shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't find what I'm looking for... I need help!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, a few weeks ago I came across these Ippolita earrings, and I'm obsessed. I want something as similar as possible, but I refuse to spend $900 on chalcedony and silver.

I've been looking to source stones, and even contacted a few vendors, with no luck. I am in loooove with the color of these stones and I must, must, must have some earrings like this.

I've been driving myself crazy trying to source stones that are similar. Is there somewhere that any of you think I should be looking?

Thank you!

perfectearrings.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
That would 'splain some things. I've looked and looked, even on her site, and never saw what type of stone it was. Uppy and I had decided it must have been chalcedony that was treated to give it that luster.

So... Is lilac mother of pearl easy to find?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I suspect it is either dyed, or the doublet backing has color. They're beautiful earrings. Have you considered using a flat briolette in a similar but non-irridescent stone, or is the sheen what you like?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving the color, and the shape of the stones. The sheen is interesting, but not necessary. Where could I find flat briolettes? That seems like it would be perfect. I'd take anything-- moonstone, amethyst, mother of pearl.. Whatever will give me that color.

I've got this darling purple dress to wear for Easter... And it's possible I'll be getting a ring that day, so I'm hankering for some fabulous lilac or lavendar earrings to wear.

Sigh.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
My first thought was to have someone cut some Rose De France Amethyst. Does anyone know who would work with it? I know I've seen it regularly at one of the vendors, but can't seem to find it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doug at Bespoke has Rose de France amethyst.

Love those earrings BTW!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Uppy, those are close, but too dark for what I want. I've thought about those more than once.. Worst case scenario I may buy their moonstone earrings anyway.

Packrat, I'm not familiar with Bespoke.. Do you have a link? Thank you!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yep, the moonstone are pretty, and more versitile. Are you thinking bangle bracelets too?

il_570xN_213478759.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Hey Packy! Good to see you. Thanks for lending OU a hand.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mmm, those are pretty, but maybe still too dark, Uppy!

Packrat, thank you! I've contacted him about the stones.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Rose quartz has a similar look. A flat backed stone can be overlaid upon mother of pearl in the setting.

Laura

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Packrat, thank you! I've contacted him about the stones.

Doug's the only person I can think of who has Rose de France amethyst on his site a fair bit. He doesn't have any, huh? That's a shame. No rose quartz either? He does sometimes list that too. Hmmmmm......

--- Laurie

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the help, it's much appreciated. I have contacted Pradman, who makes both the moonstone and amethyst earrings Uppy posted. I actually e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago and finally heard back today! They are looking for something a little lighter in shade than those amethysts.. Fingers crossed they can find them.

I really appreciate everyone's time helping me find the perfect earrings.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I gave up on the purple stones.. Nothing is quite doing it for me! So, I bought the moonstones that Uppy posted. I'm excited to see what they look like in person, and I think they'll be really fun earrings to own.

Now, I just need about 5 of those bangles...

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
I know you gave up on the stones, but I have to tell you- Jerry at Gemart has a bit of Rose De France on hand.
A girl can have 2 pair, yes? :devil:

Got his info from TL and for that I am so thankful =)

Rose de France June 2011 sm.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I love those pictures of rough !!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results