color
clarity

An idea, if you live with a guy...

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maplefemme|1306787798|2933894 said:
swingirl|1306708948|2933305 said:
Vegetables in the vegetable bin. Cheese in the cheese drawer---everything else, in any spot it will fit. It's not like anything can get "lost". There's only about 4-5 sq feet of space to use anyway.

This made me laugh, to me, it's really what it boils down to :lol:
Now if I borrow his tools however, I put them back where I got them, I know it would irk him if I didn't. But if I found a note in the fridge it better be a love note I tell you!

Tools??? Don't even get me started on my corded drill! :angryfire: I had it in the same drawer in the house for 10 years, he shows up and BOOM! GONE! Where did it go? Burned up or lost on someone else's boat, who knows. He just looks down his nose when I bristle, and says, "Well, we've got several cordless drills." I HATE cordless. They are heavy and require batteries. If I'd wanted cordless I'd have bought CORDLESS, d*****!

The boy OWES me a corded drill.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
The tools annoys me too! He has an entire shed and half the garage filled with tools. All I ask for is my small light weight hammer and picture nails for hanging things and a few screwdrivers for changing batteries in toys. I have *MY* set that I went out and purchased. Of course, EVERY TIME I need them they are not in my drawer where I keep them.

I finally went out and bought a hammer and screwdriver set that has PINK/FLOWERY handles---thinking he would get the hint. Did it work? Nope.

Edited to add: the reason he uses MINE is bc he can FIND THEM. His stuff is always missing! You think he would learn and put things away!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1306752534|2933577 said:
Like women are immune from this horrible disease of not putting things away. :roll:
seems to me at least two of us chimed in and admitted we were more likely to be the offender?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh for heaven's sake, please stop getting your panties in a bunch. This post isn't about YOU, it's about ME and something that occured in MY household. No one left YOU that note, so why the heck are YOU getting insulted???

I did not claim that ALL men are untidy, or that women are not untidy. Why anyone would think that is beyond me. Are you offended that I wrote 'guy' instead of 'person'?!! I'm talking about MY personal experience, it doesn't HAVE TO RELATE TO YOU. Why you think it should baffles me.

Women apparently love drama. And create drama where there is none.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1306844035|2934355 said:
Oh for heaven's sake, please stop getting your panties in a bunch. This post isn't about YOU, it's about ME and something that occured in MY household. No one left YOU that note, so why the heck are YOU getting insulted???

I did not claim that ALL men are untidy, or that women are not untidy. Why anyone would think that is beyond me. Are you offended that I wrote 'guy' instead of 'person'?!! I'm talking about MY personal experience, it doesn't HAVE TO RELATE TO YOU. Why you think it should baffles me.

davi is actually an oppressed man, so I supposed it would be him getting his boxers or tighty whities in a bunch.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Heh, this thread is a lot more entertaining than I thought it was going to be.

I have a habit where I forget to put away the mustard. We're not talking a tiny jar of gourmet mustard, we're talking the big honkin' bright yellow giant bottle of hotdog mustard, which apparently I am incapable of seeing when it comes time to put my stuff away? :confused:

He tried to point it out to me several times, but my eyes still missed the mustard. Solution? He started parking it right in front of our bedroom door so I'd trip over it on my way to the bathroom. Two tripping incidents had me trained for a year, with only one trip tune-up required since. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live with a guy and we have dust ups about this stuff too.
In every single instance a man was at fault.

Lesbian couples never argue about this stuff because they are both perfect.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kama! I'm HIGHLY offended!!! "Women" do NOT like drama!! How dare you stereotype us like that! I'm going to go out straight away and open a thread about how some women - like you - oppress us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(deep cleansing breaths...in ...out....)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At PS, drama could be defined as when someone else cares about something more than you.

The term drama is used as a criticism. :nono:
Why not just let other people care about what they care about?

Couldn't calling something drama be defined as drama?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
ksinger|1306867172|2934610 said:

Kama! I'm HIGHLY offended!!! "Women" do NOT like drama!! How dare you stereotype us like that! I'm going to go out straight away and open a thread about how some women - like you - oppress us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Singer, a while back you and I were "discussing" a topic and you pointed out that PS is too PC (I'm paraphrasing)....It took me a while to see it but I have to say---you are right!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Yes please continue to mock me. It's a great eye opener to your true character.

It's also a great eye opener as to why so many people have left PS.

