shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1302609430|2893948 said:
Ethan seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, because Mamma is EXHAUSTED!!! He must be soaking up all of my energy, and letting it loose at, oh, I don't know, 2:00 AM!! I swear it's like he's leading a marching band or playing the drums in there all night long! He's a wild man! :bigsmile:
See! He just is active and burning off all the baby fat :) sorry he's not letting you sleep, but glad he seems a-ok.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Puffy!!!! Congrats!!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Tao, congrats! Violet is beautiful and I love that photo of her with Evan.

Puffy, congratulations to you as well on the safe arrival of Alyssa! Beautiful name!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Tao-Violet is gorgeous! Congrats!

Puffy--Wow! That sounds like a fast labor! Congrats and can't wait to see the pics!

Dreamer--Good luck on the GD testing! That's good news on the lack of heartburn...I'm probably setting myself up for some serious heartburn here shortly since I'm having some spicy Thai food.

Charbie--I was never a breakfast eater but since getting pregnant and having really bad MS I started eating it regularly. Eventually I just got used to it and now I am famished if I don't eat breakfast. That's wonderful that you are focusing on bettering your diet, for you and the baby!

Modern--glad the babes made the turn!

RT--I love meatloaf!

Tuckins--glad the shower was fun!

Mrs.--I'm glad the sleep training (I guess that's what I would call it) is working and Sage is getting the hang of it. It sounds like its a good learning tool, maybe we will have to implement it when Lorelei is older.

Blen--glad to hear you are ok!

Skippy--you look great and the quilt is beautiful. Returning to Target wasn't very hard but the item has to be on your registry. Just add it on there and put in that it was purchased (sneaky, I know...) and they will give you store credit for what the current sale price is.

AFM----ugh..well, I have been having some pretty intense pelvic pain and pressure for days. On Sunday, around 4pm I started contracting non-stop. They became regular, about 8-6 minutes apart, some were so strong that it would send shooting pains down my legs. DH and I talked about if it was real labor or what but since they hadn't gotten down to 5 minutes apart we decided to wait it out. Finally I fell asleep but continued to have the contractions. In the morning I woke up to the same contractions, DH headed off to work and I called in and WFH. I finally call the dr. around 10:30am yesterday but didn't get a call back until noon at which time they told me to go to triage. I called DH and told him that this might be it. Once DH got home we went to the hospital---I won't lie, I was super excited. Unfortunately, our little Lorelei had other plans. Apparently after all the contractions and the pain, I wasn't dilated any further than I had been. No water breakage, nada. In fact, they think Lorelei moved further up. So, after a few hours without progress, we were sent home. I hate being the girl that cried wolf. I also felt like I really disappointed our friends and family who were all so anxious. I was pretty upset, I cried when we got home cause I do/did feel like I wasted everyone's time. Even now I am still having painful contractions and I'm sure still not progressing. Who knows when she is going to come out....maybe she'll even pass her due date. In any case, I have been really upset, everyone keeps coming up to me and wanting to talk about it, I would rather if we all pretend it didn't happen. Silly right? In any case I was hoping she would be here on my birthday, which is on the 14th but I don't think that's going to happen. She might be in there for the long haul. I feel like the false alarm really dashed my hopes. I know eventually she's got to come out but still....you know what I mean? Also, I just hurt from all the cramping and the contracting. I guess it's all part of the process. A very long process. I am also very impatient so I guess that doesn't help :bigsmile: I just hope that the next time it's for real, I told DH that I don't want to go to the hospital again unless my water is broken or a head is sticking out... I don't think he likes that idea. :lol:

I hope everyone is doing well! Maybe there will be another baby boom I can join next week?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, just popping in to ask a favor. If any of you have used Clomid...would you mind to stop over in the TTC thread and let us know your experience with it. Like what brought you to use it, side effects, and whether it worked for you. My RE would like me to start using it next cycle but I am worried about it and doing a ton of research. Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your super sweet compliments on the quilt and belly bump/diaper cake pic; you are the best DREAMER, LV, RT, DC, BLEN, MRS, PUFFY, CHARBIE, CUPCAKE and others I may have missed :halo:

LV ~~ thank you!!! Hugs to you and your precious daughter!!! :halo:

