shape
carat
color
clarity

William and Kate and Diana's Ring

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I have noticed over the years that sapphires tend to have this ability to appear larger at a distance...especially the darker ones....they look bigger in photographs....Just my little observation! LOL :bigsmile: Diana's ring.

m.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
So, I have been waiting to post about the watch....or watches...I mean, when Diana became a royal, she was given by Charles for her birthday a gorgeous Patek and Phillip watch....so, I'm wondering, perhaps ahead of myself, when and what Kate will be given as a watch? The royals are lovers of their watches...the queen has a few beauties....I will post a few, but first, Diana's...there is the P&P, the tank, and a few more...:)

goldwatch1.jpg

goldwatchlf.jpg

AADS001944.jpg

flowernecklace.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Tank...and more :naughty:

AADS001156.jpg

0000330770-002.jpg

0000327693-008.jpg

0000327693-006.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Diana, dressed to impess...

0000312413-018.jpg

0000330714-002.jpg

HU009054.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I really do like tanks! That watch seems to compliment her ring so well! :bigsmile:

Cartier-Tank-Watch1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I saw some very pretty renderings of Diana style rings...here they are! Whatever colour you fancy! :naughty:

stock-photo-amethyst-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-black-24252217.jpg

stock-photo-amethyst-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-white-24252190.jpg

stock-photo-emerald-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-black-24252211.jpg

stock-photo-emerald-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-white-24252214.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I love all of the colours! :twirl:

stock-photo-garnet-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-black-24252205.jpg

stock-photo-garnet-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-white-24252208.jpg

stock-photo-ruby-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-black-24252199.jpg

stock-photo-ruby-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-white-24252202.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
One of each please! :bigsmile: But if i have to choose.....uummmm, sapphire!!! :tongue:

stock-photo-sapphire-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-black-24252193.jpg

stock-photo-sapphire-and-diamond-cluster-rings-on-white-24252196.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Here is some info about a book mentioned that Wills did about his lovely mother Diana;
'Laundry lady Diana’s early years to be revealed in new book by Prince William
Leave a Comment

As she pegged out washing on the line, this 17-year-old’s immediate ambition was to go on a course which would improve her cooking.But her domestic skills were to prove unnecessary in later life – when she was waited on hand and foot as Princess of Wales.

The previously-unpublished shot of Lady Diana Spencer, taken in 1978, is expected to be included in a book by Prince William which will pay tribute to his late mother.

Scroll down for more

Princess Diana in early years

Lady Diana Spencer as a nanny in 1978 on her £16-a-week wage.

At the time, she was working as a £16-a-week nanny for family friends Major Jeremy Whitaker and his wife Philippa at their country home in Hampshire.

She was introduced to the couple by her close friend William van Straubenzee, Philippa’s brother, and looked after their two-year-old daughter, Alexandra, for three months.

Shortly afterwards she moved to London, where she was singled out as a potential wife for Prince Charles.

The photograph was taken by Marion ter Reehorst, the family’s Dutch former au pair, when she returned to visit the Whitakers for a short holiday.

Miss ter Reehorst, 49, recalled: “Diana was very sweet and giggly but quite shy and unconfident.

“I made her laugh when I told her about a very rich man I had been dating that I didn’t want to marry.

“In return, she told me about her sister, Sarah.

“She seemed very fond of her but also quite jealous and told me she had dated Prince Charles.”

Diana touchingly confided in Marion about the depth of hurt she felt when her mother, Frances, left her father, Earl Spencer, and moved to Australia with her new husband, in the early 1970s.

Marlon ter ReehorstMarlon ter Reehorst remembers Diana as ‘sweet and giggly’ in her early years

“She said it made her feel very abandoned.

“You could hear in her voice how vulnerable she was.

“When she spoke to me about the future she said she was hoping to persuade her father to let her move to London and do a cookery course, so the news that she was suddenly going to become a member of the Royal Family was very unexpected.

“To me, she didn’t seem cut out for that sort of life.”

William is hoping to bring out the charity book, full of unseen picturesand recollections by his mother’s friends, following the success of this summer’s Concert for Diana.

Yesterday, the 25-year-old prince was in London making final preparations for Friday’s Diana memorial service.

He and Harry have now issued a last-minute invitation to their mother’s former aide, Victoria Mendham, who had been left off the guest list.

Clarence House insisted it had been an ‘oversight’ as opposed to a deliberate snub.

The princes have continued to insist, however, that Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell should not be invited after being seen to cash in on her memory.

The Mail understands that William has spoken at length to the Duchess of Cornwall about her decision to pull out of the service at the Guards Chapel.

A source close to the prince said he and Harry had apologised to Camilla for the debacle. “She told them not to worry and thanked the princes for inviting her in the first place.”

It has also emerged that Scotland Yard is considering pressing charges against some of those who made threats against Camilla, warning her not to attend the service.
' =) 8) :read:

ladydiana_468x350.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Di's ring.....a tribute..... :bigsmile:

bab-ring-small.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
More copies, some really pretty...although, not many truly acc :bigsmile: urate...

EN_00942724_0004.jpg

EN_00942724_0015.jpg

engagement-ring-282x300.jpg

Modern-Sapphire-Diamond-Ring-with-Snake-Band6.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Some are very good though.... :praise:

P44778B.jpg

Whatsabouttown7148 a for blog.jpg

8-2327231A75UC926668M.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
I loved Diana in blue, and it seems that it's Kate's colour as well! :bigsmile:

william.jpg

6a00d83451595d69e20133f5f61ea4970b-320wi.jpg

Royal-engagement-006.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The Queen mother had some wonderful sapphires as well..one of which was her e ring. William's great grandmother was very loved and still is! What cute pics! :bigsmile:

9b54faa7e59bb503_large.jpg

c08e8f809c4430bd_large.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHH, and the vintage avon diana ring! :loopy:

vintage-avon-princess-diana-sapphire-look-ring-70s_130459050313.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Diana with her famous ring.... :saint:

78355462_Diana_80712e.jpg

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Nice pics! I was never a Diana fan (my views on Diana are closer to Pandora's) but she picked out one gorgeous ring! Thanks for sharing so many pictures of this lovely ring! It really is breathtaking and made me fall in love with ovals and sapphires.

Funny that the many people who now say that halos are a passing fad should be reminded just how timeless they are when they see Diana's ring from 1981.

Good taste never goes out of style.

high_em

Rough_Rock
Jenna, I read a post on your personal blog about helping us acquire a blue sapphire. I would like to re-create her ring and am scared to buy online. Can you help direct me to a trustworthy person?

**edited by moderator. please do not post personal contact information on the forum**

Also, do you make the setting yourself? Your ring is so beautiful. I'd love to know who made the setting as well if possible.

Thanks so much,

Olga

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results