don't think silver is any less worthy for a special project than gold, and most of my pieces are made in silver or two-tone (silver with gold accents).

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I don't particularly like how my white gold rings look after even a few months so I end up bringing them in to be replated (free, thank goodness). So I think that the argentium silver, since it sounds like it holds up as well as gold, will be my best option.

Thanks again for the input, everyone! I'm excited about finally choosing something. Now for the anxious waiting phase where I hope and pray that everything falls into place to make it happen! :rolleyes:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
tammy, one thing about argentium, it's lighter in weight than regular sterling...just FYI, pretty ring.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I didn't realize that argentium silver would also tarnish. That's a bummer. Are there any custom vendors that rhodium plate their silver? I think David Yurman pieces are like this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results