RT ~~ Target says I can return for a year up to $75 worth of stuff without a receipt. If I return stuff w/out a receipt on the registry that has been fullfilled then I can return up to $200 and I get a gift card. Babiesrus says if it is on the registry they give me store credit. thanks! Your mom sounds like a sweetie!! :halo:

DC ~~ sorry about the fibroids; glad you are feeling better though. Oh fingers crossed you find a place to rent, bummer on no. 1. I am glad you had a nice time with your brother, how fun!!! lol about the ninja babies. :D

TAO ~~ I bet you are over the moon w/Violet; she is so precious!!! beautiful children! :love:

BLEN ~~ thanks! I have been thinking about you and hoping all is well and no more contractions. How are you doing today? :halo:

MRS ~~ thanks! Oh I am glad your lo and you are sleeping better. It is so tough not getting sleep; my heart goes out to you when that happens. I am sure I will be in that position soon, without sleep. fingers crossed you and your lo continue the good sleep trend! I am glad you had a nice meal w/your friend w/out kids!! :D

TUCKINS ~ thanks! glad your shower was wonderful!!! :D It is fun to see family and friends and the goodies are a bonus! hehe

BASIL ~~ thanks!! awesome your lo is head down and going to town kicking!! :D How fun to be getting your stroller!

KAY~~ hey preggo twin, woot to 30 weeks soon!!! :D It flew by!!! How is the remodeling??

PUFFY ~~ aw, thank you friend!!! I am so glad you had a great birth!!! Can't wait to see your beautiful baby!!! I am so happy for you!! :D

CHARBIE ~~ thanks for your sweet words. I just use a curling iron; I think 1 inch. My hair is pretty thick but now that I am preggo it thickened even more, which is crazy. It hasn't grown a ton but the volume has increased which I think is a little weird. Oh my gosh, you are preggo superwoman w/the volleyball and golf. :D I only walk. Glad you are going to eat breakfast; the light headedness does creep up on a person and it is kind of scary. Yay for baby kicks!!!

DREAMER ~~ good luck on your glucose screen!!! ouch RL is no fun; hope you feel better soon. Wow, almost 25 weeks; that is awesome!!! :D

CDinNYC ~~ how are you doing momma?

CUPCAKE ~~ oh my gosh you will go soon!!! Don't worry about what others think; our L&D nurse had 3 kids and she had a false labor at during the 3rd, it happens. thanks for your sweet words!!! I can't wait to read your birth story sooooon!! hehe :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ I am going to have week U/S's. Today was my weekly U/S, the boys are doing well. The person doing my ultrasound is an L&D nurse for the other hospital and does u/s's part time. She was fabulous; I love L&D nurses, they are full of amazing information and she was so nice!!! I hope I see her every time! haha :bigsmile:

Okay here is the scoop on the Target Registry. I went to Target today and you get a gift card when you have your gift receipt to return an item. If the item you are returning is on your registry and you don't have a receipt, then you can return up to $200 worth of stuff and you get a gift card in exchange. Then if you return stuff Not on your registry they give you up to $75 without a receipt. I hope I am telling you all the right info but that is what they told me at guest services today; I tried to look it up online but don't see that info. HTH's or correct me if I am saying this wrong.

Hope everyone is having a Fabulous week!!! :D

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to share that at my appointment today my blood pressure was 100/70! My mom celebrated by going to bru and getting the crib set we wanted!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! Sorry to drop in and post and then never check back in :oops: Life got in the way as my DH is active duty and has been gone for a little bit- leaving me home alone with the baby and morning sickness....oh the joy!

Anyhow feel free to ask me any questions, as literally I just did this last summer. I had a horrible pregancy with my son. Threw up everyday from 6 weeks till the day I had him at 37 weeks. I started having contractions at 22 weeks which hurt (not braxton hicks) and pretty felt like death most of the time. However, I had a fantastic labor. My water broke at 11am and by the time I got to the hospital at 11:40am I was already at 9.5cm. It hurt like nothing I have ever felt before. The doctor said I could have my son if I wanted to start pushing within half an hour. Yeah....I totally said no and requested the epi- my tolerance for pain has a low thresh hold. Anyhow I got the epi thank goodness and had my son about 90 minutes later. It was a great experience and made up for the 7.5 months of vomiting. This pregancy seems completely different though. I have been sick a lot less and though I'm tired I'm up and about for the most part. I hope this doesn't mean I'm now going to have some insanly long labor as a result.

