shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Aqua Band from WF

Mobydickulous

Rough_Rock
Hello again all. I'm coming back to PS after you folks helped me a great deal in choosing the right stone and ring for my fiancee late last year (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-new.124459/). She absolutely adores it and I wanted to thank you all again for being so helpful.

As we move along in the planning process for our wedding next year, my fiancee has started looking into wedding bands. I started a thread about that last year as well (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/searching-for-aquamarine-wedding-band.124523/) but here's the latest. After falling in love with her e-ring from WF my fiancee would like to use them again for the band and really likes the matching flush fit band they offer (http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding_bands/matching-flush-fit-diamond-band_1149.htm). However, as I mentioned in the earlier thread, she wants to incorporate aquamarines. I've been in contact with Liza at WF and they can easily modify the flush fit diamond band to include aquas. The question now becomes whether to use all aquas or alternating aquas and diamonds. The price difference is negligible at that size so it really comes down to the look, and my fiancee is having a hard time envisioning what she would prefer.

So, after all that, I was hoping the fine folks here at PS might be able to point me in the direction of similar rings of both designs. Alternatively, if there are any skilled photoshop artists here, changing the hue of the stock WF Flush Fit photo to a pale blue, as well as an alternating diamond and aqua look, would probably go a long way in helping her choose.

As always, I welcome any other thoughts or suggestions you might have, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I highly discourage using aquamarines in a wedding band that is to be worn everyday 24/7 as the stone is too soft to handle such stress unless you are willing to put up with scratched up and chipped aquamarines that need replacement frequently.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
chrono said:
I highly discourage using aquamarines in a wedding band that is to be worn everyday 24/7 as the stone is too soft to handle such stress unless you are willing to put up with scratched up and chipped aquamarines that need replacement frequently.

agreed.

you might consider cabs....which would not have the faceted edges that are in danger with 24/7 wear. of course, one loses the "bling" factor......but it certainly would be less expensive to replace a aqua cab.

mz

Mobydickulous

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for the replies. I understand and echo the concerns about the soft nature of aquamarines but as I'm sure you can understand, there is often a sizable disconnect between the heart and the mind when it comes to choosing a wedding ring set. My fiancee has had her heart set on aquamarine long before she entertained any thoughts of a wedding. In the process of searching for an e-ring she originally wanted a three stone ring with a large aqua in the center. I gave her the facts about the durability of the stone to ensure that she could make an educated decision and after she spoke to a number of jewelers who gave her the same information she agreed that it simply wouldn't work. I saw her disappointment and even went as far as ordering the ring she initially wanted for occasional wear.

Now that we've come to the wedding band though, I'm confident that the joy she'll feel in having the ring she truly wants will outweigh the occasional burden of having to replace an aqua for her now and then. The particular flush fit setting seems well designed to offer as much impact protection as possible and the size of the stones isn't likely to show a ton of abrasion wear. I also think that if she settles on alternating diamonds and aquas the durability will be sufficient.

Again, I truly appreciate your replies and understand that you're only trying to look out for us.

Mobydickulous

Rough_Rock
I'm raising this thread from the dead to say that I ordered my fiancee's ring from WF last week. She did end up deciding on alternating diamonds and aquas in the WF flush fit setting after months of occasional looking for other options. The folks at WF should be done putting it together early next week and I'll be sure to put up a picture when we get them. We haven't seen many Aqua rings (most likely for all the reasons mentioned above) so we're excited to see how it turns out.

I'm hopeful that the wear factor won't be too much of an issue and I'm nearly certain that my Fiancee's excitement will more than make up for any problems we do run into.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I hope the band lives up to your expectations! I think WF does really beautiful work and I bet they will not disappoint. I can't wait to see your band because aqua is my birthstone and I've love a combination diamond and aqua ring down the line.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see photos because I'm sure it's gorgeous!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
hi, I too love aquas! If it does end up that she can't wear it daily, I'm sure she'll love it enough to keep it to wear at night or whathave you. if it's something in your heart you really want for your wedding, your happiness in having it outweighs the inconvenience of the stone. Maybe get a plain gold wedding band for daily wear. Get what makes you happy. I'm currently having my original e-ring set with an aquamarine, it's 22 years, and I've always wanted that, so I guess that's why I say get what you want....I wanted a sapphire or aqua originally, but I was young (and dumb...well just overwhelmed) and I went with a diamond. But, I'm a colored stone type of gal. Eventually, I'm getting my aqua!

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
I ordered an aqua and diamond band from Whiteflash a little over a year ago (First Mother's Day present...son born March 2010). I wear it every day although not at home (I take all my jewelry off as soon as I get home). My ring is beautiful (I actually think there is a picture of it on their website) and I am sure yours will be too!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Maybe greenish blue sapphires instead of aquas?

Mobydickulous

Rough_Rock
applequeen|1307389241|2939159 said:
I ordered an aqua and diamond band from Whiteflash a little over a year ago (First Mother's Day present...son born March 2010). I wear it every day although not at home (I take all my jewelry off as soon as I get home). My ring is beautiful (I actually think there is a picture of it on their website) and I am sure yours will be too!
Great to hear from someone else who's had good luck with an aqua ring from WF, what a great idea for a mother's day ring. My fiancee does the same with her e-ring, it usually goes right in the box as soon as she gets home.

I got the pictures of the ring from WF yesterday and it should be here late next week. I don't think I'm going to show them to her so she can be surprised by the final ring when it gets here. The aquas are subtle but just vibrant enough. I think it really adds character to the band. It's exactly what she wanted and I think she'll love it. I'll post some pictures at some point, but trust that it looks just like this, except with alternating aquas and diamonds - http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/flush-fit-diamond-wedding-band-401.htm

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
I am sure she will love it. I've always loved aquamarines so I was thrilled to have a March baby. :)

Did you end up working with Liza? She helped me with my ring and was great. This is my ring http://www.whiteflash.com/gallery/wedding-bands.htm (I think :) )

In real life I think the aquas are just noticable enough...the diamonds are sparkly and the ring ...overall it's exactly what I wanted :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results