shape
carat
color
clarity

Organic/Natural beauty products?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I am currently purging our house of toxic products and tonight realized that my make up was probably one of the worst offenders! Starting researching and of course found a slew of information how bad it is. :o So, has anyone tried organic or more natural make up and nail polishes? Any good brand recommendations?

Also, a friend highly recommended Toms of Maine toothpaste and deodorant. I do worry about the chemical in deodorant that is tied (allegedly?) to breast cancer. Any other recommendations besides Tom's?

Thank you! :wavey:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I've tried Tom's deodorant, I've realllly tried. But my pits just won't hold up. By about 2pm I'm sweaty and smelly. I actually don't mind the sweat, but stinky just doesn't fly.

Any others have deodorant suggestions??

As for other organic products, we use Burt's Bees face washes and lip balms and love them. We also use EO hand soaps.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
It's not alleged. Deodorant has aluminum-- aluminum is tied to WAY too many issues in the human (including Alzheimer's, but I won't get into that, or chemtrails heh). Anti-persperant works well. The natural crystal ones are really cool. Toms of Maine is a great company, but they've recently started adding fluoride to their toothpaste, just get the fluoride-free :) I haven't tried their deodorant, but aluminum-free is the way to be!

Cleaning products: Castile soap is AMAZING for EVERYTHING. Seriously, everything. From floors to fruit to bubble bath.

Body: grapefruit seed oil and almond oil are GREAT moisturizers for an after-shower application. No clogged pores and baby soft skin.
Black soap is a great natural product which is good for body and hair usage-- the liquid form for hair did me wonders, but now I use Loreal's sulfate free line-- really nice btw.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
weleda for deodorant and other things......

MoZo

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1302842428|2896673 said:
It's not alleged. Deodorant has aluminum-- aluminum is tied to WAY too many issues in the human (including Alzheimer's, but I won't get into that, or chemtrails heh). Anti-persperant works well. The natural crystal ones are really cool. Toms of Maine is a great company, but they've recently started adding fluoride to their toothpaste, just get the fluoride-free :) I haven't tried their deodorant, but aluminum-free is the way to be!

Cleaning products: Castile soap is AMAZING for EVERYTHING. Seriously, everything. From floors to fruit to bubble bath.

Body: grapefruit seed oil and almond oil are GREAT moisturizers for an after-shower application. No clogged pores and baby soft skin.
Black soap is a great natural product which is good for body and hair usage-- the liquid form for hair did me wonders, but now I use Loreal's sulfate free line-- really nice btw.

Wakingdreams- Every time we go to the dentist they ask if we're using toothpaste with flouride. What's so bad about it?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Feb03Bride|1302888513|2896996 said:
wakingdreams53|1302842428|2896673 said:

Wakingdreams- Every time we go to the dentist they ask if we're using toothpaste with flouride. What's so bad about it?

From what I recall learning Fluoride is an positive ion. When ingested through the membrane of your mouth (say, by brushing your teeth) such it remains and continuously draws metal into your system. Also, since its a proven poison, so even if the former is false, I'd personally avoid any intake. There's been a lot of research into it-- but also, a ridiculous amount of "research" into disproving everything to keep everyone dumb and happy.
My ongoing theory, with the Pharmaceutical lobby being more powerful than, err, almost everyone, they need people to be sick. The more poison they add to the publics water supply, the more necessity there is for their drugs. Why doesn't the FDA approve of any preventative herbs? Why has health become a business?

Asked about what surprised him most about humanity the Dalai Lama said, “Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love the brand Suki Color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results