So thanks again for the welcome! I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy pregancy. And congrats to those who just had their little ones! I can't wait for more pictures!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
PUFFY!!! Congratulations on the quick and easy delivery of baby Alyssa!!! Can't wait to see photos!!!!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Well, congratulations to Puffy and Tao!

Tao - what a beautiful girl! Love the picture of her and Evan. I can't wait to see more photos!

Puffy - congratulations! Sounds like your labor was so easy!

Sarah - no worries! I go through days when I contribute more and less. Sorry your last pregnancy was so difficult, but glad that you are feeling better this time around. I don't think it has anything to do with your labor, so you might get lucky again!

RT - yeay for the great BP! Are the docs still worried at all?

Skippy - thanks for checking out the Target registry. I'm glad your shower went well. You look so cute in your pictures and I love that quilt. You're like the dictionary definition of the glowing pregnant woman :bigsmile:

Cupcake - it sounds like you are so close! I wouldn't worry about the false labor...It happens to a lot of people.

Tuckins - so funny about Ethan moving all night long. I feel my LO most in the early mornings...like at 5 am when I really want to go back to sleep for my last 45 min :angryfire:

DD - sorry about the pelvic pain, but lucky you that your heartburn is gone! Mine continues every hour, every day pretty much even with Zantac/Tums :rolleyes: Hope your GD test went well!

Charbie - What they need is to make scrubs in sizes/shapes appropriate for women's bodies (grumble grumble about feminism and scrub sizes)! Yeah, be careful on keeping on eating and such. I never really get a lunch break, but I buy single serving packs of cheese, hummus, pretzels, crackers, or baggies of grapes or berries and snack on those throughout the day. I didn't have to do that pre-preggo, but now it really helps!

Modern - Your post brought back such memories for me! When I was a 4th year med student, I did my 1 week of OB night float the week that Hurricane Katrina happened...I remember being so tired and watching the TV in the lobby to see what was going on and it being very surreal. But glad to hear that you're off nights and back on a normal schedule. So jealous of your access to the ultrasound machine though. Have fun shopping for strollers!

Mrs - glad to hear Sage is on a better sleep schedule! How fun to be able to organize the nursery.

Blenheim - scary about the BH, glad it was nothing! I have to admit I think I wouldn't even have any idea if I were having those...

DC - I don't even want to get started on what an idiot our realtor is...he was "referred" by DH's mom who is a part time realtor for the same company out in his hometown. But she doesn't know him or anyone here so she just picked him because they are the same nationality :rolleyes: We were supposed to get the referral fee back which is part of the commission, but she told him (without asking us if we were happy with him or not) that she was waiving it. So now we get nothing and have had to put up with him. We're taking it as a lesson to NEVER do that again and find our own agent. Hopefully, it will all be a moot point in the end, but extra hassle for sure. I hope you found a house to rent and can start getting excited about the move! Yeay for your job being so accomodating!

Anyway, the two big exciting things for the week: 1) we sold our condo! and 2) we bought a stroller! I don't know which is more exciting ;)) We're just crossing our fingers for the inspection to come through ok, and then on to planning for our new house.

I ended up buying the Bumbleride Indie - I found a 2010 on sale for $350 on Land of Nod in spice (orange) which I would have chosen anyway, so I bought it. I figured with the savings, I could splurge on the bassinet (a.k.a. carrycot). So for less than the price of a 2011, I ended up getting both pieces. And it comes with a rain cover, foot muff and carseat adapter too, so it's pretty full featured. I was trying to decide between it and BOB but I can't really see us running with it, since we don't run outside now. So the deal on the Bumbleride ends up a lot cheaper if you include all the accessories which don't come with the BOB. Plus it is a little smaller and lighter. So this will be our one and only stroller for the beginning...I think eventually we'll need an umbrella stroller but I'm going to wait on that and hope to use our Ergo carrier for situations where the Bumbleride is too big.

