shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Well I had my weigh in today and I've lost 7 lbs! YAY ME! :appl: And I finished week one of the Couch to 5k tonight. So I celebrated with cake. lol :lickout: 2 Steps forward and 1 step back. 8)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats RFT! That is excellent! :appl: Did you lose 7lbs in one week or have you been on the plan for a little bit? I remember when I first started I used to go get a cupcake from a local bakery on my weigh in days if I had done really well. I think for most of us food as a reward is so built into who we are it second nature.

I got some very promising numbers on the scale this morning. It's not my weigh in day until Friday so I'm really hoping it's a real loss and will stick around! I haven't had two consecutive losses in a very long time. I need off this plateau!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks stepcut! It was over about a week and a half. I also started the couch to 5k so I think that and really upping my water intake is what did it.

I hope your scale isn't lying and that you have a great weigh in on Friday. =)

Let's keep it up ladies!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
7 lbs is a huge loss for a week and a half! Keep up the good work!

I'm down 2.0 today. I'm a happy camper!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies,

I just joined WW on-line. Is anyone else doing the program on-line only?

Hoping the transition will go ok for me. I have a 5 month old and had gotten used to eating quite a lot over the past year! I didn't gain that much during the pregnancy, but was a bit overweight to begin with, and am having a bit of trouble losing the last 10 pounds of the pregnancy weight. Of course, I'd like to lose even more than that, but this is where I am today. Uggh.

I will go back to read some history on this thread so I can get to know you ladies better. I hope to be checking in regularly!

Cheers!
LV

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Down 1.2lbs for me today. I'm not sure how as last weekend I ate and ate and ate. By Sunday all my weeklies were gone. Oh well, I'm happy for another week of losing. It's nice to see the scale moving in the lesser direction for several weeks in a row now as for for so many months it stayed parked.

LV-I am doing online only. I did meetings for about a month back in January but didn't feel they helped and didn't like them. I've been online only since February.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! Well, I was finally able to go to a meeting to see the damage. (One good thing about jury duty is that I was able to get home earlier!). My grand total is up 5.8 lbs - eek. Although, I am justifying that it isn't all that bad since it includes Italy and 3 months of new job/not tracking. BUT, must nip this in the bud. Sadly, I didn't find the meeting all that inspiring however I'm going to try hard this week and see how I can do.

How is everyone else doing?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
How have the last few days gone Aryana? I did well again this week and lost 0.8. I met my 10% goal and set a new goal of 15lbs less than current. The scale says I'm actually UP 4.6lbs since Friday but I'm pretty sure that's not actually possible so I'm trying not to freak out. The same thing happened last weekend but I had a night of lots of beers last Friday so I figured it was beer bloat and went away overnight and stayed away. This increase popped up overnight and has been holding steady for 2 days. I have eaten out 3 times since Friday so I'm hoping its just increased salt and will go away again. I just can't imagine that it's a real weight gain...but I'm concerned.

We are moving this week so it's a little hectic and we've been working on the new house till late and then I don't feel like cooking so we've been eating take out. I hope this is short lived and I will get back into my routine that's been working for me lately.

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
Hope it's okay for me to join in here...

I'm doing WW in Australia. Today I reached my 5% goal, which I'm really happy about. I have only been on the program for a few weeks, so I'm still learning, but it really does make sense and I find it quite easy to fit into my lifestyle. I'm recommitting myself to exercise this week - I'm a sporadic amateur cyclist at best! - and am actually quite looking forward to re-establishing a routine in the gym.

When I first went to my meeting, I couldn't believe how non-terrifying it was. I'd been putting off joining for so long because I thought I wouldn't fit in. It's nice to know that there are lots of other people just like me going through the same thing :)

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Zahra! I hope you are enjoying WW and we are happy to have you here!

Kevin-I haven't heard of any new plan...but I'm not a fan of change! Any rumors on what the change will be?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry stepcut. It was a spammer. :))

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ella|1310101702|2964453 said:
Sorry stepcut. It was a spammer. :))

Darn Spammers! Oh well, for the better that there is no new plan to learn!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm baaack!!! :bigsmile:

Seems its a new crop here, but some familiar faces too! I will read back when I get a chance and see what's up in everyones weightloss journey so far!

