shape
carat
color
clarity

bathroom update

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I managed to erase my first post, but here goes. Inspired by packrat's post, I'm posting our recent bathroom remodel. We didn't care about changing the footprint, but hated the way the tile cracked (moved) under our feet and the fact it was so close to black/white made every speck of dirt show. Also although a pedestal sink is more consistent with the age of the house, I craved more bath storage.

Before:

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After:
The floor is changed to strand woven "honey" engineered bamboo floor.
the vanity is a pegasus cottage cabinet, a Kohler Pennington sink, a Grohe faucet and silestone countertop (urban cream). Though this vanity could handle an additional sink we wanted more countertop over an additional sink hence the choice (I used to put my jewelry box in that spot. I'll either do that or a bunch of plants, can't decide).

We were able to find the older style flush mount light we already had so we put 2 more and put 3 in a row. We'll put another mirror in the blank space but can't decide on getting something that will blend in, or one with a more unusual frame.

The color scheme is SW shagreen for the walls and "creamy" for the trim.

Normally I'm a little more ecletic but wanted something that felt like a retreat.
I did read that green is bad for the bathroom, but it is a color that really relaxes me. So far it hasn't bothered me.

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Looks wonderful! I love the zen feeling/color choices!

This may come off wrong...but your old bathroom reminds me of the bathroom we had in my old college house :errrr: :-o we picked. This house partially bc we thought the bathroom was cute...but it got old quickly. Love what you've done with the bathroom!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks so beautiful and tranquil! :appl: :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! :appl: I love that green! Dig the new shower curtain too! You guys did a great job PG!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks you guys, you are the first to give us feedback since I just put up the shower curtain this morning!
No problem Charbie! Maybe I was influenced by all the old houses I lived in in college. When we first did the bath we did want a retro look and we did like it - for awhile. But after we redid the kitchen and the bedroom to not be strictly traditional, I felt free to change the style when we updated it.

To explain much of our house is furnished in hand me downs, everything from furniture to quilts and paintings on the wall. Throughout the house most walls have at least 1 painting if not more. I think my husband is actually comforted by being surrounded by clutter but I have a lower threshold. I joke that I want my bedroom and bathroom to look like a hotel room, but I'm only partly kidding. It's my break from the visual stimulation.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have ideas/suggestions for the mirror: make it the same as medicine cabinet mirror (plain rectangle with beveled edge) or something more distinctive? I don't have the dimensions on me so these are estimates.
If the mirror were to but up again the other mirror it would be 40" by 20?". Or if serve as separate mirror, can be less wide but more deep(tall) (30-something ?x 26?), which is what I'm leaning towards.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Looks nice, good job! ::)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It looks great, Part Gypsy!! I'm a huge fan of green and am glad you are loving it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love what you've done partgypsy, it looks great! It really does have a very tranquil feel to it, and I for one love the green. Very nice job! :appl:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know ... I like both the before & after! The after does look a lot warmer & cleaner & fresher though! More *workable* too! Nice job!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!

Deco thanks about the before comment!
The "before" was done on an "extreme" budget and tight timeline, we picked the tile, paint, etc in 1 visit.
The painted vanity next to the sink we originally got for $45 and repainted it with a couple glass knobs handles, The bathtub is original to the house. Hard to tell, but in the before situation, we had lace curtains and lace shower curtain for a cottage feel.

I have to admit I am really loving the new bathroom and the new flooring. It really does feel like a retreat and the extra storage and counter space make me feel spoiled.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results