shape
carat
color
clarity

More huggies/hoops

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
About 5 weeks ago, I had a birthday and DH surprised me with a very beautiful pendant to match my blue saphire ring. (here's my thread on it: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/decembers-blue.153405/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/decembers-blue.153405/[/URL]). He had bought it at our jeweler that we've been going to for almost 6 years now. DH did say that I could trade it for something else if I wanted. I have worn my blue saphire ring probably about 4 times in the past 3 years and I was thinking that this beautiful pendant will sit in the safe just like the ring.

I have a pair of princess studs that I wear everyday and I was thinking, how about a new pair of earrings for my 2nd hole. I did recall seeing threads on huggies during the holidays on PS. Thanks for canukgal's thread, I was convinced to get 10 pointers huggies just like hers. And that morning I was going to order my huggies, jill_s posted her new 20 pointers huggies. I called IDJ for a quote, and unfortunately the 20 pointers were a lot more than I wanted to spend. Just like lbbaber, I have shopped around. So I asked my jeweler to make me a pair with 15 pointers (I figure if I ordered 10 pointers, I would have wished for 20 pointers) set in 14 carat white gold (not as heavy as 18 carat wg).

So it has been 3 weeks and my huggies are ready!!! Jeweler told me that he ended up making my huggies bigger that 15 pointers, so I was thinking 17 or 18 pointers. YAY! I did ended up with 20 pointers after all!

Presenting my new huggies: F/G color, eye clean SI1, 20 pointers set in 14 carat white gold

EarShots.JPG

DimeInBetween.jpg

Huggies2CTW.JPG

zaq12

Rough_Rock
I can't get enough of these- i really can't wait until we can actually order mine. they look GREAT on you. perfect with your studs

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!! They do look FANTASTIC and you got the 20 pointers---it was meant to be!! Now we truly are huggie(hoop) twins! I love it. Funny, bc I was going to order my pair the same day as Jill posted her thread too :lol: I am SOOOO glad she did bc now I have bigger bling.
So many people looking at hoops lately. Really need a thread to throw them all in. PS certainly is a strong influence. I love it!

Congrats again---I love them ! :love:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
lbbaber|1302646584|2894440 said:
Oh wow!! They do look FANTASTIC and you got the 20 pointers---it was meant to be!! Now we truly are huggie(hoop) twins! I love it. Funny, bc I was going to order my pair the same day as Jill posted her thread too :lol: I am SOOOO glad she did bc now I have bigger bling.
So many people looking at hoops lately. Really need a thread to throw them all in. PS certainly is a strong influence. I love it!

Thank you! I was just looking at my pics...hhmm...it looks like I need RB studs now. Aaagggh....

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1302648310|2894464 said:

Thank you! I was just looking at my pics...hhmm...it looks like I need RB studs now. Aaagggh....

Ha ha, great minds think alike. I am already doing my research....a small pair of martini set studs are in the works. I am thinking about 25 points each will look good with the hoops. Or do you think 30 would be better?? My poor SO. He has no idea what PS has done to me!! :lol:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful, congrats!!!! :appl:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Love them! They look amazing on you! (The huggie-mania is getting to me, too, but unfortunately for me, they'll have to wait.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, another beautiful pair of diamond huggies!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
lbbaber|1302648879|2894480 said:

Ha ha, great minds think alike. I am already doing my research....a small pair of martini set studs are in the works. I am thinking about 25 points each will look good with the hoops. Or do you think 30 would be better?? My poor SO. He has no idea what PS has done to me!! :lol:

If I were you, I would go to a local jewelry store and see if there's much difference between 25 pointers and 30 pointers, to see if it's worth paying the price difference. From a glance, I can't tell the difference between my huggies (20 pointers) and my uternity ring (23 pointers), if I look really close, yes, just a tiny bit. I can't wait to see what you get. My RB studs would have to wait, I'm leaning more towards a Michele watch with diamonds on my next jewelry purchase.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1302662960|2894660 said:
lbbaber|1302648879|2894480 said:

If I were you, I would go to a local jewelry store and see if there's much difference between 25 pointers and 30 pointers, to see if it's worth paying the price difference. From a glance, I can't tell the difference between my huggies (20 pointers) and my uternity ring (23 pointers), if I look really close, yes, just a tiny bit. I can't wait to see what you get. My RB studs would have to wait, I'm leaning more towards a Michele watch with diamonds on my next jewelry purchase.

Oh my!! We really are twins. I have been looking at watches too. I have checked out some Michele watches. I definitely want a watch with diamonds too--which is funny bc before I found pricescope, diamonds on the watch wasnt as important to me. I blame Pricescope :lol:

Believe it not, Costco carries some Michele's. I was checking out their jewelry and noticed the watches--which got my mind turning. Mine has to wait for Christmas though. My SO gave me the thumbs up to get a "nice" watch this Xmas, but to him "nice" watches shouldn't cost more than $5000. My gears are already turning though---maybe spend $3000 on the watch and $2000 on a new pendant? Or finish the 5 stone ring? (i'm buying it 1 stone at a time).

I will go check out the size differences. All these little purchases are turning into a giant amount of money. My SO pointed out that If I had ONLY planned on buying the ring this year, I could have bought a 2ct stone. He did have a point but then my bling would only be on my finger. (I'll just save it for my upgrade one day!) I so envy the pricescopers that seem to have no budget!! :mrgreen:

Anyways, funny you said Michele bc I had tried on a few last month. They are beautiful! I cant wait to see what you decide :D You have some of the prettiest jewelry. Hopefully one day I'll catch up to you. That being said, I feel like I am jewelry stalking you---I swear it's a coincidence :lol: :lol: :lol:

booman

Rough_Rock
WoW!! Those are gorgeous!!!! They look so pretty in your ear. That's some real ear bling!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results