I thought I could stomach reading other things you have written or may post in the future, but I thought wrong. I just wanted you to know I am adding you that list (not that you care). Hopefully that makes my experience on PS more enjoyable. It probably will. Have a good life.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Drama queen. Sheesh.

I KID!!!! I was afraid you were going to cry like a baby girl. :devil: ;)) :Up_to_something:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
ksinger|1306784800|2933863 said:
Well, PS IS quite prissy these days, as a rule. I juxtapose the tenor of this place with the tales from my husband's favorite forums - where the vast majority of posters are males, and sailors at that. The standard response/board greeting to ANY newbie is "HTFU* and show us your tits - or your girlfriend's/wife's tits." And that's the NICE stuff. Needless to say, any women who post there regularly (and there are a few) are 1)not going to change this behavior, and 2)are able to deal with it without getting offended and crying foul every 2 seconds - probably because they are sailors who hang with sailors. I guess pointing out that that place populated by mostly men is far more direct and dare I say it, crude, while at the same time being remarkably serious-conflict-free would also be considered "sexist". :rolleyes:

I'm curious what sailing forum that is. The sailing forums my ex frequented (he was a cruiser) were kinda boring - just guys talking about gear and cruisers. There was one joke thread a couple of years back that could get kinda offensive but come to think of it, members just responded to one offensive joke with another offensive joke in the opposite direction. There were a lot of offensive jokes but no drama.

The only drama I saw was when a member openly considered buying a boat and a lurker snatched it from him. Familiar, huh? :saint:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmeliaG|1306870162|2934642 said:
ksinger|1306784800|2933863 said:
Well, PS IS quite prissy these days, as a rule. I juxtapose the tenor of this place with the tales from my husband's favorite forums - where the vast majority of posters are males, and sailors at that. The standard response/board greeting to ANY newbie is "HTFU* and show us your tits - or your girlfriend's/wife's tits." And that's the NICE stuff. Needless to say, any women who post there regularly (and there are a few) are 1)not going to change this behavior, and 2)are able to deal with it without getting offended and crying foul every 2 seconds - probably because they are sailors who hang with sailors. I guess pointing out that that place populated by mostly men is far more direct and dare I say it, crude, while at the same time being remarkably serious-conflict-free would also be considered "sexist". :rolleyes:

I'm curious what sailing forum that is. The sailing forums my ex frequented (he was a cruiser) were kinda boring - just guys talking about gear and cruisers. There was one joke thread a couple of years back that could get kinda offensive but come to think of it, members just responded to one offensive joke with another offensive joke in the opposite direction. There were a lot of offensive jokes but no drama.

The only drama I saw was when a member openly considered buying a boat and a lurker snatched it from him. Familiar, huh? :saint:

That would be Sailing Anarchy. Emphasis on the "anarchy". ;)) There is a subforum for everything including cruising, but there are many off-topic ones as well. Some are pretty....um...off color at times. :-o ;))

My husband is a hard-core racer BTW - used to do Lasers and 505's, now he owns a J24 and is lusting after a Finn....

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor|1306868848|2934627 said:

I thought I could stomach reading other things you have written or may post in the future, but I thought wrong. I just wanted you to know I am adding you that list (not that you care). Hopefully that makes my experience on PS more enjoyable. It probably will. Have a good life.

I prefer to think of it as an insight into my tolerance for passive-aggressive tit-for-tat threads opened up because someone in ANOTHER thread got their knickers in a twist and can't address things in a direct manner in the original thread. It's low, clearly. This is not the first time such a thread has been opened, and I find them just as petulant, childish and mock-worthy now as I did the first time I saw one.

Complaining about husbands is a time-honored tradition. We women do it over coffee, or the electronic equivalent of such, as do they, in spaces dominated by them. We arrive home refreshed (as do the men from their sessions) from laughing with other women with similar experiences. And we still adore our men, and they know it. Enough said.

BTW - women DO do more housework. Still. Empirically. By the numbers. We can hash all day WHY - (nature or nurture), but at the end of said day, in general as the female spouse I'm doing more cleaning up after a male person.

Just a small smattering of the articles out there....
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/29/health/webmd/main3217169.shtml
http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Married-Women-Do-More-Housework
http://news.consumerreports.org/appliances/2011/04/time-saving-appliances-that-settle-marital-disputes.html

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1306878392|2934750 said:

I prefer to think of it as an insight into my tolerance for passive-aggressive tit-for-tat threads opened up because someone in ANOTHER thread got their knickers in a twist and can't address things in a direct manner in the original thread. It's low, clearly. This is not the first time such a thread has been opened, and I find them just as petulant, childish and mock-worthy now as I did the first time I saw one.

