shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Drops for Diamond huggies?

zaq12

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone- i've never posted on the pearl thread before but i was hoping for some advice. I have on order a pair of diamond huggies (small hoops- 5 0.2 stones each) and I wanted to get a pair of detaichable tahitian drops for them. I've seen that people order from pearl paradis and I was thinking of doing the same but had a few questions.

- what size would you all recomend?
- should I get the plain pearls and have my jeweler make the drops? or would pearl paradise be able to do this for me?

any other suggestions? andone hae anything similar? I have an inexpensie (but sentimental) strand of gray pearls that I would wear the wearrings with and i would say that have a peacock overtone to them...

thanks!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Do you have any pictures of the sort of thing you'd like? That way we can give you some hints on where best to look. ;-)

zaq12

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply- the huggies are still in production! but they are to be like these:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-huggies-hoops.159316/#post-2894830?hilit=huggies#p2894830']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-huggies-hoops.159316/#post-2894830?hilit=huggies#p2894830[/URL]

I also have diamond studs, and could get a pair of drops for those if you all think that would look better? maybe with a one inch chain? I'e always loved tahitian pearls and feel like it would be far more affordable to go this route then waiting for a dream trip to tahiti

thanks again!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zaq12|1304015485|2907182 said:
thanks for the reply- the huggies are still in production! but they are to be like these:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-huggies-hoops.159316/#post-2894830?hilit=huggies#p2894830']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-huggies-hoops.159316/#post-2894830?hilit=huggies#p2894830[/URL]

I also have diamond studs, and could get a pair of drops for those if you all think that would look better? maybe with a one inch chain? I'e always loved tahitian pearls and feel like it would be far more affordable to go this route then waiting for a dream trip to tahiti

thanks again!

That sounds lovely!

Just a couple of comments -
If I can ask - do you have dark hair? And if so do you already have dark-coloured drops? I ask because I have black hair, and I acquired a lovely pair of darker tahitian drops a long time ago.. that I never wear because they just fade into the background. If you're dark haired and you're not sure if you'll mind the lack of contrast, I would suggest choosing either lighter coloured tahitians or investing in a pair of rounds - they'll cost more up front, but if you find you don't wear them as drops you'll have the option of resetting as studs (mine are drop-shaped so they just won't work as studs, sadly!) Also - a darker shape will look smaller than a lighter shape of the same size IRL, so if you're looking to get a certain apparent size you'll want to consider the colour of that specific pair.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what the pearl mavens suggest ::)

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
OP, I had the exact same thought! Get huggies, add pearl drops (for the wedding) -- and wear the huggies daily!

Pearl experts, please opine!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I ordered some pearls from PP and was planning on getting pearl drops made to go with my diamond studs.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I meant to show the link as an example. I think smaller diamonds like the link is complimentary to the pears. IMHO I would not pair extra large diamonds on the huggies (like the link you posted) with tahitian pearls. The pearls themselves are pretty enough without lots of diamond. Again, just MHO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results