And cause I'm a dork, a few photos - regular stroller mode and with the carrycot attachment. And a very cute but sort of unhappy model ;))
photo-2.jpg
photo-1_1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
BASIL ~~ OMG, how cute is your dog in the stroller!?!?!?! I LOVE that picture. hehe :love: :appl: :love: :appl: Yay for an awesome deal, Score!!!! I love that color too and stroller too!!! Yay for selling your condo too; congrats, fantastic news!!! :D I am so happy for You!! thanks for your super sweet words!!!

RT ~~ great news!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ Not too much going on here, I did post a thread in Show me the Bling for fun. :bigsmile: Hope everyone has a Wonderful rest of the week!!! :wavey:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Miscka, congratulations! :appl: It sounds like you had a very positive L&D experience, at least until the post-birth complications. I’m glad to hear Harlan rebounded well. He is beautiful!

Puffy, congratulations and welcome, Miss Alyssa! :appl: :wavey: That was quite a stealth L&D -- I want one like that! I can’t wait to see picture of your LO.

Luvinlife, I love your maternity pictures – so sweet!

Mrs, JMHO, but I don’t think I would do a VBAC. My totally non-professional rationale for this is that I would not want to put my body through the trauma/damage of both types of birth. If I had had a C the 1st time, I would figure I already had the scar, so why add the vag/pelvic damage of a vag birth. Because I did vag the 1st time, I hope too again – what the heck, I already have to cross my legs when I cough or sneeze – rather than add the C issues. With the 2nd child, we will go to CIO earlier – we will have to or we won’t survive. After 2.5 years with DD, we don’t have the same type of energy reserves necessary to coddle a newborn. (We were crazy enough to take turns holding DD through the night for the first 2 months of her life because she cried whenever she was put down to sleep – what were we thinking?!) We are still having sleep issues with DD – she keeps showing up at the side of our bed in the middle of the night. The lack of sleep is really getting to me. I need to pull out HSHHC again – the sleep rules sound interesting.

CBS, congrats on your boy! :appl:

January, welcome to the thread! :wavey: First grandchildren are so much fun for the family.

Skippy, hello to my preggo twin (with twins, no less). :wavey: DD’s bedding consisted of an ivory organic cotton jersey crib sheet – that’s it. We did some decorating in the room, but not on the bed. If you want a crib skirt/ruffle, they are super easy to make if you have any sewing skills. I have made them several times for a queen size bed (w/o a pattern), but never got around to doing it for DD’s crib. Your nursery is coming together nicely. Glad to hear you had a great shower. I love the quilt you received. You look great.

Dreamer, cute belly shot! I also am finding that my belly is getting bigger faster this time around. The nurse at me OB’s office says it’s because the skin is already stretched out, so it just pops out faster (and lower) the second time. I felt way bigger in the second trimester this time, but now that I am at 30 weeks, the difference in size seems less – I think the growth rate of my belly is slowing, so maybe I will be about the same size at the end as I was last time? I have been having heartburn problems the past few weeks too. I keep trying to drink more water, but it is not helping.

DCG, congrats on selling your condo! :appl: Glad to hear the pain is better and you will be able to work from Florida. I hope your DH finds a job in FL quickly.

Charbie, that is so funny your DH is having crazy baby dreams too. Cute pics! I have a hard time remembering to eat some days, too, but it is important. I keep a variety of granola and other breakfast bars in my desk.

Blen, you have a cute little belly – just starting to show. Isn’t it awesome when people are so polite because you are pregnant? (Too bad it doesn’t happen all the time.) OMG, my friend’s little boy says “fire_uck” too. ;)) Sorry the BH were bad enough to send you to the ER.

Janine, it may be too late for this response to be useful for you, but we skipped the NT scan and went straight for the amnio with both pregnancies. I knew that no matter what the NT results were, I would want the certainty of the amnio results. Because I was 35 when pregnant with my 1st, our insurance covered the amnio without requiring any other reason. If the results had revealed certain conditions, we would have terminated.

Cupcake-muffin, cute belly and I love the bunny hat! I am sorry you had a disappointing false alarm like that. Your time will come very soon.

Basil, I really like the name Hayden. How did your test go? I also looked chubby and poorly dressed, rather than obviously preggo, until 24 weeks with my 1st and 22 weeks this time. (I actually didn’t want to tell people until after 20 weeks, so it worked out well. Once I switch to empire waist tops, I instantly looked far more pregnant (and busty).) Congrats on selling your condo! :appl: Cute stroller and model.