Hmm, I thought Davi was pretty direct.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1306879027|2934760 said:

Hmm, I thought Davi was pretty direct.

A rollie-eyes emoticon does not a point make.

GingerP

Rough_Rock
I don't know whether to delight in the exchange of ideas, to devour the educational tangents, or to shake my head at the disproportionate sensitivity that Pricescope evokes.

Either way...

It's a Post-It note, people! About margarine no less!

Damn that inflammatory yellow* color!

*Disclaimer: The yellow reference bares no credence to any cultural, racial, or other potential bias. The sheer coincidence of the shared light reflection property is an observation and happenstance that is not intended to be offensive. :tongue:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
BTW - women DO do more housework. Still. Empirically. By the numbers. We can hash all day WHY - (nature or nurture), but at the end of said day, in general as the female spouse I'm doing more cleaning up after a male person.

http://news.consumerreports.org/appliances/2011/04/time-saving-appliances-that-settle-marital-disputes.html

It could be argued that that's a function of patriarchy, in and of itself, and a quality that works against women, not men, though we might mock them for it: while Davi might be offended, I can't help but think that the "Tits or GTFO!" crowd probably sees it as a benefit that women are generally tidier. Sure, the nagging's a bitch, but at the end of the day, it's like having a maid who puts out, amirite?*

*This seems to have turned into that thread, so, disclaimer: tongue planted firmly in cheek.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GingerP|1306881033|2934794 said:
I don't know whether to delight in the exchange of ideas, to devour the educational tangents, or to shake my head at the disproportionate sensitivity that Pricescope evokes.

Either way...

*Disclaimer: The yellow reference bares no credence to any cultural, racial, or other potential bias. The sheer coincidence of the shared light reflection property is an observation and happenstance that is not intended to be offensive. :tongue:

The perpetual Silly Season is surely begun indeed, when we must put disclaimers on colors. ;))

GingerP

Rough_Rock
ksinger|1306881966|2934814 said:
GingerP|1306881033|2934794 said:

The perpetual Silly Season is surely begun indeed, when we must put disclaimers on colors. ;))

What can I say?...CYA

Cover
Your
Accent
!

:bigsmile:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1306752534|2933577 said:
Like women are immune from this horrible disease of not putting things away. :roll:

So true. I hate putting clean clothes away. Which is why I just stuff them in the dresser unfolded. I don't know what I would do if I had to iron!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1306716972|2933389 said:
lbbaber|1306713724|2933357 said:
I've done the post-it route NUMEROUS times! I think the photo is GREAT! I am completely OCD when it comes to cleaning and he is a SLOB! We used to argue about this all the time, ironically its THE ONLY thing we have EVER argued about---his messiness and my uptightness. I like things to be PERFECT. He just doesnt care how the inside of the house looks (the outside he is great about).

I finally realized that he is who he is and I cant change him anymore than he can change me....so, my solution? ---I pay myself for being his maid. When he has a particularly bad week....I go shopping with his debit card--FOR ME AND ONLY ME :naughty: Sometimes I get SO angry when I am cleaning up after him (my 6yr old is better at picking up his things than he is!) but then I imagine what beautiful item I will buy (shoes, sunglasses, clothes, jewelry, electronics---you name it, I've bought it on my "maid salary") and it makes it all fun!!!

Thanks for sharing the pic. It made me, literally, LOL :lol:

And to add: he likes this solution too!! It's a win-win for us :D

:appl: this is an excellent idea!

My DH has this awful habit of balling his socks up when he tosses them into the laundry - and since I usually do the laundry I get the fun chore of untying dirty sock balls. I tried not bothering but they didn't dry properly and he just put them away half damp, which bothered me far more than it bothered him :rolleyes:

I see lots of goodies in my future!

