shape
carat
color
clarity

Spent a Lovely afternoon at Kojima Pearls

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to be in the Bay area during my sons Easter break so I called Sarah to see if I could drop by. What a lovely afternoon I had!!! Boy does she have many beautiful pearls. I was lucky to get my dream pearl pendant, a multi colored rope that Sarah will knott for me and add a clasp and 3 Kamoka blue body pearls to add to another multi colored strand I have. Besides being thrilled speachless with my new drop pendant she had just gotten in a hand woven nylon thread necklace with a large silver drop that my 17 year old son decided he wanted. You can see one like what he got here: http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/rainbow-pistachio-tahitian-pearl-wish-necklace I have been trying to get him to wear a pearl for years. He has been with me many times to choose my pearls so I was suprised but delighted with his choice.

I got to play in a gallon bag of Kamoka Tahitian pearls and carefully sorted Kasumi pearls all of which were beautiiful. I would have come home with more if my budget had allowed. I did see many of the necklaces that are on the website and even though they are beautiful on the website they are even better in person. She had a fireball like necklace of pond slime pearls that were TDF. One thing she did mention was that she never had enough time to add things to the website and keep up with her private commissions.
so call or email if you do not see what you want. She did take pictures for me to share. That is why they look so good.

Lovely afternoon and TDF new pearls I think I am a lucky girl. Thank you Sarah!!!

rope multi colored strand and white south sea.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is wonderful strand and lovely pendant! :love:

I have been looking at those rainbow ropes for a while, they are beautiful and a great price for the length. Once they're knotted, they'll probably be around 35 inches, which is perfect for doubling.

I envy you and your day at Kojima. I would LOVE to play around in a big bag of pearls! What a great time you must have had, 4Ranch! You are a lucky lady! I think it's great that your son chose a pearl, those necklaces are truly unisex.

I think Sarah is very nice and very professional. I understand she is running a 10% discount on her pearls, this from her newsletter;

" In support of our amazing farmers and the tradition they work so hard to maintain... will be offering a 10% discount on all Japan Kasumi pearls and in turn we will be donating 10% of all of those sales of Japan Kasumi pearls back to the farmers to help them in their efforts to recover their water tank and damaged farms... and to ensure that they can continue to produce these pearls that have become so loved as symbols of natural brilliance grown with the spirit of small and careful production. (the discount code may also be used on items that do not contain Japan Kasumi pearls.. and for those sales, I will donate 5% to the farmers of Lake Kasumi)"

For the code, everyone will need to email Sarah, since we can't post codes here. It's good through June 12, 2011.

Thanks for a great post, 4Ranch, I enjoyed it! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice choice for your son!

see my comments re your choices in the other thread.

oakland is only about 1.5-2 hours away from here....i see a visit there in my future.....sooner rather than later.

MoZo

:love: :love: Gorgeous~

Do you think those are from the long tahitian rope she used to have?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Bean they were one of the endless strands she had. She just pulled a bunch out and looked for the brightest and diverse colors for me. I think she still has many more than what is on her web site.

MoZo you must make a trip to see Sarah you would have a lot of fun playing with her pearls. I sure did!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick trip back to look at the lovelies. :love:

@Bean, Sarah has a strand of the tahitians under her loose strands section. They have great colors.

@4Ranch; I am deeply envious of that pendant! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results