shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to buy diamond ring, earring, bracelet, necklace. Help?

ipoel7

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I need to buy a set of diamond jewelries for my engagement which will be a gift from my parents to me. I need to get a diamond ring, earring, bracelet, necklace. I'm quite familiar on how to research on the diamond ring since I've been reading about it here , but I'm at a loss on how to find diamond earrings, bracelet, necklace? Where do I start? Do I buy them online? Do I meet with a jeweler to work with them? Can they create pieces that I like or do I buy it ready made?

Thank you!!

ipoel7

Rough_Rock
Re: Need to buy diamond ring, earring, bracelet, necklace. H

would appreciate any feedback if i'm in the wrong forum? or where you guys look at nice diamond earring/bracelet/necklace??
thanks!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Price range? Preferences?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

what exactly are you looking for? studs? hoops? tennis bracelet? bangle bracelet? etc...also what is your budget for this project? all of the usual PS vendors are popular for diamond earrings and other diamond jewelry also.

ipoel7

Rough_Rock

my budget will be $100K for the whole set. I'm not sure what I want yet since I don't really know where to start researching on these pieces? I would love to have some diamond bangles. Not sure about the earring/necklace, something elegant and timeless? haha let me know where I should start researching on what to get? Do I just work with a vendor and see their inventory? Do I go to Tiffany's and the likes and try to recreate similar products?

Thanks!

ipoel7

Rough_Rock

I'm attaching what I want on the diamond cuffs.. I guess it's not bangle.. where do I start trying to see the different styles of diamond earring/necklace out there? Are there specific jewelers you would recommend me to check out?

Thanks!

cuff-dia-bracelet2.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock

well you can certainly get a lot with your budget. maybe start with the ring, and then try to determine your budget for the other pieces? that bracelet is lovely :love: what kind of necklace do you want? pendant? tennis necklace? stud earrings are always classic but you could get drop earrings, hoop earrings...maybe start browsing and see what appeals to you? artofplatinum.com also has some beautiful pieces

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

Hi ipoel7

If you want a matching set, you might try looking at various collections sold by fine jewellery houses.

I thought the Kwiat star collection was pretty http://www.kwiat.com/Jewelry/Kwiat-Star/1, and they have other collections too. I'm not sure about pricing, but I think they could run for 10-15k per piece which should fit in your budget nicely.

The brocade collection has a nice cuff http://www.kwiat.com/Jewelry/Brocade/1

If you wanted to have a custom designed set, I'm sure any of the fine PS vendors would also be happy to have your business.

How involved do you want to be in the project? Do you want to hand select your stones and design it yourself, or choose ready- made jewellery for a specific look?

Your parents are so kind to give you such a lovely present!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock

Wow! what wonderful and generous parents you have! :D

100k IS a lot to work with, but can depend on what size/quality diamond you might want for your ring. I mean, if you wanted a 8 carat diamond, you would have a lot less to spend for your other pieces than if you got a 2-3 carat ring, you know?

personally if i had 100k, i'd go custom design with one of the PS vendors or other jewelry designers in your vicinity. I only have experience working with one platinumsmith so he's the only one I can recommend at this point. he custom made my e-ring, and he was really a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him if you want custom work (my ring: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...arat-h-a-rb-from-philip-press-t154667-30.html). but then again, I loove the idea of one-of-a-kind, unique pieces of jewelry, and that's definitely a personal taste. you may have a specific style you want to pursue that might require a specific technique, or may decide to go with something very classic: like diamond tennis necklace and bracelets & studs that I think is absolutely timeless :)

either way , i think you have lots of fun shopping!!! :D:D and make sure to share the details with us!!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock

WOW! I have no suggestions or ideas, but I am looking forward to seeing what you pick :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock

well...actually :razz: i wanna share some of the *future* settings I'm eyeing for a diamond (or ..not) rings!

omg also, i'm sooo eye-ing that french-cut diamonds for side stones that Angietaren & Wintotty has for their e-ring. :love: :love:
..maybe for a wedding ring....*droooooooool*

246.jpg

206.jpg

philip_press_91.jpg

diva rose

Shiny_Rock

SweetieTooth|1296200003|2835505 said:
....*droooooooool*

That ring is gorgeous!! DRooooool!! :love:

How about Brain Gavin?
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/

They have lots of items in their gallery and you can contact them for design ideas.

ipoel7

Rough_Rock

thanks for all the inputs! I'll be browsing all this tonight... I only have 1 month or 1.5 month to get these items so I think I can't have them custom made right?

I'll most likely decide on the ring last.. My fiance gave me a 1.9ct cushion E-ring so I don't really want to get a bigger ring than that in case it makes my e-ring looks small :) u know what i mean.. hahaha.. so I'm undecided on that end.. maybe i'll just get a round diamond ring..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you don't want to overshadow your Ering in size what about coloured diamonds? We have a few PSers with fabulous fancy coloured diamond collections - they are stunning, discreet, and absolutely decadent.

