shape
carat
color
clarity

1ct F vs2 diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mgm

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m intending to purchase the following diamond for about $6100:

Shape: Round Brilliant
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Diam: 6.40 mm (1.2%) : 6.36-6.44
Depth: 3.98 mm (62.2%)
Crown: 35.5 degrees (15.3%)
Pavil: 41.1 degrees (43.4%)
Table: 3.69 mm (58%)
Culet: 0.6% (very small)
Gridle: 0.31% - 2.66% (very small to slightly thick)

My question, is it a beautiful diamond and is the price considered right? I''ve got a sarin report, but it didn''t have much info other than that above, should I ask for more, or is it enough.
I''ve got 10 days for returning it, but I wouldn''t like to pay shipping costs in case I don''t like because I''ve already done that before!

Finally, there are slight differences between the GIA report and sarin report, for example sarin states depth is 62.2% and table is 58%, while GIA states 62.5% and 57% respectively, should I worry?

Many thanks,
MGM

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It may be a little bit deep. An ideal cut 1 carat stone should measure about 6.5mms. Your crown angle is steeper than what most people recommend (34-35 degrees). But it may be beautiful to your eye. Is is being sold as an ideal cut?

As for the differences between the GIA and Sarin measurements, no need to worry there. It''s not unusual for stones to measure a bit differently at different times and on different machines.

UnionDiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi MGM,

I''m assuming it''s a 1.00ct +/- based on the measurements and depth percentage.

Your question was, "is it a beautiful diamond and is the price considered right?” The diamond only scores a 5.4 on the HCA so you could probably do better in terms of cut. The overall price does seem fair.

With regard to the discrepancy between the GIA report and Sarin, it''s quite common and mostly due to calibration of individual machines.

Good Luck.

mgm

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for your replies.
I wasn''t being sold this diamond as ''ideal'' cut, but I wanted something that would fit to my budget and look as beautiful as possible - at the same time keeping it to my preferred carat size, 1.00.

I believe, it''s now best to abandon this one due to its large depth %, and I''ll try to look for other better cuts.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results