shape
carat
color
clarity

Every girl needs a stud! BGD recut and martini earrings.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It started with a stone I inherited. I was going to give it to a son for his girlfriend, but then they broke up. So what to do! I sent it
to Brian to see what he could do with it. Here are the before photos Brian sent me:

mail-8.jpeg

mail-7.jpeg

mail-9.jpeg

mail-10.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone was originally .50 ct. Brian sent me an estimate and thought it would end up being a .42 stone. That was very okay with
me, because once you have been spoiled by a really well cut stone, well frankly, nothing else will do. Here is her last before shot.

mail-11.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So a few weeks later, her makeover was completed. When I started this project, I told Brian and Lesley, I was in no hurry. It was
certainly true at the time, but the longer I waited the more antsy I became. If I ever start another project please remind me never
to say those words again. When Brian was finished the stone came out to .43 with a diameter of about 4.95. I held a stone with the
same diameter that was .46. Here are her after shots. The stats didn't quite come up to Brian's prediction, and I was a bit worried
that I would be able to see the difference with my eyes. Silly me.

mail-4.jpeg

mail-5.jpeg

mail-2.jpeg

mail.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So in the end Brian estimated the stone I had to be an I/J and VS2 to SI1. All I can see is some little bubble looking things in
one of the stones and I can't see them with my eyes at all. So totally eye clean. The stone I purchased is and I/VS2 which is my personal
sweet spot. Here is the photo of the ring I inherited in between my original .75 solitaire and my .20 five stone band.

IMG_0602.JPG

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now a few earring shots. These are not great but they will give you an idea. My DH thinks they are the perfect size but I think he
just wants me to be happy with them for a bit before I upgrade! :naughty: I think they are a little small. Before too long they will be
my daughters upgrade I am thinking. I bought some RSG .25 each studs for her a couple years ago. They look so pretty in her ears
that I began to want a pair for myself.

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my pretties I love to wear every day now. Before I owned this pair of studs I frequently wore a flower stud pair that
totalled 1 ctw. Here is a photo to compare. They are a little bigger than my new stud and I am not sure which I like better. They are also
ideal cut stones of I/VS2.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Brian's glamour shot. The pair totals .89 tcw.

BrianGavin_Martini1b_052011.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another amazing transformation! I think the new earrings look great on you. I like the flower ones too but for everyday, I much prefer the studs. They are a great size and he really did a great job with the recut. I'm always amazed by the after pictures.

Enjoy your new sparklies!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, they do look great! I am a real fan of Brian's recuts!!! :appl: I think you could consider the jackets BG sells if you decide to keep this pair for yourself. Then you could maximize the size whenever you wanted to! The flower ones are very pretty, too! I actually have a pendant like that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool - even though it didn't turn out like one of his signature stones it's obviously significantly improved :sun:

Enjoy your studs - they don't look too small on your ears to me at all :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much MissGotRocks, Diamondseeker and Yssie! I do like them and they are growing on me a little bit each day! I really do like a small earring but most of my earrings are a bit bigger.

I really can't tell the difference between the two stones. I am not even sure which is which. One has a little bigger crown angle' and the inclusion plot of the stone I bought could be either stone when I loupe them! They both have beautiful arrows in real life even though I couldn't capture them in a photo.

I have loved seeing everyone's studs here so I am thrilled to have my own pair. Thank you for your sweet words!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results