shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your nail strip manicures

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Check out mine! It was my first try so they aren't perfect, but they are shiny and colorful and I love it.

flowernails.JPG

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Very summery and fun. I wish I had the motor skills to do that myself!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, you did that yourself?! It looks awesome! I was thinking about getting my toes done like that at a nail place that does "Minx Nails" but it's super expensive! Where did you get the nail strips?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1305305511|2920828 said:
I love it! Very summery and fun. I wish I had the motor skills to do that myself!

It seriously took me an hour. I was getting all bugged at how long it was taking, lol. But they're really super easy!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1305305872|2920834 said:
Whoa, you did that yourself?! It looks awesome! I was thinking about getting my toes done like that at a nail place that does "Minx Nails" but it's super expensive! Where did you get the nail strips?

I admit, I'm preening a little bit. I'm so cosmetics-challenged, but it was so easy. I got them at Walgreens, but Wal-mart and CVS has them too. $10 is cheaper than a mani!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1305305946|2920838 said:

I admit, I'm preening a little bit. I'm so cosmetics-challenged, but it was so easy. I got them at Walgreens, but Wal-mart and CVS has them too. $10 is cheaper than a mani!

Ha, nothing wrong with preening! What other kinds of patterns do they have? I want to try to do my toes!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1305306045|2920843 said:

Ha, nothing wrong with preening! What other kinds of patterns do they have? I want to try to do my toes!

They have a bunch of solids, bright colors (like pink and blue), then they have a couple sparkly ones. They have
pink camo, too!
http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
I've seen the solid color strips before, but this is the first time I've seen patterns. Very cute and you did a great job!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I Love your flower pattern. I have done it w/solid colors and "french manicure" but never with a pattern. It looks GREAT!

The first few times I did it, I struggled but now it's a BREEZE. You'll get the hang of it real quick and be able to do them in minutes.

Thanks for sharing. I think I am going out to buy a pack today :D

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
mrs jam|1305305511|2920828 said:

I bet you could do it, it looks harder than it is. The 1st few times it's a matter of getting the hang of it but once you figure it out, it's a breeze. I have awful small motor skills but it is super easy for me now!! They have all colors and french manicure as well as patterns :) Plus, they last longer, for me anyways, then when I use regular nail polish!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1305306045|2920843 said:

Aren't they cute! I'm also going to try them out on my toes! :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cute MP! i've been getting into nail decals and stickers with my DDs.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
MP those are super cute!!!

I am pretty much don't use regular nail polish on my finger nails any more since I discovered these strips (I use the Incoco brand). I love their staying power (usually 2 weeks for the patterns/solid colors and up to 3 weeks with the tips).

Here are a few of the tips I have done recently...

1294184282131.jpg

1294772957162.jpg

1301340090235.jpg

1302632995364.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks adorable! You did a great job! I'm going to tell my daughter about these, I think she'll really like them.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
And here are two of the patterns I have done:

1296497635231.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look so fun! I bet they protect your nails too! I am going to look for them!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
okay, i'd never heard of this before but now i want to get off my butt & head to the drug store to find some! too cute :D

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't normally bother with mani's or polishing my own nails (I do a lot of cooking and dish washing, so it rarely lasts more than a couple of days)...so I'm really out of the loop. I've never even heard of these things! Do they just go on top of your own nails? Do they last if your hands are in water a lot? I'm really curious to head to the drug store to check them out...they are adorable!

stci

Ideal_Rock
It's really gorgeous! I adore!

yennyfire, you have chance for long lasting if you add top coat over the strips. I suggest Sally Hansen Instant Dry (red bottle).

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
So, are these like a sticker, in that once you've set it down, it's stuck, never to be moved again? I watched a tutorial online, but I still am a little unsure of how it's made. I'd be so nervous that I'd ruin it trying to put it in the right place, or get it stuck to my finger. (Can you tell I'm totally clumsy?)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
so cool! when they wear off, does it chip like nail polish, or do chunks peel off?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
They are a bit sticky on one side, but until you press them down hard, you can easily move them. They don't stick to skin, or rather, not very well because of your skin oils.

I've only had mine on a day, but I'm thinking they will thin at the edges like regular nail polish, then peel off unless you use a top coat.

posh, I looooove your tips! I may have to try those next :love:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monkey Pie. I may have to try some. I will be back to post my results.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have a black lace pattern and a leopard print pattern set waiting for me, but my nails are mad at me so I haven't broken them out yet. I adore those sparkly leopard ones! What brand is that poshpepper? Incoco? Where do you get them? I like that leopard print better than the Sally Hansen ones I have (in my drawer unused).

The flowery ones are super cute too!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
poshpepper|1305324302|2921122 said:

I am pretty much don't use regular nail polish on my finger nails any more since I discovered these strips (I use the Incoco brand). I love their staying power (usually 2 weeks for the patterns/solid colors and up to 3 weeks with the tips).

WHERE DO YOU BUY INCOCO???????????

They no longer sell it at our walgreens, and my mom and I have been desperate to find it again. I never paint my nails, either....just incoco tips. I even used it for my wedding, looks a million times better than paint or airbrush.

I don't have a picture, but I recently used the houndstooth and it was so cute! MP- I love the flowers for spring!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1305333527|2921291 said:
so cool! when they wear off, does it chip like nail polish, or do chunks peel off?
They don't chip, more or less start to wear down. They also can peel if you don't press hard enough. Also, if you don't use all of the strips, they will dry out and not be usable again. I like to "set" mine with a hair dryer on a low setting. The warm air helps make them stick better.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1305403173|2921886 said:
poshpepper|1305324302|2921122 said:

WHERE DO YOU BUY INCOCO???????????

They no longer sell it at our walgreens, and my mom and I have been desperate to find it again. I never paint my nails, either....just incoco tips. I even used it for my wedding, looks a million times better than paint or airbrush.

I don't have a picture, but I recently used the houndstooth and it was so cute! MP- I love the flowers for spring!

Since they stopped selling them at Wallgreens I started ordering them online from Incoco at shop.Incoco.com
You do have to pay shipping, but I figure they still come out cheaper than getting manis. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results