shape
carat
color
clarity

CC garnet from Gary Braun finally set

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was looking at this garnet and deliberating. And finally realized that I had this nice ring with a chrome tourmaline which was too dark. I asked my jeweler to do the job and he set it quite high so the color change is seen. Not as vividly as in unset stone, but I can always change it later. The weather outside is so bad that the daytime blue can not be captured at all but I think that green and purple are good enough. I plan to add some blue when the sun is out.

greengar1.JPG

greengar2.JPG

greengar3.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purple

Do not be surprized that the stone is always turned sideways - I do not want to shade it with the camera. It is cut very well.

purple3.JPG

purple4.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to capture flashes of light, the stone behaves similar to alexandrite, there are different colors of it seen simultaneously. It was very hard.

flashes1.JPG

flashes3.JPG

flashes5.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting stone. Thank you for viewing. The chrome tourmaline from the ring small but pretty, just a tad dark. I wonder if a more shallow cut would lighten it up. The ring was bought at Bailey Banks and Biddle shortly before they closed.

Special thanks to Chrono for advising not to bezel it it would have been a disaster. Thank you Michael E for advising to set the stone higher in the ring. Thanks to Kim A. Smith from Seattle for setting the stone in the right way.

And - first and foremost - hige thanks to Gary Braun for providing such a beautiful, unusual stone! An alexandrite on the budget.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
:love:

Very Nice Crasru! I love the blue! That purple is quite delcicious too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone, Crasru. Love both of its colors & wish I could see its other flashes -- you need to be Ansel Adams to catch all that in a pic. Looks like a good buy & something you'll really enjoy.

--- Laurie

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a stunning stone, and lovely ring. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very pretty colour change garnet and that setting is an absolute beauty!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Just wait until the sun comes out in Seattle, it's going to be a sizzler,
with the diamonds flashing too !!!!!
WHAT a gorgeous gorgeous stone and setting !!!
LOVE IT !!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is a departure from your unique and modern style, but it's very pretty. Did you get a new camera? I love these shots, so clear, and you can really see the color change. These are the best shots I have ever seen of a color change garnet. Reminds me a lot of alexandrite.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The garnet is lovely; love the blue/purple color change. The setting is fab too!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What an interesting and attractive color change! I think both of the colors are lovely, which is not something you see often in the cc garnets, usually one of the color changes is meh at best. And I love the way the setting turned out.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: The colors of that CC garnet are so pretty! They're all very pleasing and attractive. Nice buy and what a beautiful ring! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The colour change is very apparent and in pretty shades, I love your ring.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
You sure have come a long way since your first days on PS, Crasru. :)) Wonderful stone and setting. You seem to be nailing some good ones here lately!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Very cool stone, both of the colors are very pretty! I love the setting too :love:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Superb stone - and so interesting to see a blue to purple change rather than a purple to raspberry!

Do you have any vendor photos?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results