Sarah, congrats on your 2nd! :appl: You are brave to try 2U2. I had horrible MS and a long labor with the 1st. This time, I had very little nausea, and my Dr. assures me the 2nd labor should be faster.

RT, that is great news they don’t have to induce early! :appl: Glad to hear your mom is there to take care of you. Yay for the good BP reading and the new crib set! :appl:

Modern, I love your DH’s theory that it is a sign of intelligence your daughter chooses not to be upside down early in pregnancy.

Tuckins, I hope your LO starts putting on more weight soon. OTOH, small baby = easy delivery. ;)) Glad to hear you had a great shower. LOL re your wild man at 2am.

IHA, congrats on your boy! :appl:

I apologize if I missed anyone.

AFM, I had my regular Dr. appointment last week and everything is normal. At 29 weeks, I was up a total of 14 pounds, so I am happy with that, although I do not know if I can stay under 20 with 10 weeks to go. (I am only concerned because I was already overweight for me when I got pregnant.) I am having lots of annoying aches and pains in too many places to mention. I have a massage scheduled for Friday, so I am really looking forward to that.

After 3 months of tinkering and drawing out different layout options, I finally have designed a kitchen cabinet and appliance layout I like. I gave it to my cabinet guy last week so he can do 3-D renderings on his computer and give me a quote, but he is on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Then we have to get the architect to update his initial drawings with what we actually want, so we can give the drawings to contractors and get bids. Between the drawing, bidding and permitting processes, there is no way we can break ground in less than 2 months. We are going to go through the bidding process so we can pick a contractor (and know the price), but I think we will wait until a few weeks after she is born to start the reno. Since we can’t finish before she is born, it seems silly to start 2 weeks before the EDD and have no guest rooms for grandparents to come visit and help us those first few weeks. I hope to start construction some time in July and finish before year end. I am not going to make my minimum billable hours at work this year because of mat leave, so I would rather deal with the remodel this year than next year when I need to bust my butt at work.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to say CONGRATS PUFFY!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I don't have enough energy to write a proper post, but am just popping in for a minute. I did go back to work yesterday and tried to mostly take it easy, and today I stepped it up to normal activity, and I've had a few BH each day, but far between and in no real pattern, which I think is normal for this point in pregnancy. I am relieved that it seems to be nothing.

Basil - One thing that was kind of cool is that the ultrasound tech caught 2 or 3 BH during the ultrasound and showed me what they look like. They can tell because the placenta goes from looking blob-like to looking like a bell curve when the uterus contracts. Evidently they see it quite frequently, and much of the time the women don't even realize it's going on. So if you don't know what BH feel like, it sounds like that is normal! I am sure you'll figure it out eventually. I feel a little tight and crampy (but not in a painful way) when they're going on, and if I touch my stomach, my uterus feels like a HARD ball under the skin. I can normally feel its outline, but it only has that hard ball feeling during a BH. Later on, when the baby is bigger, sometimes they will shift positions and take up a lot of room in a certain part of the uterus and it will feel kind of tight there, but it doesn't feel tight all over when they do that.

Congrats on the stroller and the house! It seems like everyone who has that stroller loves it, and you got a good deal!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Just an update- I went to the doc today and my cervix is dilated to 1cm, and I was having some mild contractions. (I'm 34 weeks) I went to the hospital and got IV fluids and the contractions stopped. I am now on bedrest, possibly for the rest of the pregnancy... It sucks because I just keep getting fetter and fatter!!! :errrr: Oh well, soon enough it will be over and i'll have a while new mess of problems :cheeky:

Cupcake- sorry about your false alarm! I hope little Lorelei comes soon!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Tuckins....sorry about the bedrest :(
Basil: what a great strolller dealer, and adorable passenger!
Kay: it'll be a pain, but you are going to have such a rockin kitchen! I would love to see the before and after...I love home renovation pictures/shows/etc!

