shape
carat
color
clarity

Radio star slammed for feeding baby whilst walking....

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
fiery|1303340810|2901309 said:
I don't think Sparkly was jumped on. There are sites where she would have been eaten alive for that ignorant comment but PS is civil to a fault sometimes.

Seeing breast feeding as disgusting and sexual is an ignorant and well, disgusting attitude. There's nothing unnatural about a mom breast feeding and frankly it's that ridiculous opinion that makes a lot of mothers feel guilty which is sad.

And comparing it to pooping? You lost me on that one.

ETA: I didn't get from Sparkly's comment that she finds natural things disgusting. She says breasts are SEXUAL and for that reason having a baby suckle on them is disgusting.

Exactly. That's not even an opinion, but flat out incorrect. Breasts are for feeding. That is all.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1303266300|2900645 said:
Concerning my breastfeeding in public comment - I always have, and always will, see breasts as sexual. Not once have I had the desire to have a child and the entire idea of a woman carrying, pushing through her vaginal opening, and then letting a small human suckle her breast is beyond my comprehension. I see it as weird and disgusting and something I've never desired. I can't explain myself to many of the upset mom's out there who believe firmly in breastfeeding in public and often see the subject as "agreeing to disagree"

You can find things weird, disgusting, and undesirable to yourself while at the same time recognizing the fact that pregnancy, childbirth, and lactation are the only way for our species, and a multitude of others, to survive. I don't take issue with the way that you *feel* about breast-feeding, but I do expect people to engage in rational discourse.

I personally find straw wrappers really gross, especially when they get wet, but I recognize that this is my weird issue and would never ever announce my opinion like it a) makes sense or b) should make others change the way they use straw wrappers.

Breasts as sexual . . . you don't see a lot of animals on Animal Planet grabbing each others' udders or breasts during "the act." Humans seem to be the only species that sees breasts as sexual, and even that varies culturally. On the other hand, every single mammal lactates. I feel like you must not really have any idea what you mean by the word "natural"; your comments just don't make any sense. Do you have any idea why you would feel so strongly on this subject?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I didn't COMPARE breastfeeding to pooping. I'm so sick of repeating this now. I stated that they are equally natural. Whether or not people pay to eat in public, poop on the street, or throw sh!t at each other is beside the point. It's natural. People don't like it. Just cause it's natural doesn't make it wonderful to everybody. Now, maybe I need to get back on the Zoloft, but I can't take no more of this thread now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: why would anyone feed a baby while walking across the street-- when my kid was hungry, if i didn't feed him IMMEDIATELY as in 5 seconds ago, he'd have a screaming meltdown as an infant. they don't understand 'wait a second' and i didn't want to have him wailing up a storm if i could just stick a bottle (or boob) in his mouth. as long as the kid isn't going to go flying into traffic, who cares if this gal was walking anywhere.

i also think it's ridiculous that people get flak for BF'ing in public. and that this story even got printed. people need more to do.

and as for breasts being only sexual-- my husband used to think the same way but since having our kid, has garnered a whole new appreciation for what they were actually made for. before formula etc...those were all babies had to survive from infancy.

people are way too interested in what other people are doing with their kids nowadays. just the fact that people feel like they can walk up to another person and give their two cents on how they are holding/raising/talking to/acting with their child is ridiculous.

(eta...i see i am way late to the discussion, lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results