shape
carat
color
clarity

Pity party, please join me!

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
My oval sapphire anniversary ring was ruined last year and it took me about 6 months to find just the right setting for my ring. I worked with a custom jeweler locally, visited diamond districts in several cities and finally went with a custom Daussi halo. It was supposed to be done the 27th of last month. Then they said the 2nd, then the 4th and then I got a call last night that it would be the 10th...MAYBE!

I know in the big picture, it is flash of time, but man, I am SO bummed out. I actually got tears in my eyes when they called me last night and I am just as disappointed this morning. :(

Part of me wonders if something has gone terribly wrong, especially when they assured me 'nothing was wrong'. I hadn't thought anything was wrong until they said that.

So talk me down and tell me your story of a ring/jewelry item that was delayed and how well it turned out. I am about driving myself crazy and, in turn, my poor husband!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler told me it would take four to six weeks to finish my new colored diamond eternity band, but it took three months. I am very happy with the finished product. I suspect some of the delay was getting the gold cast correct, but he didn't tell me. They may have sent him something with the wrong size stones. In the end, it's better to wait a little longer to get the desired outcome, than to rush a jeweler. Of course, some lengthy periods are unacceptable, like someone who has waited a YEAR for a ring to be completed. However, for the complexity of my piece and all the bezels and stones that had to be fitted just right, I was very patient.

Sorry for your disappointment.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly ~

I don't have a story to share, yet, but I wanted to let you know that I feel for you and the frustration surrounding repeated disappointment. I am keeping my fingers, (rings and all), crossed that your custom Daussi halo ring is everything you'r hoped and more upon its safe return home!

Let us know.

~ faegrace

kt

Shiny_Rock
Oh I literally just posted a topic on my own wait!!!! My jeweler is shipping my ring out and i've been waiting over a month for it to get done so I can relate!!!!!! With the holiday last weekend it's taking forever to get here.....

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
Thanks you guys--and goodness sakes, SO glad we're not talking a year wait. That is amazing patience!!

And of course...photos when it DOES actually arrive!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
I have a great local jeweller, but yep, it takes the patience of a saint...I've been waiting for about 2 or 3 months, just to see some stones, I've been wanting a rubellite and an aquamarine. So, I'm a waiting! They specialize in diamonds, very nice, high end, but not colored stones. Iwhat can I say? I tell myself I'll get something wonderful in the end, so what's the rush? It's always worth the wait. Just tell youself, it's worth the wait.

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly, when we were making our engagement ring and wedding set it took such a long time to get the design right. I wanted CAD's or sketches and the designer wanted to go straight to waxes instead. We went through three separate sets, shipping back and forth between states. It took months before finally we got CAD's and things very quickly straightened out. After the rings finally got here, I noticed some tiny pitting in the surface. It should have been noticed and repaired before being sent to us. It took 4 months total and became agonizing. Looking back, it seems long ago even though it really wasn't. Despite the at times stressful experience, I don't regret the amount of time it took to get them just right. Why? Because the final outcome was sooooo worth the wait. Hang in there!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had some custom jewelry made locally and he can get it finished in days to months so I think it has to do with getting pieces for it and what other projects he has to work on. It is hard to wait since you are so excited to get it but it will be worth the wait. I can't wait to see it. Hang in there! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results