Ill catch up later since im having typing issues with my phone (grrrrrr) but I am totally feeling the baby movin and shakin now! Yay! No, im not as creeped out as I thought id be. I love it :love: :love:
The babes also hit its growth spurt, causing momma to have a growth spurt. Hoy bejeeeezus this belly is undeniable. Today is a bumpalicious day. Ill post a pic later.
And our new home has framing! I canot believe the progress they made this week! DH and I went into the basement (its a walkout, so just walked into the backyard) and I did a happy dance...I actually got to stand IN MY HOUSE! Yay!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins, sending some baby baking vibes your way. I was dilated 2.5 cm at 35 weeks (and contracting all day every day) and made it to almost 39 weeks. I hope early dilation means nothing more than a quick easy labor for you!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies,

Well, its been quite the baby boom around here! Congrats to Tao and Puffy on their arrivals!

Tao - Ahh, Violet is just adorable! I love the pose, hehe. And I can definitely see some of Evan in her. That was quite a lucky break with your doc letting you deliver on Friday instead of Monday. Sorry for the scares with the dropping heart rate, but it seems like she took it all pretty well. Congrats on a relatively short labor and a lovely little lady!

Blen - Sorry for the continued BH but hopefully it gives you a good excuse to just take it easy lady. Thanks for the rental house vibes. I think we may have come to an agreement on one, so fingers crossed!

Mrs - Thanks for moving tips. DH and I have always packed stuff, but I have a feeling this is going to be much easier now :bigsmile: Congrats on implementing the sleep strategy with DD. I really hope that it works in the long-term. That's also cool that you have all that stuff for you coming DS. I really like the concept of your little brother too. Keeps it very relatable for your DD.

Tuckins - How nice that your shower went well. LOL on the baby's stuff. My LO already has quite the wardrobe and I fear it will only get worse, :cheeky: . I am sorry for the early labor progression, but hopefully the little one will continue to bake away in there. Bummer on the bedrest, but hopefully you can get your DH to cater to you a bit :naughty:

Modern - Ohh, I'm jealous that you can keep taking peeks at the little one. I bet she is too cute in there :halo: Sorry for the mixed up sleep schedule, but at least you got to help out with some deliveries. As for the stroller, we are going with the Brtiax B-Ready too. My DH really liked the way it "drove" and it really is pretty easy to fold up, etc. The baby car seat is also one of the best on the market, so that helps. Btw, if you were looking to get in on the buy a stroller, get a car seat free deal, they have changed the promo so that the deal is only good till the end of the month (instead of June 30), so make sure you get it before the end of April so you can save yourself $250 bucks!

Puffy - Wow, what a seriously quick labor! Congrats on your new arrival, Alyssa and please post some pics when you get a chance!

Charbie - Thanks for the house happy thoughts. As for the packing, it sounds pretty simple, but I'm sure as we get closer to moving, I will likely forget to take out stuff like jewelry, etc, so please remind me :rolleyes: We are super exicted to be moving closer to family and I am also super thrilled that my family will be able to be there for the birth without having to spend big $$ flying to us. Good for you for still being active. Between work and all this other stuff, I am lucky if I get home before sunset, let alone in time to get a workout in. I do try to take walks on the weekend though, so the baby can at least have a little exercise. I would say, especially as you continue into the second and third trimester and your little peanut keeps growing, make sure to keep something in your tummy b/c the LO is probably stealing all your food, hehe. I also try to keep at least a granola bar or something in my bag, for those times when I am too busy to eat properly.

Dreamer - How did the GD test go? Hopefully all was well. As for the ligament pain, I will get it when I get up after sleeping or sometimes after sitting for a while, but it's not unmanagable right now (knock on wood). I have heard you mention you had some really bad back issues last pregnancy and I hope that it won't pop up in this pregnancy. So, almost in the third trimester eh, how quickly the time has flown by! It feels like only yesterday we were both announcing our pregnancies... :-o

CDN - How you doing lady? Any symptoms so far? How many weeks along are you now? So happy for you to be here :bigsmile:

Cupcake - I am sorry for all the labor pains without the labor. Boo. And I am sorry that you are upset, but I imagine I would be as well. I don't think everyone is disappointed or anything, so don't worry about what they say. Just hang in there honey and hopefully Lorelei will get the memo and move down. I send you lots of real labor dust!

Skippy - Thanks for the house dust. I am hoping we are ok now ;)) . That's nice that you get to see the boys so often. I bet you can get a sense of how they are in there, ie if there is a dominate one, or they seem to be on equal footing. As for the Target registry info, thanks for sharing. I am not registered there, but always good to know their general return policies.

