color
clarity

Don't need it, do want it, thoughts?

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
FallenRox|1306877473|2934737 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-66ct-OVAL-100-NATURAL-RARE-MORGANITE-PINK-EMERALD-/330569817354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf77f1d0a

Never bought a morganite stone, but I got a few stones in today and I don't like any of them. Maybe I'm having a tantrum, not sure- but anyway this caught my eye and I've only been reading about spinels for the past month or so. If I'm hard on jewelery, is this a bad choice for an every day right hand ring?

Yes.

I'm not keen on that stone. The vendor doesn't have a great reputation and I'm not sure that it would be worth spending the money on having it set to be perfectly honest.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Morganite is a beryl, also has poor cleavage & is somewhat brittle. For everday wear, even if someone isn't hard on jewelry, probably not the best idea.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
And that is why I like you guys. Thank you! =)

MontageCreations

Rough_Rock
Trade
Don't dismiss the morganite as a RHR, it is the same as an emerald in hardness, structure, and chemical composition, differing only in it's coloring agents, and I see tons of emeralds worn daily as RHR. The morganite will be cheaper to replace if ever needed, unlike an emerald.

I can't comment on another vendors work/merchandise, but pay close attention to what Pandora said, and how she phrased it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
MontageCreations|1306953332|2935536 said:
Don't dismiss the morganite as a RHR, it is the same as an emerald in hardness, structure, and chemical composition, differing only in it's coloring agents, and I see tons of emeralds worn daily as RHR. The morganite will be cheaper to replace if ever needed, unlike an emerald.
I can't comment on another vendors work/merchandise, but pay close attention to what Pandora said, and how she phrased it.

I would agree with this completely. However you said that you wanted an everyday ring and that you were hard on your jewellery which was why I said it wasn't a good choice for you.

If someone is not a klutz with their hands, or is but wants an occasional wear ring, then Morganite is a great choice.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Agreed, it should be fine as an occasional use ring or a daily wear ring if it is worn with care. Another option is to wear it daily but not 24/7; ie. only when you are out, taking it off when cleaning, etc.

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just as a FYI.... Beryl does not have cleavage as one of its characteristics. May have been thinking of Kunzite which definitely has cleavage and can be very similar in appearance. Not that this is really important, but wouldn't want someone to get the wrong impression regarding Morganite.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Another thing regarding morganite is that a lot of it on the market is poor quality brownish-green beryl that has been irradiated and then heated. The treatment is stable and as far as I know not detectable...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results