shape
carat
color
clarity

What length when buying long strand of pearls?

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
I'm curious about the long strands of pearls. I like that it offers versatility in different ways to wear.
But what length offers which ways to wear?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a 48 inch strand and it offers a lot of versatility. You can wear it long with a knot, double it and wear them the same length, or with one shorter and the other longer, and also tripled, which looks nice. I am not a big fan of how it feels triples, but I don't like anything "hugging" my neck.

Well, think about the ways you would layer it...

would you wear it wrapped in 3 x 16" lengths? or a 16, 18, 19?

I would get some string and kind of drape it to the length you like and then order that size.

I have done that more than once :)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bean|1303333006|2901169 said:
Well, think about the ways you would layer it...

would you wear it wrapped in 3 x 16" lengths? or a 16, 18, 19?

I would get some string and kind of drape it to the length you like and then order that size.

I have done that more than once :)

An excellent idea.

+1

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade
54" is a very popular length for ropes as well - if you're going with a custom piece maybe consider adding some mystery clasps to really up the versatility factor.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
PearlsOfJoy|1303863921|2905787 said:
54" is a very popular length for ropes as well - if you're going with a custom piece maybe consider adding some mystery clasps to really up the versatility factor.

Hi pearlsofjoy,
what do you mean by mystery clasps?
sounds fun!
is this expensive?

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Mystery_Clasp.jpg

Here is a picture of a mystery clasp from Stuller.com - any pearl dealer will have access to them, they aren't cheap per se but not over the top expensive ($50-$80).

If you strategically place a few throughout the necklace you can break the necklace down into smaller strands, bracelets etc. and still piece it together for one long rope. Really it gives you the ability to turn one necklace into many different pieces, so you get a great bang for your buck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results