shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring: Steven Kirsch / ERD Old Mine Brilliant

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock
I lurked. I researched. I lurked some more and researched some more. Finally, it was time for me to take the plunge. After purchasing the stone from Engagement Rings Direct, I went around the corner to meet with Steven Kirsch, whose work for other PSers I had seen on this website. My goal was an antique setting that would match the stone that I had purchased. I went to him with various pictures of other settings and discussed my ideas for the engagement ring, which was to be comprised of little tidbits from the different settings that I had seen. In retrospect, I am sure that my ring design sounded like some sort of setting jambalaya, but SK took mercy upon me, said that he understood and refrained from raising an eyebrow and looking at me crazily. The bottom line was that I wanted the setting to speak to her and for her to know that this piece was designed specifically for her by me. I asked Steven to make this ring his own and turn my ideas into his own masterpiece. He assured me that it would come together and just... "work".

Well, I finally picked up his creation and to be honest, it almost brought a tear to my eye. It was more stunning (to me) than I expected, and I pray that she loves it as much as I do.

I want to thank Chris (and Mark) at ERD for their patience and help in picking this stone. Also, I want to thank all of the people on this website who (1) directly commented on my posts during this process or (2) shared their stories and expertise without which I never could have achieved such a great result. It was reassuring to have you guys along for the ride. And lastly.....Steven Kirsch. The result speaks for itself.

So.......here it is:

Rocky  01.jpg

Rocky  02.jpg

Rocky  03.jpg

Rocky  04.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA!!! THat is beyond stunning! You have done such an amazing job, and that is one lucky girl that is going to be wearing that masterpiece! Congrats! :love: :love: :love:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that is GOBSMACKINGLY beautiful! Gorgeous, truly antique-styled heirloom piece you have there, what a lucky pair you are!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
That is so ornate and delicious!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring :love:

ml2

Rough_Rock
gorgeous, gorgeous!!! i love how it shows how much effort and thought and energy you put into every sparkly detail!! just beautiful, good work!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! The ring is drop dead gorgeous, I love all the details on the shank.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring! I've never seen twisted prongs like that before. Cool design.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an amazing creation! She is going to love it 110%. It's just a masterpiece!!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!

Liv69

Rough_Rock
Bless yout heart, you really went the extra mile...and then some! Your beloved will be speechless. Enjoy!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!!! What a treasure you have there!!!! Good luck with your proposal!!! :appl:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! :love:

Cachette :))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did an amazing job.... it's a beauty..

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting!!! Gorgeous stone and goregoys ring! 

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what a beauty! Your future FI is going to be knocked over when she sees it! Please come back and post handshots when you can....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and unique! I am sure she will love it! The engraving is gorgeous, I love the prong arms especially!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His work has been consistantly beautiful from everything that's been posted and your creation, is no exception. His work looks impeccable and it's giving me good reason to contact him in the near future to ask about resetting my original wedding set. Your new e-ring is stunning!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful~ great job! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: that is gorgeous!!! great job by you and by SK! She is going to love it! Congrats! :appl:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful ! She is going to love it ! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it's gorgeous! that is so special that you were able to combine elements from different rings you liked into this one stunning design! love it and please come back with handshots!

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will be sure to post other pictures, including handshots, after the proposal.

For those of you who commented on the prong design --- much of that was SK's genius.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this ring truly is special! Fantastic job!!!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS! :appl: :appl: :appl:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Those prongs are TDF...

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
how beautiful! I just love the older cuts :appl:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....PERFECTION!!!

Lori

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :love: :love: :love: I just adore the whole ring, but that engraving is just gorgeous! You did a super job...and so did Steven! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
It is so stunning! What was your inspiration? Truly heirloom quality, I am in love. Please post pics of it on her finger after the proposal...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results