Yssie, just wash and dry them that way. That's what I do. He complained after a while and I very sweetly told him if he cannot take his socks off in the proper manor, it's not my responsibility to pull them apart. If they don't get totally clean or dry, then..too bad so sad. If you can not take your pants off with out one leg inside out, sadly, that's how they will be returned to your drawer. I will fold them best I can. If your long sleeved shirts come to me w/one arm pulled inside out...you will find them hanging in the closet the same way. I hear him muttering now and again but no more complaining.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1306881869|2934810 said:

It could be argued that that's a function of patriarchy, in and of itself, and a quality that works against women, not men, though we might mock them for it: while Davi might be offended, I can't help but think that the "Tits or GTFO!" crowd probably sees it as a benefit that women are generally tidier. Sure, the nagging's a bitch, but at the end of the day, it's like having a maid who puts out, amirite?*

*This seems to have turned into that thread, so, disclaimer: tongue planted firmly in cheek.

SNORT.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh fun! Cleaning! Not.

A) I did not inherit my mom's cleaning-obsessed genes;
B) That still makes me 150% neater than ex-BF whom I lived with for 2.5 years;
C) Said ex did not have a problem with the fridge, but apparently he faltered and lost heart about 5 feet away from the hamper in his Epic Quest to Put Dirty Laundry Away;
D) I may have wanted to strangle him with dirty socks and slushy (Chicago winter) jeans for about 28.7354% of the time we lived together; and
E) Margarine is awful. Pure butter All. The. Way.

Cheers! Let's all be happy!

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1306881869|2934810 said:

Not always a good thing...

asmaid.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only woman who lives with a man who is cleaner than me? I mean, when we first dated and then moved in together I though it was awesome! But I slowly realized that I had NO DOMAIN! Meaning, the kitchen was his (he cleaned a lot, did dishes twice a day, was thorough), the laundry...he did all of his own, hung it, folded it, put it away, and then started doing mine and never messed up my delicates (hung them instead of throwing them in the dryer, washed things separately)...HAD I FOUND THE PERFECT MAN??? I think I have. I think I'll keep him. I've listened to my mother, for at least 30 years (I'm 34, so for as long as I can remember) bitch about taking care of my father and his laundry, making the bed, cleaning the bathrooms, the kitchen, etc...I feel great knowing that my man (and they DO exist) was raised properly and doesn't mind, in fact, BELIEVES in taking care of his household, interior-wise. It's not such a stretch, and it DOES happen. I love men!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1306918436|2935240 said:
Am I the only woman who lives with a man who is cleaner than me? I mean, when we first dated and then moved in together I though it was awesome! But I slowly realized that I had NO DOMAIN! Meaning, the kitchen was his (he cleaned a lot, did dishes twice a day, was thorough), the laundry...he did all of his own, hung it, folded it, put it away, and then started doing mine and never messed up my delicates (hung them instead of throwing them in the dryer, washed things separately)...HAD I FOUND THE PERFECT MAN??? I think I have. I think I'll keep him. I've listened to my mother, for at least 30 years (I'm 34, so for as long as I can remember) bitch about taking care of my father and his laundry, making the bed, cleaning the bathrooms, the kitchen, etc...I feel great knowing that my man (and they DO exist) was raised properly and doesn't mind, in fact, BELIEVES in taking care of his household, interior-wise. It's not such a stretch, and it DOES happen. I love men!

Men?
Plural? :-o

Actually Dear, this is a good time for us to come out of the closet.
Monarch64 and I are married.
Yes it's true. :love: :love: :love:
That wonderful man she speaks about is none other than our dear beloved Kenny. :wavey: ;-)

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
ksinger|1306788258|2933900 said:
maplefemme|1306787798|2933894 said:
swingirl|1306708948|2933305 said:
Vegetables in the vegetable bin. Cheese in the cheese drawer---everything else, in any spot it will fit. It's not like anything can get "lost". There's only about 4-5 sq feet of space to use anyway.

This made me laugh, to me, it's really what it boils down to :lol:
Now if I borrow his tools however, I put them back where I got them, I know it would irk him if I didn't. But if I found a note in the fridge it better be a love note I tell you!

Tools??? Don't even get me started on my corded drill! :angryfire: I had it in the same drawer in the house for 10 years, he shows up and BOOM! GONE! Where did it go? Burned up or lost on someone else's boat, who knows. He just looks down his nose when I bristle, and says, "Well, we've got several cordless drills." I HATE cordless. They are heavy and require batteries. If I'd wanted cordless I'd have bought CORDLESS, d*****!

The boy OWES me a corded drill.

Yes he does!!
I hate cordless drills! I built a fence around my last property and it took two weeks, after the first day rotating a pair of cordless drills because they kept dying on me, I ran out and bought a REAL drill and it was smooth sailin'....I donated the cordless beasts to Habitat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results