shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your dream trip?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I realized I DO have a dream trip! It's going somewhere, anywhere BY MYSELF. OH, how I MISS solo travel. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. But I dream of this...just going somewhere, and meandering on my own time and agenda. I love my husband and want to travel with him too, but solo travel is where this gal's heart will also be.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305134233|2918682 said:
OK, I realized I DO have a dream trip! It's going somewhere, anywhere BY MYSELF. OH, how I MISS solo travel. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. But I dream of this...just going somewhere, and meandering on my own time and agenda. I love my husband and want to travel with him too, but solo travel is where this gal's heart will also be.

hahaha Me too! DH would never go for that, though...me off laying on the beach while he slaves to two little hobbits who require 1st, 2nd, and 3rd dinner. lol Oh, I did go to CA with from gals but it wasn't the same and I wasn't able to drive the rental car. My "wildest" activities included: Jennifer Garner movie and ordering beer from room service! Sigh.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1305123660|2918461 said:
I'm lucky in that I've already taken my dream vacation - we went to Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora for two weeks on our honeymoon. The overwater bungalows were all that I had hoped for and more.

My second dream trip is Italy and I'm crossing my fingers we get to spend a month in Italy this summer.

Kama, try not to go in August. Businesses close down for a month and everone goes on holiday so everything is shut. I worked for a massive company with 9,000 employees and we all went on holiday for the 4 weeks at the same time so it's not just small businesses.

May, June or September are the best months, July is a bit too hot on the whole.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1305137353|2918771 said:
kama_s|1305123660|2918461 said:
I'm lucky in that I've already taken my dream vacation - we went to Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora for two weeks on our honeymoon. The overwater bungalows were all that I had hoped for and more.

My second dream trip is Italy and I'm crossing my fingers we get to spend a month in Italy this summer.

Kama, try not to go in August. Businesses close down for a month and everone goes on holiday so everything is shut. I worked for a massive company with 9,000 employees and we all went on holiday for the 4 weeks at the same time so it's not just small businesses.

May, June or September are the best months, July is a bit too hot on the whole.

I know ;( I've heard everything shuts down in August, but unfortunately, it may be the only opportunity when we can get an entire month off. I'm trying for mid August - mid September, but it looks unlikely. I was trying to figure out whether going in August > not going at all - what do you think?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Kama, a month in Italy sounds wonderful.

I love all of these trip ideas! It's helping tide me over until I'm off to NZ.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1305138275|2918787 said:
Kama, a month in Italy sounds wonderful.

I love all of these trip ideas! It's helping tide me over until I'm off to NZ.

The perks of being jobless! I am done at my current job in August, so if I don't find anything (or find something where I can begin in Sept), we will go to Italy. So it's kinda weird almost hoping that I don't find a subsequent job soon. Irony at its best!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The best trip that I've taken so far was my trip to Venice: I'd love to be able to do it again, but with a little bit more money. My secret wish is to celebrate my 40th, maybe my 45th birthday in Venice, having rented a palazzo for friends and loved ones to stay in: we'd have cocktails in Harry's Bar, and travel exclusively by gondola, and I'd bask in all its tawdry beauty and culture, both high and low.

In terms of places I haven't been? I've heard glorious things about Lake Como ....

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My friend is in Italy right now. She said they were sneered at so much that they claimed Canadian citizenship. Then the locals smiled and was instantly nice to them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results