Random - Congrats on the normal bp and the new crib, how exicitng!

Sarah - Glad you were able to pop back in. I can't imagine how hard it is to have a LO and be preggers with a deployed DH. My DH deployed just after our wedding, and it was not fun. Can I ask where you guys are based out of and/or which branch? Currently, my DH doesn't have to deploy, but with our move, he might have to in the future. We shall see though... As for your first pregnancy, wow, what a PITA! I am glad that this pregnancy sounds more tolerable and hopefully it will stay that way! How many weeks are you again?

Basil - CONGRATS on selling your place dear! I know what a relief that must be for you and your DH. Now you can move onto the fun part of finding a new place before the little one comes, hehe. I am sorry for all the drama with the "realtor" but lesson learned indeed. And another big congrats on the new stoller, very pretty. I :love: your little "model" too, he makes such a cute furry baby, hehe. That's great that you got the stoller at a steal, it always feels better that way!

Kay - Thanks for the congrats. Things seem to be progressing with DH's job opportunities, so we are excited about that. Fingers crossed though...Sounds like you are spot on with the weight gain. I wouldn't try to stress yourself too much about a couple extra pounds though at the end, especially if your LO comes out nice and healthy. Sorry for the body aches, but hopefully the massage will fix that :wink2: Congrats on figuring out your kitchen layout but big bummer on the timing. I'm sure once the baby gets here though, you will be so preoccupied and then it will be time to make changes before you know it.

AFM - Things are moving along nicely here. I have been uber efficient getting things prepped for the move, baby-wise. DH and I decided which hospital we wanted to deliver at and I sent my records over and got approved for a new OB, and made an appt for when we head down there. We picked one of the daycare centers we toured and the little one is all signed up and ready for October-ish. So, that makes me feel better there. We also sent in a deposit for a rental house, so I am hoping that goes through (fingers crossed). On DH's side, the job stuff is starting to pick back up (now that the govt. has got things in order) so we are hoping that one or two of these opportunities pan out so he can move down when I do. Other than that, we are looking forward to a relatively chill weekend without any visitors and are thinking maybe we will test drive some new cars, since we will both need one once we move to FL. I hope everyone else has a lovely weekend and enjoys the time away from work!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the well wishes!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
DCGator- I'm 11 weeks so still in the beginning of the pregnancy! We are in NC based out Ft. Bragg Air Field (used to be Ft. Bragg and Pope AFB but was recently combined). We are AF. DH is not currently deployed just TDY for awhile. he was deployed last year though for the majority of my first pregnancy. I'm guessing he will also deploy shortly after this LO is born. Crossing fingers against that. What about you?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I needed to share this somewhere I would be understood. :cheeky:
My job involves occasionally visiting patients in hospitals. Once this week I went to the hospital where ill be giving birth and there was a momma getting in her car with her new little twinkies (boy and girl) and I got all weepy eyed, thinking ill be in the same place in a few months. The babies were just so tiny!!! Then today, at another hospital, there was another new mommy also loading up her baby and it cracked me up.....daddy was there with his big camera, trying to take pictures while also getting the carseat in, and the mom was just staring at the baby as he's doing his work and volunteers were putting all their swag in the trunk....it was just too cute, and she just looked so in love with her baby.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo, I got to go back to the hospital today, I felt like I was leaking fluid. Apparently I am dilated a little more, and that increases the amount of excess fluid coming out, but its not amniotic fluid. Still on bedrest, just sitting and waiting. Gotta at least make it to 36 weeks, then if he comes it's ok. Until then, if I start to leak or my cervix keeps dilating, it'll be a c-section for sure. (He's breech) Oh, the joys of pregnancy! ;))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TUCKINS ~~ oh no, Fingers and toes crossed for you that you make it to 37 weeks. thinking good thoughts for you!!!

CHARBIE ~~ aww, that is so sweet to see those babies go home and their parents so in love!!! How are you? Now you have me wondering what fried pickles taste like and now I am craving fried cheese sticks. lol Hudsons song is cute!!! Yay for your new house, very exciting!

