shape
carat
color
clarity

CApe Cod Family Vacations

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thinking ahead a bit here, but would like to take a summer vacation (let's say 5 days or so) to Cape Cod. This would be from the NJ/NYC area and with a 2.5 year old. I've been to Martha's Vineyard many times - and am considering this as it's family/kid friendly and like the idea of biking around,etc.

Any other suggestions or perphaps another town to tag on to MV? Doesn't have to be as packed as MV but not too far (like Nantucket). We enjoy good seafood, leisure, and beach time.

Oh and is end of June too risky (weatherwise?). Thanks!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Janine, we went to Ocean's Edge a few years back and it was perfect. DH and I went alone but we saw lots of kids there.

As far as weather, I'm not sure - we went in September. The weather was gorgeous but definitely not beach weather.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Around here we consider the Vineyard and the Cape to be two different places all together. Hyannis, Barstable, Sandwich, Provincetown, really, you can't go wrong with any place on the Cape. Just be aware that PTown is sometimes a bit crazy, but still very family friendly.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We go to the Cape and Islands often in the summer because they're all so dog-friendly, but we only take day trips, so I'm trying to think of good vacation recommendations.

I've heard wonderful things about Chatham. There are lots of B&Bs there, plus you could easily take a day trip to Provincetown, a day trip to MV or Nantucket and even a day trip up to Plymouth. Really any of the towns on the Cape would allow you to do that, though. I've just heard that Chatham is the most quaint, family-friendly town on the Cape and much less congested than Provincetown.

I really like Martha's Vineyard--it's easy to hit all of the town (plus South Beach) in a day, but my favorite town is Edgartown. I like it because it's away from the ferry ports at Vineyard Haven and Oak Bluffs and it's close to South Beach, which is my favorite beach on the Cape or Islands.

Nantucket is always nice, too. Both MV and Nantucket have bike trails all around the island, which is great. I like 'sconset, which is a popular town on Nantucket.

Late June is a great time to go. The water will likely be more chilly (though when is it not?), but it should be less congested than July and August. Have fun!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I actually just got back today from a long weekend at the Cape! We stayed in Barnstable but spent our time in Hyannis and Yarmouth. Definitely family friendly and lots of stuff to do, see, and eat!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results