shape
carat
color
clarity

A Question about custom settings

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far I've only heard back from whiteflash. Maybe tourmalines are off their list, but they've said they won't set it. They've had a policy change. So I'm waiting for a few more to get back to me.

Tourmaline isn't soft, but I guess for some its too risky.

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
This is good to know. How odd that they won't set them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know they've set garnets in the past, but I can't remember seeing tourms in their portfolio. But it may very well just be case by case, I don't really know.

I guess because there's a lot of colored stone pople using LOGR its what they suggested but um... well..you know....

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1301952110|2887711 said:
I know they've set garnets in the past, but I can't remember seeing tourms in their portfolio. But it may very well just be case by case, I don't really know.

I guess because there's a lot of colored stone pople using LOGR its what they suggested but um... well..you know....

-A

WF suggested that you use LOGR? Wow.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1301952110|2887711 said:

-A

:o

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it was meant to be mean or anything, because lets face it, LOTS of us color gals do use them. So I don't hold it against them, it is what it is. It struck me as pretty darn funny though.

Then I thought about it, and was like hmmmm.. You know, I could save a few grand that way.... :lol:

BTW, I did get a quote from Leon, mainly because my husband ASKED me too. He knows how much I love the look of his settings. The quote isn't bad actually, its about what I would have expected for a setting from him in Platinum. But I just really don't want platinum :((

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I'm sure they can't really beat the price on LOGR...

So... what WILL you do?!?! Hmm?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
k9muttlover|1301966047|2887945 said:
Hey, I'm sure they can't really beat the price on LOGR...

So... what WILL you do?!?! Hmm?

Well heck I got 2 18K Legacy style settings sitting here empty. :tongue: *throws up LOGR gang sign*

-A

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
http://www.rdgnz.com/

O I do hope you will talk to them and get ideas and quotes. I would want to go to them for something really special.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1301966912|2887955 said:

O I do hope you will talk to them and get ideas and quotes. I would want to go to them for something really special.

OOOOOOOO :love: :appl:

I'm checking them out right now VL!! And it looks like they do stuff in 18K :bigsmile:

-A

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
reaaly fun. Though I hate to single one out since they are all outstanding, but the koi pendent really got me. and the skeleton bracelet, and the monkeys, and dang, so much coolness there!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
And the mokume gane tiki pendant!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1301966406|2887951 said:
Well heck I got 2 18K Legacy style settings sitting here empty. :tongue: *throws up LOGR gang sign*

-A

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K9

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1301966912|2887955 said:

That skeleton bracelet and skull jewelry is AWESOME.

Arc - if you get a quote, please let us know what ballpark it's in. I'm kinda curious.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
k9, didn't get a quote from them, being they're in New Zealand, though I do love their designs. it would be a logistical nightmare to get things approved and such. I seriously can't handle that with this ring. I haven't heard from Erica Grace, but I think I'm going to give them a call. maybe my email got eaten?

I did get a quote from BGD. Wow they're super nice over there! prelim: costs are within what I would want to spend. They gave me a quote for 18K, since I gave them a base number I would want to work within, the costs for plat. would have been more.

Hubs still like the Leon though but he understands Leon isn't really into 18K white and its a point of picking your battles. So I'm not going to go there. You would think he wouldn't want me to spend that much..lol

So onto the next steps, getting the stone! Can't wait to see it! :bigsmile:

-A

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait, what's going on with the stone? It's the blue green one that you're waiting on from Swala right?

What is your setting idea?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Arc,

CONGRATULATIONS! Here's to decades more.

I think LM does work in gold, but I'm not sure. I suspect BGD will be easier to work with. Does the budget accommodate Mc2? They do very interesting gold work.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Harriet!

We got through 10 years without killing each other...lol I kid I kid. It dosen't feel like its been that long. I think thats how you know you're with the right person. :bigsmile: I COULD stretch the budget for MC2... I'd also probably break out in hives! Love love LOVE their designs. In the quote I got from Leon, it was mentioned that they could use white gold but choose not to. I don't want a fight on my hands about that. They think its a matter of cost, and its not. Its about what I want.

BGD has been very easy to work with. They knew based on what I said that I really didn't want plat...lol what my husband dosen't know won't hurt him ;-)

Freke, yes thats the stone. Should be here this week I hope (well its also Wednesday so I don't know) If its next week, I won't be at home so pictures will have to wait until the week after.

-A

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm a doofus and requested the thread the wrong way. But after reading the directions and requesting a thread in the correct manner we are now good to go.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arc,

I have a guess as to which stone is coming. Ooh. Which is your favourite Mc2 setting?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet|1302116076|2889398 said:
Arc,

I have a guess as to which stone is coming. Ooh. Which is your favourite Mc2 setting?

There's two that are on my wish list.

The Diamond Flora is :love: On the website they have it with a pink sapphire. I love the look of that one. The other one is the Flora Pave. I couldn't go to anyone but them for either of those. My husband on the other hand, says they're both too busy. (he's a man wth does he know :roll: ) I told him I want one for 20 years. :bigsmile:

Thanks Kismet, I'll be other there in a jiffy.

-A

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile: Tell the hubby that the Flora can always be 'simplified.' Yeah, I doubt their work can be replicated either.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet|1302128169|2889587 said:
:bigsmile: Tell the hubby that the Flora can always be 'simplified.' Yeah, I doubt their work can be replicated either.

Harriet, I told him that a few minutes ago. I got "that look" lol

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results