shape
carat
color
clarity

Feel the warmth! Leon Mege calibrated French cuts + AVC!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Yes, that's mine!
I asked about milgraining and he didn't seem warm to that idea. I guess because of the vintage-y factor. I trusted him, I just told him lots of things I liked and let him "drive". Jeez I sure LOVE your's though!!! :love:
I'll start a thread in a few. . . .

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
oh it is just gorgeous!

definitely heirloom quality

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Love Street,

This is by far the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life. If I didn't just upgrade my engagement ring I would do something like this without hesitation. I simply think this ring is everything.....style & beauty~ I can't stop looking!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the detailed response, Love Street! I definitely thought your ring looked solid (yet refined) but I was curious to hear your perspective since you can only tell so much from an image. I'm still thoroughly enjoying your pictures, btw!

I posted a couple of pictures of my ring in the colored stones forum but haven't actually started a thread on it yet. It's a 9mm cushion mint tourmaline from Gene at Precision Gem, and I had it set in August. It has bezel set bullet diamonds on either side. I'm not familiar with "points", but they're approx. 2 mm x 4mm. I am delighted with this ring!

Imported Photos 00004.JPG

Imported Photos 00091.JPG

Imported Photos 00080.JPG

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Ringabling - thanks- I LOVE your ring and so glad you started a thread for it!!

Rosetta - thank you! I appreciate that, coming from someone with such a great collection as yourself!

Kimber - thanks! I totally love your amazing emerald though (it needs its own SMTB thread with lots of pix too!) And along with your eternity, such a classic set.

Baby Nurse - Wow I LOVE that huge tourmaline!! The color is amazing, especially set off by those bullets - totally gorgeous!! Thank you for posting pix. Did you find Leon easy to work with? He definitely has an eye for proportion. And I was surprised I got on with him fine during this project - I would go back to him.

I followed up with him re total carat weight of the French cuts: 1.44 cts total.

OK just a few more pix because my new hobby is to play with my ring and the point-and-shoot...

traffic distraction.jpg

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Love Street: I was excited to see you had posted something...I had a feeling it involved more pics! I can't stop looking at your ring. It really is gorgeous! I can't wait to have my own "traffic distraction!" :lol:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Tannet - LOL! Thank you! Yeah - it's a distraction of every sort right now. And ever since I read a PSers post talking about spotlighting and saying something to the effect of "Have you tried putting your hand up to your rear view mirror while driving at light and catching it in the headlights behind you..." which totally looks like those GOG spotlighting videos and can be very distracting! Luckily (I suppose) I'm usually going quite slowly on my commute...

Just a few more. My father in law handpaints miniature figures, so I've included a couple of goofy shots too.

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on ten years together! Your ring is so very beautiful!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That is the most beautiful ring I have seen on here in a long, long time.

I think I'm in love! :love: :love: :love:

Please keep the pictures coming!

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Love Street,

Was having a blah day and went back to look at your amazing ring. I have to say that it helped me get a "pick up"!
I am obsessed and think that I will have to add a french cut to my collection somehow. I have had 2 emerald cuts so
far (my original e-ring and my recent upgrade) but I cannot get yours off my mind. I may start looking for a cushion cut..............

Now that put me in a great mood! Hope you are loving that ring!

I wish one of my daughters would get engaged soon so I could get it out of my system that way!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring!! Love the vintage look and sparkly-ness. Gorgeous!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Lula - thanks so much! I'm sorry I didn't see your comment earlier!

Trekkie - ditto! I will have to get some new pictures when I get time this summer - I need more flower pix :)

Kimber - your comment totally brightened my blah day - thank you!! I still swoon over your set and am dreaming of a bigger eternity band to wear on the other hand - but I want to try my current set for a full year so I can see how it feels in different seasons. Right now, my new ring is fine on the right but I worry it might be snug in the summer, so I'm thinking of ways I can switch things around. Do I need a big band for my RHR for times when I switch the Leon to my left hand... :naughty: Or just a bunch of stackers of different ring sizes so I can mix it up between left and right... hmmm.

nfowife - thanks so much for your comments!

I have definitely been enjoying the ring - although I'm still not totally used to wearing it and, unlike my previous smaller e-ring, I don't wear it 24/7 because I'm so much more conscious of it (and its size, and not wanting to damage it). Plus it's still a big distraction when I'm trying to study... :saint: :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photos, beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
woooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous! The low color frenchies are a perfect pairing...
I'm curious about LMs idea to yellow gold cup an M color stone and how that would look..I wonder if anyone has done that and what the end result looks like?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so beautiful, even down to the delicate millegrain.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!! I now have a new pricescope favorite! I hear about how difficult LM can be to work with, but when you see what the man can do, being difficult just seems so trivial! I'm so excited for you. I don't know how you can take your eyes off that delicious ring, I know I'm having trouble! :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Enjoy it, its gorgeous!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing ring! Wow.