In June through October 2010 I lost 20lbs doing the online WW. I did it to lose the last 10lbs of my baby weight from my first pregnany -- in which I gained 60lbs -- and also lost 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight in hopes of having a better pregnancy this time around. I then got pregnant in October and obviously stopped weight watchers.

Despite planning to gain less this pregnany then last I actually gained more -- a total of 70lbs :-o Dropped about 30lbs in the first two weeks post-partum (water etc) but am now sitting at 40lbs to lose and have been sitting here for the last month. I'm six weeks post-partum now. So I started WW online again! I am breastfeeding so I get 8 extra points per day! woo hoo! Seems like a lot. Hope it works!

DH is on WW with me again since he gained about 18lbs while I was pregnant :rolleyes: We did eat ANYTHING we wanted, so I am not surprised.

Anyways, hoping to lose the weight fast! We started running last time, which was also put on hold for pregnany, and will likely start working up to it again soon. Going to start walking first to strengthen my pelvic muscles again. They need it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK so the best way to stay on track I found is to have a group and BE accountable!

My weigh in day is Monday. Anyone else want to make that the day and check in here to post our progress? Finding someone in your own life to buddy with helps too as long as you both are equally motivated.

Another way to be accountable is to actually make yourself record everything you eat in the tracker. Part of being overweight is ignoring the amount you eat, and WW only works if you are accountable to yourself. So each day, rather than focussing on the big goal of losing weight, focus on the small goal of recoring every last thing you eat that day. When you see a good number on the scale it is so rewarding that it helps make it worth while.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was hoping someone would bring this thread back to life! Today starts week 2 of re-joining WW for me and my weigh in day is Monday too. At weigh in this morning found I lost 5lbs! :appl: Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty motivated. I've got about 30 to lose total so the 5lbs is a good dent.

Dreamer, how ae you liking the new points+ system? I originally did WW last year (and gained it all back :knockout: ) with the old points system so this new one is a bit of an adjustment but I'm stoked that fruit and veggies are 0pts!

I recently discovered Magic Pop and they have been a life savor for me! 4 of them are only 1 pt! I usually break them up in pieces and have them with salsa (0pts!). Great crunch and pretty close to tortilla chips with salsa. I munch on them while cooking. Yum!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1312835381|2986673 said:
So each day, rather than focussing on the big goal of losing weight, focus on the small goal of recoring every last thing you eat that day. When you see a good number on the scale it is so rewarding that it helps make it worth while.

Totally agree! Having small goals to meet and seeing losses are what keep me on track.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG I don't know how I feel, this is my first day! haha. I think it is easier if the fruit and veggies at 0.

I think that I will be using WW for life to maintain once I have lost. DH and I have proven we cannot maintain without actively montioring and counting calories. In the past I lost 35lbs and only kept it off as long as I want counting calories -- 2 years! -- but gained when I stopped being accountable. So DH and I have accepted we will basically be working the program forever! Its ok, we need to make a lifestyle change and keep it up for our kids, who we don't want to deal with body and weight issues the same way that we have in our lives. That was our motivation to get fit before I got pregnent and it is our motivation now too.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! :wavey: I've not been checking in here because it seemed those of us who were here had all jumped ship and not been checking in with each other. I'm happy to have someone to chat with and happy to see you both here!

I've been somewhat off plan lately. I keep telling myself I'll just finish out this week not tracking and then get with it the following week and though some days I start out well both in food choices and tracking I generally finish poorly. I gained somewhere around 5lbs about a month ago when I moved into my new house and didn't really care. I've really struggled with getting the motivation back.

Hopefully having you both here will give me some motivation. I really need to just decide today is the day and do it. I've lost right at 20lbs since February and would like to lose about 30 more, though WW tells me I need to lose about 40 more.