DC ~~ baby A is so ready to come first it is crazy and then Baby B is next in position. The u/s tech went as low as my pelvic bone area to try and see baby A :o Oh things sound like they are coming together nicely for your mom, docs, daycare, etc; I am so happy for you!! that is awesome!!!

BLEN ~~ good news on not having anymore contractions; how scary!

KAY ~~ thank you!!! You are tiny; I am double what you weigh this week. You sound like you are doing great!!! I am glad you have your kitchen plans drawn up; wow you are super busy!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ I need to get carseats, mattresses, dresser and a few other things. I need to be done shopping this week. We did test drive minivans. I didn't ever want to get a minivan but now it sort of makes sense since we need a new vehicle and people are telling me how much they love it. We will see though.

After the shower my feet have been swelling so taking it easy and drinking tons of water has helped big time, phew!!!

Oh and on the Target Registry you can return up to $200 w/out receipt which is awesome. I said that wrong last time. Then after the $200. I returned stuff at Babiesrus but I don't know their policy and I didn't have a receipt but they pulled up my registry even though the items weren't on it, but the bar code told them it was from there, weird.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY, I bought a BOB for the Twins!!! There was a deal online I couldn't pass up that I learned about on babycheapskates.com yesterday. woot woot :D

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been on PS in forever but wanted to see if puffy had her baby girl. congrats puffy!! glad it was another easy L&D. welcome Alyssa! can't wait to see pictures!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
NEWS!!!! Last night I went into labor and ended up having a c-section at 4:00 in the morning. Ethan was born at 4:19, 4lbs 9 oz and 18 inches long. He's in the NICU because he's premature, but he's doing great!! He's so cute, I just can't wait to hold him!!! :love:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congrats Tuckins!!!! Can't wait to see baby Ethan! :appl: :)) :appl:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Tuckins! Glad to hear he is doing well!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins: Congrats on Ethan! Glad he is doing well! Lots of dust for growing and feeding well so he can come home soon!

Skippy: Sounds like you have lots to buy this week! What are you planning for carseats? I think we decided on the Chicco Keyfit 30 due to good reviews and a seemingly strong frame compared to some of the others. Congrats for getting a good deal on the BOB. You are going to look very stylish pushing around the twins!

Charbie: I totally know the feeling about getting emotional around the new moms and babies. So fun and such a wonderful preview for what is to come!

Sarah: Congrats and welcome! Hopefully this pregnancy will be easier.

DCG: We test drove some strollers and DH and I both ended up loving the Britax B ready so we ordered it in black and got the bassinet for free. I am looking forward to wheeling this little girl around in it. I love how light it is and the simplicity of putting the seats in and out. Well done getting everything set for the move. I do love having the ultrasound nearby but at this point, she has gotten so big I we are just looking at parts, it was more fun when we could see all of her dancing around.

CDN: Very excited for you to be joining us!!!

Blen: Glad the BH have calmed down. I actually had been having a ton myself recently from being on my feet and working tons of hours. I had thought about calling my OB but didn't, however I ran into her at the hospital yesterday and she insisted that I take a day off and take 600 mg of ibuprofen which really helped stop them. I am trying to be good about resting today but it is hard when there is so much I want to do but I know it is WAY to early for any contractions so I am doing my best.

Kay: Hope you enjoyed your massage. 14 lbs is great at 29 weeks and it sounds like you are in a good range to meet your goal. Good luck with the kitchen remodel. It makes sense to wait until after the LO is born to get it started though.

Basil: Awesome stroller and great deal! Your pup is so cute. Congrats on selling your condo!

RT: Glad your BP is better. Which crib set did you get?

Cupcake: Sorry about the false alarm. Hope she comes soon!

Dreamer: Hope the GDM test went well.

AFM: I had essentially been working 12 days in a row with a brutal stretch of nights and for about 3 days straight I was having lots of BH. Just when I had a few hours of more than 4/hour, they would subside so I neve ended up calling my doc but I actually ran into her in the hospital and she told me to get some rest and take some ibuprofen which helped. They have really subsided now and I am trying to relax. I read somewhere that working more than 40 hours a week increases your risk for preterm labor and I am definately in that category. I started with a nice 4 cm long cervix so hopefully that will be in my favor. In other news we also ordered our Britax B ready stroller which we are super excited about.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results