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
I know this thread is older but thank you, Love Street, for the amazing pictures of your beautiful ring! I'm trying to decide on a setting, and going over your photos and responses is incredibly helpful. If you're still here, can I ask if you're still liking the combination of warm stones and platinum? I'm sending my stone off to Leon tomorrow and a french cut setting like yours (and wintotty's and art nouveau's) is one of the possibilities. My stone is K/L, and the platinum is the thing that I'm getting hung up on. If you have any thoughts on this that you can share, I would appreciate it.

And again, BEAUTIFUL stone and ring!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Wow I just came back after a few month hiatus and am just tickled to see these nice comments!

TL, Skippy, Tacori E-Ring - aww thank you! :)

Maplefemme - thanks! I agree the yellow gold cup was an intriguing idea. There are some earrings with a yellow gold cup on his site, but they have yellow diamonds. I'm not sure how it would look with an M colored stone.

pregcurious - thank you - I'm hoping I can make the milgrain last a while, though I've read here it can wear over the years.

Christina - lol thanks - I agree I had reservations at first about working with LM, but it really was all trivial in the end - I LOVE this ring and a year later I still totally love it and admire it :love: I'm even considering going back to him for our a 10 year wedding anniversary band.. =)

fridays_child - Thank you! I'm so glad I'm back on PS at the time you happened to bump this thread. I am SO happy I went with the French cuts - I really think they highlight the stone without taking away from it, and they're just a little different.

To answer your question about platinum and warmer stones: I love it and wouldn't change anything. In most lights, the M (and K sidestones) just looks slightly creamy, like vintage lace or something, and the platinum is the perfect compliment. The only time I really notice the warmth "clashing" with anything is when I put this ring next to my eternity band of little G rounds, which look whitish/grey but bright next to the "softer" look of the big ring - but that's the diamonds, not the platinum (I think I have a pic on this thread). So if you are planning to wear a diamond band next to it, that might be my only consideration with the warmer rocks.

If you like white metals, I wouldn't be hung up on the platinum with your gorgeous K/L OEC at ALL! (Loooove your stone btw!) In fact, if I do get an anniversary band from LM (or VC...) I would try to get a warm, K-ish French cut band in platinum - even though I wouldn't wear them on the same hands. So I'd definitely do the plat/warm stone combo again and honestly never even gave it a second thought after our initial conversation.

Keep us posted - I LOVE seeing more French cuts on here - they are so beautiful!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
The prongs, the basket, the french cuts...stunning!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Love Street|1331274002|3144814 said:
Wow I just came back after a few month hiatus and am just tickled to see these nice comments!

fridays_child - Thank you! I'm so glad I'm back on PS at the time you happened to bump this thread. I am SO happy I went with the French cuts - I really think they highlight the stone without taking away from it, and they're just a little different.

To answer your question about platinum and warmer stones: I love it and wouldn't change anything. In most lights, the M (and K sidestones) just looks slightly creamy, like vintage lace or something, and the platinum is the perfect compliment. The only time I really notice the warmth "clashing" with anything is when I put this ring next to my eternity band of little G rounds, which look whitish/grey but bright next to the "softer" look of the big ring - but that's the diamonds, not the platinum (I think I have a pic on this thread). So if you are planning to wear a diamond band next to it, that might be my only consideration with the warmer rocks.

If you like white metals, I wouldn't be hung up on the platinum with your gorgeous K/L OEC at ALL! (Loooove your stone btw!) In fact, if I do get an anniversary band from LM (or VC...) I would try to get a warm, K-ish French cut band in platinum - even though I wouldn't wear them on the same hands. So I'd definitely do the plat/warm stone combo again and honestly never even gave it a second thought after our initial conversation.

Keep us posted - I LOVE seeing more French cuts on here - they are so beautiful!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your thoughts and your endorsement of platinum with warm stones definitely puts me at ease. I'm so glad to hear that you still love your ring, it's truly special.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your funny commentary and perfect photos around here Love Street :) Thanks again!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
This is stunning! My dream ring!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring!!!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
CaratLover2 and Luvsdmb - thanks so much! I am still loving it and it is so much more "me" than my first e-ring (round with pear sidestones). I have been wearing it on my right hand as I planned, I really like it there.

neuronerd16

Rough_Rock
OMGosh.. that is a gorgeous ring! I never knew french cut could be so pretty. I love how it is modern looking yet classic... beautiful!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is an old thread, but somehow I never saw your ring, Love Street. It is spectacular in every way! A true work of art!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1357889941|3352834 said:
I know this is an old thread, but somehow I never saw your ring, Love Street. It is spectacular in every way! A true work of art!
ditto, it is a work of art!! :love: :love: :love:

spike13

Shiny_Rock
Wow - stunning! Absolutely stunning!

Just for reference, how thick is the band at the back? Usually Leon's work is so delicate. I am just blown away by the balance of femininity yet sturdiness. It looks like it will last many lifetimes.

Amazing!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results