clarity

looking for an emerald cut tsavorite

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey you,
Has GK seen it?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
To be that scratched up I wouldn't be suprised if it was diopside either, or even a synthetic emerald of some kind. Does it have anything in the way of inclusions?

Also, as LD says tsavorite wasn't being marketed till the 1970's and has always been a fairly niche stone. It would be pretty easy to find out - stick it under a polariscope to check if it's SR (you can do this in the setting) and if the setting allows take an RI reading.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only just noticed the part about the stone not handling the wear well which might make me suspect chrome diopside. Initially, I was going to guess a synthetic of some sort if it is clean, even YAG, since tsavorite has not been around that long.

gunpla

Rough_Rock
Hi,

New to this forum and would like to gather some advice on the acquiring of Tsavorite. So far, have contacted Bruce Bridges from Tsavorite USA Inc. Does anyone here had any experience in buying the stone from him. BTW, what is medium color tone?

Thank you.

hannaht

Rough_Rock
Hi Gunpla:

I purchased a Tsavorite from Bruce Bridges late last summer. It is an absolutely gorgeous stone. I choose a medium dark, but from what I've seen, in my opinion, most seem to choose a medium. He was a delight to work with and I would certainly recommend him. Have you been to the Tsavorite USA website? Interesting reading --

gunpla

Rough_Rock
Really cool to hear that. Thank you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hannaht|1305922500|2926818 said:
Hi Gunpla:

I purchased a Tsavorite from Bruce Bridges late last summer. It is an absolutely gorgeous stone. I choose a medium dark, but from what I've seen, in my opinion, most seem to choose a medium. He was a delight to work with and I would certainly recommend him. Have you been to the Tsavorite USA website? Interesting reading --

Medium dark is the trade preference, but yes, many of us prefer medium tone. Pictures of your tsavorite would be nice (in a new thread). :naughty:

BTW, did you have to go through a vendor to buy a stone from him, or did he sell directly to you? I though he only sells to the trade.

hannaht

Rough_Rock
Hi TL:

I did purchase my Tsavorite directly from Bruce. I contacted him through his website and found him to be most accommodating and patient. He broke up a matched pair in order to provide me with the gem I was looking for. I havent posted any photos because I need to purchase a digital camera and learn how to use it. Hope to do that in the next couple of weeks -- then watch out! It sounds like several posters are happy with a Nikon 6000 so thought I'd take a look at that brand. There are some truly gorgeous photos on Pricescope and everyday I check the new posts. I've learned so very much over the last several months from all of you and really appreciate the shared knowledge and enjoy as the comraderie.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gunpla,
The tsavorite in Pandora's avatar is a medium-dark.

Hannaht,
Congratulations! I'd love to see your gem.

TL,
Did you not pose the same question to Bruce last year, and post his reply?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet|1306115254|2928047 said:
Hannaht,
Congratulations! I'm waiting for pictures.

TL,
Did you not pose the same question to Bruce last year, and post his reply?

I did Harriet, but I'm not sure if his policy has changed since then. I'm curious, as he is another vendor out there that people can take a look at.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results