shape
carat
color
clarity

Shark vs Bissell vs Broom and Mop

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
We just moved into a new home in March that has miles and miles of tile. unfortunately 2/3 of it is white and needs to be constantly cleaned to look decent. The white tile will probably be gone by the end of the year, and replaced by solid wood flooring. In the mean time the sweeping and mopping is killing me.

Is there a better option?

I have been looking into the Shark vac then steam and the bissell steam and sweep. They are comparable in price, but the Bissell claims to vacuum and steam clean at the same time. Has anyone tried either? Both? Any advice or personal experience would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
we have the shark steam mop and LOVE it....LOVE LOVE LOVE it! (and DH loves it so much he actually likes to mop!) The steam is nice and powerful and the pads are great!

We sweep if the floor looks dirty, swiffer if it is dusty, and mop.

Most of the time we just mop.

I cannot say enough good things about the shark steam mop!!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have the Eureka Enviro Steamer and it's fantastic. I know you didn't ask about that one but I figured I'd throw that out there! :cheeky: It's pretty inexpensive and I like that it just uses water and no chemicals. We have wood floors in the kitchen now so we don't use it as much, but it worked great on the white tile in our old kitchen.

I personally like to vacuum the floors rather than sweep. I think it's quicker and easier and gets more dirt up. I have a Miele canister vacuum and it's relatively quiet and works really well. Vacuuming is the one chore I actually like doing because the vacuum is so easy to use!

ETA I would vacuum and then my husband would do the steam mop in the kitchen. I have 3 cats so I really always have to vacuum before my husband does the mopping.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1304119018|2908277 said:
We have the Eureka Enviro Steamer and it's fantastic. I know you didn't ask about that one but I figured I'd throw that out there! :cheeky: It's pretty inexpensive and I like that it just uses water and no chemicals. We have wood floors in the kitchen now so we don't use it as much, but it worked great on the white tile in our old kitchen.

I personally like to vacuum the floors rather than sweep. I think it's quicker and easier and gets more dirt up. I have a Miele canister vacuum and it's relatively quiet and works really well. Vacuuming is the one chore I actually like doing because the vacuum is so easy to use!

ETA I would vacuum and then my husband would do the steam mop in the kitchen. I have 3 cats so I really always have to vacuum before my husband does the mopping.

We have the envirosteamer too - from what I have read the steam that comes out of the Shark is not hot enough to sanitize so I prefer the hotter Eureka model. Like Thing, I vacuum the floors first and then steam mop. Love how clean it leaves everything.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other than tile in the bathrooms, we have wood floors throughout the house. We sweep frequently and use our Shark steamer (water, no chemicals) less often. Super easy and doesn't take much time.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone,

Looking more at the Bissell since it vaccuums and steams at the same time, I will also look into the Eureka since everyone seems to like it. Are any of these cordless?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I have the hoover floor mate. I really like it. It's not steam, but it has rotating brushes that actually scrub your floor. It is slightly annoying that you have to use the vacuum feature first and then go over it again in cleaning mode, but it works really well so it's fine. It also has a dry mode that squeegees and sucks up all the water.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1304441717|2911250 said:
I have the hoover floor mate. I really like it. It's not steam, but it has rotating brushes that actually scrub your floor. It is slightly annoying that you have to use the vacuum feature first and then go over it again in cleaning mode, but it works really well so it's fine. It also has a dry mode that squeegees and sucks up all the water.

I was just going to suggest this also. I LOVE my floormate!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
sba771|1304449571|2911380 said:
amc80|1304441717|2911250 said:

I was just going to suggest this also. I LOVE my floormate!!

My only complaint about it is it's not great on tile because it cant quite reach the grout. Which, of course, is the only hard surface I have. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results