shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiny pink sapphires!

ariadne28

Rough_Rock
Hi all :wavey:

I recently made my first loose gemstone purchase: a parcel of tiny light pink sapphires from eBay! They are 1.8mm each, and I have 50 of them. I'm pretty satisfied with the colour. I was going for a very light pink, but in some light they look almost colourless so I'm wondering if I shouldn't have gone for something a little darker.

Now my big dream for these little gems involves setting them into a rose gold eternity band, which I'm hoping will complement the pink and bring it out a little more. I got a quote from BGD, but it was more than I'd like to spend. I'm very happy with my lotus ring, so I'm going to ask Sally at Heart of Water for a quote. Can anyone suggest other venders who might be able to help me out?

Thanks!

Pics:

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

T

talamasca

Very pretty pinks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The labour of setting melees are going to cost far more than the melees themselves, hence I'd suggest an Etsy vendor (although some are quite expensive!). I am unfamiliar with many Etsy vendors though and therefore rather not make any recommendations.

MontageCreations

Rough_Rock
Trade
Chrono said:
The labour of setting melees are going to cost far more than the melees themselves, hence I'd suggest an Etsy vendor (although some are quite expensive!). I am unfamiliar with many Etsy vendors though and therefore rather not make any recommendations.

Chrono is double right, the setting charges for this type of ring will make it incomparable to what you see on the market, the reason is that most of the eternity style rings set with smaller melee are machine set, and since you are supplying the stones and not integrated into the setting process, you will bear the burden of hand setting charges to finish the band. Hand setting melee costs are usually more than the cost of the stones.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
PS. The sapphires are beautiful!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's a great idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results