Kennys: latest here, one of many older threads here
FCD thread in SMTB here

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it is an excellent idea to go to Tiffany's just to decide on classic, elegant designs. With $100,000 and only a month, I might actually buy some of it there if I fell in love with a piece. Otherwise, I would say to call Mr. Leon Mege and see if he could help you meet your timeline. I think something like a three stone diamond ring would be nice for your right hand and the vendors here could help you with that. There are also beautiful classic diamond pendants that you could have made as well as studs.

This would sort of be a dream for most of us! Please post back with what you choose!

Take a look at this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-perry-chen-thank-you-once-again.151761/

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade

ipoel7|1296177049|2835227 said:
Hi All,

I need to buy a set of diamond jewelries for my engagement which will be a gift from my parents to me. I need to get a diamond ring, earring, bracelet, necklace. I'm quite familiar on how to research on the diamond ring since I've been reading about it here , but I'm at a loss on how to find diamond earrings, bracelet, necklace? Where do I start? Do I buy them online? Do I meet with a jeweler to work with them? Can they create pieces that I like or do I buy it ready made?

Thank you!!

Hello ipoel7 :wavey:

You can do all of the things that you have asked. However, before you begin, I would try to have a vision or a theme first. Is this something that you're going to wear on your wedding day? If it is, for example, the style dress you choose will help guide you on the type of necklace you could wear. Your hairstyle, up or down, will guide you on the earrings and so forth. So I would stop and think a little about these things and then....let the games begin!!!!!! :loopy:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1296253374|2836067 said:
I think it is an excellent idea to go to Tiffany's just to decide on classic, elegant designs. With $100,000 and only a month, I might actually buy some of it there if I fell in love with a piece. Otherwise, I would say to call Mr. Leon Mege and see if he could help you meet your timeline. I think something like a three stone diamond ring would be nice for your right hand and the vendors here could help you with that. There are also beautiful classic diamond pendants that you could have made as well as studs.

This would sort of be a dream for most of us! Please post back with what you choose!

Take a look at this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-perry-chen-thank-you-once-again.151761/

only SORT OF a dream????

also you could consider getting studs and drop or halo jackets to go with them so you could have the studs for every day. just a thought!

KandisKnows

Rough_Rock

I'm with SweetieTooth on this one. I own a custom necklace made by Philip Press and it is fabulously gorgeous. Honey, when I put it on a feel like a million bucks, although I sure didn't pay it. Philip helped me to design it and it only took about two weeks. I needed it for a wedding I was going to and wanted it to look a little like a Cartier, but with Philip's special twist of special details like milgrain (sp?) and pave. It turned out way better than I had ever dreamed. Anyhow, you've got to talk to Philip! Enjoy designing your own piece because it will mean so much more to you having unique jewelry!!!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock

Considering the cuff that you like I would go with a riviera necklace like http://www.doverjewelry.com/catalog/necklaces_n_pendants/estate_2300cts_riviera_diamond_gold_necklace.html but in a white metal. It is a classic that suits nearly everything, it looks good with a white shirt and jeans and with a ballgown. It also fits really well with the cuff you like. There are so many different types of rivieras (for ideas you can look at tennis braclets) and in different sizes.

If you like more antique looking things I would look into Van Craeynest.

Start browsing different sites to get an idea of what you want tex pearlman could be a good start since they show several different designers also look thru the show me the bling forum to get ideas for the different designers that are out there.

ipoel7

Rough_Rock

Just want to revisit this thread to see if you guys have seen any nice set of earring, bracelet or necklace, please send it my way? I have been browsing Tiffany, Graff Diamond, Cartier etc... I haven't found a lot that I like....

I'm thinking of concentrating on a bigger rock and not a smaller stylish diamonds, and here's one I like for now and I'm thinking of going bigger in carat size (will likely ask my jeweler to create it), I think I'm going to go with rounds

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01925&mcat=148210&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+7-c+287465-r+101323351+101424823-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

I'm also axing the diamond ring to and will just get earring, bracelet and necklace.

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think that is a beautiful and classic pendant! It is something I would like myself! The one change I would make to that pendant, though, is to have the center diamond fill up the entire halo. I don't really like seeing the empty space (airline). Maytal Hannah does a great job making pieces like that should you be open to other jewelers to make your pieces.

http://maytalhannah.com/

In January you said you only had a few weeks, did your timeline change?

ipoel7

Rough_Rock

Thanks on the reply! Let me take a look at the site you referred me, if you have anymore please send it my way. Yes my timeline changed. I had thought I needed the jewelry before my engagement party in March and then found out that I don't need it by then, I would just need it for my wedding in September 2011. So I have 4 months plus to do it..

slg47

Ideal_Rock

if you are not finding ideas online then maybe talk to a custom designer? DS recommended maytal hannah, you could also check out victor canera and steven kirsch who have made some beautiful pieces for PSers recently.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi,

Hopefully this hasn't been addressed a bunch of times as I don't have time to read the responses, but out of curiosity, which pieces do you see as daily-wear ones? Will you wear the bracelet daily or maybe just once a month? My thought would be to put the majority of $ into the items you will wear often. Most of us wouldn't wear all the stuff you have listed together on a daily basis, so if you think you'd wear the pendant daily (but say no the bracelet), why not put more into that and possibly scale down the bracelet to say a smaller-ct weight bracelet?