Since eating for today is done I am deciding tomorrow I get back on the horse! I think I'm talking myself into it as I type. :cheeky: My weigh in day is Friday so I will start reporting back here on Fridays but will be checking in more than that!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1312848231|2986810 said:
DH and I have proven we cannot maintain without actively montioring and counting calories.

I'm realizing the same thing Dreamer and it makes me kind of sad. Sad that I don't have the discipline to do it on my own, but oh well. Your motivation to live a healthier lifestyle for your kids sake is very much similar to reasons I want to get healthy as well.

Stepcutgirl - Yay for getting back on the wagon! I hope you make good choices today as sometimes the first day can be the hardest (for me at least). Do you participate in the online program only or do you go to meetings?

Ok, so here's my question...do I eat all my daily points at all costs or is it ok to leave a couple at the end of the day? Last week I had a few days where I only ate ~27pts and I have 29 to use. I did not touch my weekly point allowance. I was never hungry even though I ate less points than I was given. Is this ok or should I find a way to get them in no matter what?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
IG-Thank you! I now do online only. When I started I did meetings and online for about a month but I didn't like my local meeting that I was able to make and didn't feel it was helpful at all so I switched to online only. I'm lucky because I have a lot of support, my husband, sister and mom are all on it also. My sister reached her goal weight and my husband has lost a hair under 40lbs!

Do you go to meetings or just do online?

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Onine only for me too. It's awesome that you have the support of your family and congrats to your DH! My DH won't budge so I'm going at it alone :knockout:

How's your first day back been?

Aryana

Shiny_Rock
Thud... That was me as I firmly fell off the wagon. Yup, I'm not even anywhere near the wagon at this point....

I'm trying to at least go into maintenance mode. I was doing okay in maintenance mode until I went on a mini-vacation 3 weeks
ago and also celebrated my birthday (which I count as a HUGE holiday!) Where o where did my motivation go? I was doing so
well for so long and was so close. I was at the point they asked how much more I wanted to lose and told me I looked good. But, for ME, I wanted to lose about 20 pounds more (which I don't know if that is even feasible). Anyway, I'm going to keep looking in this
thread and maybe I'll find my motivation lurking behind the potted palm!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
IG-My first day back was decent. I went way over my points (and suspect after a girls weekend in Orlando I am sans weeklies) when my friend brought over cupcakes but I tracked it all. I know we are eating out with the in laws tonight so I'm going to keep it as low in points of a day as possible today.

Aryana-I thud-ed right there with ya girl. I'm lacking in motivation but I'm not close enough to stop. If I only had 10-20 left I would probably decide I could be "a little chubby" and be ok with it but sadly...I have much more to go than that. Happy belated birthday! How is the new job going?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Weigh in day for me and it was surprisingly happy. I'm down 2.6lbs and only about a half pound over my weight at it's lowest on WW. Lowest meaning the least I've weighed since being on WW, not in my adult life! I'm not really sure how that happened but I'll take it. It gives me bit of motivation to keep trying.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was just coming around to see how your weigh in went Stepcut! Congrats!!! 2.6lbs is awesome! Seeing that kind of loss really does provide motivation to keep going. :appl:

This week has been good...hoping I can stay motivated through the weekend though. We are going out for my sister's birthday tonight and she chose Cheesecake Factory aka the land of humongo sized portions. I've already viewed the menu so I know what I'm having ahead of time and decided to go with the roasted pear and chicken salad. I'll just get it without the blue cheese or candied pecans and with low fat vinagarette on the side so I should be good. Then we are heading off to the comedy club to catch a show. there is a 2 item minimum and I want to indulge a tiny bit without going overboard. I'm thinking I'll have 2 drinks. Any ideas for a yummy drink that won't derail my points? I tend to like sweeter drinks with margaritas being my favorite! :love:

Hope your first week went well Dreamer! Check in when Ryder lets you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG I think you should eat all your points. The daily allowance when changed to calories is actually not much. Think about it -- you have a whole day or two worth of flex points at your disposal, and you are supposed to eat *all those too* and still lose weight. If you cut too low, you risk your metabolism slowing and you don't want that!

