shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever heard of Renaissance Platinum or had this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I found this setting from a company in California called renaissance platinum. I love the setting. Had is shipped to a local jeweler to see it on my hand. Absolutely loved it. It is pretty pricey($4k), so I am considering having it custom made. I am curious what others think or have heard of this company.

Here is the ring.
engage.jpg

I am looking to get a brillant cushion center stone. Input on your thoughts of the combo would be helpful too.

thanks.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only heard of them by reputation, and nothing first hand. Aren''t they some big deal Beverly Hills type jeweler who creates specialty settings?

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Hest88. I read that background from their site. The owner is some famous jeweler. I was just curious since no one on the East coast knows that much about them, and asically only one place in the NYmetro, in Long Island carries his stuff. I figured if he was so high end other places, but I guess he competes directly with tacori, so maybe conflicts prevented it.

Thanks,

bobsled

Rough_Rock
My buddy just got engaged and he had Renaissance custom make the setting. It turned out beautifully.

I''ve also been looking at the same company and have even seen that particular setting -- I was impressed and will probably end up going with them too. They are sold through a very reputable jeweler on the East Coast (Baltimore).

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Bobsled. Thanks. If you know and don''t mind sharing, what was your buddy''s price. You can range it. I was wondering, how much working with them directly would cost rather then working through a jeweler.

The setting is gorgeous in person. I have seen others like it, but they can''t compare in my mind.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Yan, just my two cents. If you''re looking at something with this much detail, personally I wouldn''t trust it to just anyone. If it were me, I''d rather save up and get it through someone I knew would do a great job.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I kinda agree wtih Hest.

I have a tacori setting which is similarly ornate. Having a custom setting done like this will probably be equal or more expensive when all is said and done. Don''t quote me tho'' I''m sure someone has had made for less.

I''m very happy w/going the designer route in the end.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Hest and Laney, you guys made very good points. I actually saw some things similar and it just wasn''t the same. The first time I tried that ring on it was like magic. Everything else since has been okay. It''s interesting since every jeweler I have gone was like yeah we can make it, and you can defintely tell the difference

BTW, Laney. I love your ring. Had to sneak a peak. I like the the band is flush with the ring. I love that tacori too and the Michael B.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results