Just an idea...even with $100K as a budget, with the amount of stuff you're planning to have made, the money will go quickly if you buy high ct weight of everything! :) lol

Have fun!

ipoel7

Rough_Rock

Thanks all again for the reply. On going with a jeweler to custom make the pieces, I like the Timeless Luxury look. but is there a premium price attached to going to a well known custom jeweler? I'm also based in Los Angeles so I can't visit this store in NY. I'd love to not pay too high a premium in going to a well known custom jeweler and instead concentrate on the diamonds..

I don't know if I wear any of them daily :( I'll probably more likely to wear the earring or bracelet once a month for some special event... As a background too.. I have two wedding receptions.. one in US , laid back , regular number of guests, and then another one in my home country, gigantic guests, more formal/elegant and these jewelries are really for the second wedding . Thus not sure if i can wear them daily.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

ipoel7|1304046201|2907682 said:
Thanks all again for the reply. On going with a jeweler to custom make the pieces, I like the Timeless Luxury look. but is there a premium price attached to going to a well known custom jeweler? I'm also based in Los Angeles so I can't visit this store in NY. I'd love to not pay too high a premium in going to a well known custom jeweler and instead concentrate on the diamonds..

I don't know if I wear any of them daily :( I'll probably more likely to wear the earring or bracelet once a month for some special event... As a background too.. I have two wedding receptions.. one in US , laid back , regular number of guests, and then another one in my home country, gigantic guests, more formal/elegant and these jewelries are really for the second wedding . Thus not sure if i can wear them daily.

How about getting two or three slim tennis bracelets? You can wear one for more informal occasions and then wear the set for fancy events.

Check out www.whiteflash.com for ideas. They have nice bracelets in a variety of styles and they're higher quaility diamonds without the premium of Tiffany. (I recommend them b/c I've worked with them twice - the only PS vendor I've worked with :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Steven Kirsch is not more expensive than any other excellent jeweler. You can get Tiffany quality (or probably far better) for less money. But I will say that Maytal is in your area which might really be nice. I think she can probably make almost anything. She has worked for Tiffany and Beaudry. But there is nothing wrong with working long distance, either, as many of us have done it!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1304093300|2908004 said:

Steven Kirsch is not more expensive than any other excellent jeweler. You can get Tiffany quality (or probably far better) for less money. But I will say that Maytal is in your area which might really be nice. I think she can probably make almost anything. She has worked for Tiffany and Beaudry. But there is nothing wrong with working long distance, either, as many of us have done it!

oh if Maytal is local that would be a great option. I just wanted to say that you can get quotes from several jewelers without actually committing to them, which is nice! that would give you some idea of what you could get at each place.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a fun gift and very generous as well! Have you considered looking at some high end estate pieces? Especially for earrings/bracelets/necklace some of the pieces you just can't buy that quality anymore! Here are a few places I'd check out (even just for inspiration for custom pieces).

http://www.langantiques.com/

http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/

http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/home

http://www.doverjewelry.com/

Also I know ebay isn't the greatest place but for high end estate items you usually have better luck. They are normally designer pieces with appraisals and paperwork on most pieces and that's another good way to get more bang for you buck!

Just to give you a few ideas (and I didn't do much searching bc I wasn't sure your taste) here are a few I've found on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/37-300-6-17CT-ANTIQUE-EUROPEAN-CUT-DIAMOND-BRACELET-VS-/150548372814?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item230d61dd4e

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-DIAMOND-BRACELET-FILIGREE-ESTATE-VINTAGE-7-86CT-/160537603523?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item2560c96dc3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-DECO-PENDANT-NECKLACE-DIAMOND-PLATINUM-EURO-CUT-/350458376149?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item5198f26fd5

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-ANTIQUE-ART-DECO-PLATINUM-DIAMOND-EARRINGS-/350364367665?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item519357fb31

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-3-20ct-EURO-DIAMOND-PLATINUM-LONG-EARRINGS-/150561640336?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item230e2c4f90

And if you're feeling really bling bling 30 carat necklace is nice too!
http://www.rubylane.com/item/514555-rl-474/30-Carat-Diamond-Necklace-Offers

This is very unique and beautiful as well!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-1930S-MARQUISE-DIAMOND-PLAT-NECKLACE-/120717026313?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item1c1b4ba409

And just a couple of more. Man I would love to have your shopping budget! You're going to have jewels fit for a queen! :love:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-EDWARDIAN-18K-GOLD-13-35ctw-DIAMONDS-NECKLACE-/330557658019?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item4cf6c593a3

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-CARATS-DIAMOND-PLATINUM-TENNIS-RIVIERA-17-NECKLACE-/150462767244?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item230847a08c

This one could be worn more than just once a month IMO I'd sport his baby with jeans!

http://cgi.ebay.com/18ct-White-Gold-Deco-Diamond-3-1-4ct-Pendant-Necklace-/380328737361?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_VintageFineJewellery_CA&hash=item588d5bfa51

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results