Stepcut you know, a little chubby is ok too :)) When I saw a nutritionist and lost weight in my early 20s, her way of estimating a healthy weight for me was to either look at the lowest healthy body weight I had successfully maintainted as an adult for 2 years, OR look at my healthy weight from highschool and add 20 lbs. For me, those ended up being the same weight, which is about 20lbs more that WW says I should be but it a weight I can maintain and feel good at.

This week is great so far! I am breastfeeding which earned me 8 extra points per day :o and since I weight so much I feel positively gluttonous. Hee hee. DH is on plan too so it makes it easier. Honestly, we just don't eat out when on WW, which saves money and is healthier too, so it is not too bad.

I am saving all my flex points for pizza on the weekend.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1313192742|2989713 said:
I am breastfeeding which earned me 8 extra points per day :o and since I weight so much I feel positively gluttonous. Hee hee.

Feeling gluttonous while cutting back is awesome! that's one of the things I love about WW...there isn't any food that I'm told I can't have. It makes me feel better knowing I can have a snickers if I want to, I just have to decide if it's worth it.

Weigh in was today and I'm down another lb for a 6 lb total loss so far. :appl:
How did weigh in go for you Dreamer?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you IG! 6lbs is great. Are you feeling your clothing being looser? (And BTW it is cute that you are losing weight while expecting a child, that is a nice change from the alternative :cheeky: )

I lost 3lbs this week! I think last week the weigh in was elevated because of weather/salt, so it might not be "real" loss but I'll take it!

After my last pregnancy I lost all but 10lbs in a year without doing anything, just breast feeding, meaning I lost about 30lbs or so in that year. But I would like to lose the weight faster this time. I wonder how long it will take?? I have 39lbs to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight, and then would like to lose 10lbs more.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stepcut, woohooo for 2.6!

Dreamer, woohooo for 3 lbs!

I am joining this thread because I gained 33 lbs with my twin boys. I lost 26 lbs in 2 months after having them but just recently gained about 3 or 4 lbs so I need to keep losing. I have about 10 lbs to lose; it would have been 7 lbs but I have been snacky and trying to readjust to eating less.

I am glad to be part of this thread!!! :D Oh and I have been a Weight Watcher for I would say 6 years. I lost 35 lbs in the past and my happy weight goal is in the 135-140 range (meaning I can maintain that and and did that in the past). :wavey:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

So nice to see some familiar faces here! I joined on-line almost two months ago, tracked for two days, and then STOPPED. Oops! I kind of really do not like tracking points, but I really like Dreamer's suggestion to make THAT the goal each day. Actually, I read Dreamer's suggestion when she first posted it, thought it was a brilliant idea ("even I can do that") and then proceeded not to log-in at all.

Questions: Do you all look up values for the food that you eat? For instance, a slice of bread is 2 points, but do you input the information for each type of bread that you eat to make sure you are entering the exact points, or do you just wing it and go with the 2 points? I feel like I get caught up in being exact about everything, then get frustrated and just don't bother at all.

Also, I'd love to hear what some of you all are eating on a typical day.

Dreamer - You've mentioned that you're a vegetarian. Are you eating a protein at every meal? That's something I really struggle with. I'd love to hear what you're eating when you're on plan. Congrats on your loss so far! That's great that your DH participates with you.

IG - Yay for 6 less pounds!! :appl: Are you recording every day? Working out too?

StepCutGirl - Congrats on losing 2.6 pounds! :appl: You must use a digital scale then?

Skippy - Yay, nice to see you here!! You sound like an expert at this stuff. Help me!! :bigsmile:

Aryana - C'mon back! It's like a party here now!

AFM: I should mention that I'd be happy to lose 20 lbs, but would be REALLY happy to lose 40 lbs! I have lost all but 5 lbs of my prego weight, by doing NOTHING differently. I have closets full of clothing that I am unable to wear since I started gaining weight over the past 5-7 years or so. I take a low dose of an SSRI, which I believe makes it very hard for me to lose weight. That may or may not be true; however, it has certainly been a mental block for me, if nothing else.

I started tracking this morning. One day at a time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results