shape
carat
color
clarity

Insight on which project to do next?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is an abbreviated list of projects I'm working on...or towards.

Slash of red 1/2 eternity band in rose gold (maraschino cherry spinels)
Namibian w/ carre diamond side stones a la MissyDebby's Leon
Hot pink oval spinel ring w/ emerald shapped pink sapphire halo
Valentine's pink spinel (light pink and 5mm) w/ graduated sidestones
Yellow gold Aqua basket for Italian chain
Big blue cushion spinel antique-inspired ring
Blue 7 stone spinel necklace

I've been thinking about using the stones I've had the longest and trying from there, and that would be the hot pink spinel (which is also the top choice of my husband's) or the Valentine's pink spinel (the ol' husband bought it for me just before V-day a couple years ago from Barry).

My newest gems are the Cushion spinel, and the Aqua. The 7 stone has been collected over some time, and they've been floating around for a while. It includes 2 rounds (1 Barry), and 5 ovals (1 Barry) and none of the stones really match-but I think as a concept it goes well together.

I've had the Namibian and the maraschino spinels since late last summer.

But I just have no idea which project to do first! Anyone have any thoughts? Guidance? Suggestions?!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I vote for the 1/2 eternity band in rose gold, only because I think it would be way sweet!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1301787642|2886224 said:
Here is an abbreviated list of projects I'm working on...or towards.

Slash of red 1/2 eternity band in rose gold (maraschino cherry spinels)
Namibian w/ carre diamond side stones a la MissyDebby's Leon
Hot pink oval spinel ring w/ emerald shapped pink sapphire halo
Valentine's pink spinel (light pink and 5mm) w/ graduated sidestones
Yellow gold Aqua basket for Italian chain
Big blue cushion spinel antique-inspired ring
Blue 7 stone spinel necklace

I've been thinking about using the stones I've had the longest and trying from there, and that would be the hot pink spinel (which is also the top choice of my husband's) or the Valentine's pink spinel (the ol' husband bought it for me just before V-day a couple years ago from Barry).

My newest gems are the Cushion spinel, and the Aqua. The 7 stone has been collected over some time, and they've been floating around for a while. It includes 2 rounds (1 Barry), and 5 ovals (1 Barry) and none of the stones really match-but I think as a concept it goes well together.

I've had the Namibian and the maraschino spinels since late last summer.

But I just have no idea which project to do first! Anyone have any thoughts? Guidance? Suggestions?!

Well, I think we need a photo of all the gems side by side so we can guide your decision :naughty:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1301790771|2886278 said:
Well, I think we need a photo of all the gems side by side so we can guide your decision :naughty:

Agreed!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alright alright. I didn't take a pic of the cushion spinel though--it's the subject of the semi-infamous thread: "Thoughts"

Back to resizing...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taken at night. Incandescent.

Nambian (with carre cuts from the ring), Aqua (with chain), hot pink spinel, and light pink spinel (valentines).

IMG_1278 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
7 spinels

IMG_1281 freke.jpg

IMG_1287 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiny maraschino cherries

IMG_1289 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everybody together.

Do these help?

IMG_1291 freke.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to know how many times I changed my mind while scrolling thru the pictures? :???: I really love the Nam a lot..So um..you have more ring projects in mind than necklace ones so you could do a ring. Not so many bands, really, so could do the red cherries. Or erase what I just said and do the aqua b/c April is your birth month.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the colors of the Namibian tourmaline, the lavender spinel (lower left) and the hot pink spinel (lower right) together. I think they compliment each other, so if you want a lot of bang for your buck, I would send all three to Daniel M, and make a hanging three stone vertical pendant. The lavender round at the top, the pink oval in the center (set North/West) and the Namibian at the bottom. I think they look yummy together, as they're all pastels, and I love how the colors look together in your group photo.

I did a rudimentary mock-up using one of your photos so people could see the colors side by side, and the proportions and shapes.

frekemockup.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1301802921|2886423 said:
7 spinels

These look perfect and graduated for a bracelet or necklace IMHO.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1301802982|2886424 said:
Tiny maraschino cherries

I wish I knew where you got these, as I've been trying to help a friend find small matching pink spinels like this. I definitely think these would be perfect for an eternity band, or as side or accent stones to other various projects.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke I too changed my mind a few times while looking! However, I keep coming back to two:

1. The maraschino cherry ring - I don't know why but your description made my mouth water and then it happened again when I saw the stones!

2. I would however reserve 2 of them and set them on either side of your stunning lavender spinel (a la TL's blue/pink ring). I adored that colour combo and think it would work equally well here as well!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I have been waiting for the maraschino cherries ever since you posted your first pictures of them :love: :love: :love:
You have some beauties there, so it's hard to pick !

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the slash of red 1/2 eternity band in rose gold or the blue 7 stone spinel necklace

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL|1301822208|2886506 said:
FrekeChild|1301802982|2886424 said:
Tiny maraschino cherries

I wish I knew where you got these, as I've been trying to help a friend find small matching pink spinels like this. I definitely think these would be perfect for an eternity band, or as side or accent stones to other various projects.
I bought them here in Albuquerque at Southwest Gem & Mineral. I'd been eying them for years! Barry and I actually got to talking (he lived close to ABQ for a while years ago) and he said that SW G&M was one of his favorite places to go look at mineral specimens and gems. They have good stuff. And the store hasn't changed from the 70s!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it makes any difference to anyone, they are arranged in order of price--most expensive at the top. Well, that's an assumption, as I haven't gotten a quote yet for the 7 spinels...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL|1301821949|2886504 said:
I really like the colors of the Namibian tourmaline, the lavender spinel (lower left) and the hot pink spinel (lower right) together. I think they compliment each other, so if you want a lot of bang for your buck, I would send all three to Daniel M, and make a hanging three stone vertical pendant. The lavender round at the top, the pink oval in the center (set North/West) and the Namibian at the bottom. I think they look yummy together, as they're all pastels, and I love how the colors look together in your group photo.

I did a rudimentary mock-up using one of your photos so people could see the colors side by side, and the proportions and shapes.
Well, I hate to tell you, but I disagree. Pretty strongly in fact. The pictures I've taken above were done quickly and just to give everyone an idea of what I'm playing with. The hot pink has never had a decent photo shoot and it is far from being a pastel. I'd say the Nambian is getting closer to a pastel, but the only pastel here is really the baby pink. With the three grouped together, the hot pink (as hot as any Mahenge I've seen here, including my own big cushion) steals the show in a big way.

The hot pink spinel is going into a halo of pink sapphires. And I don't know if they will be darker or lighter pink because I don't know which one will go with the stone better, because no matter what the spinel will outshine them.

The light pink is almost white, and I plan on putting that (as I said in the OP) in a setting with graduated sidestones--diamonds at that. Only colorless stones are going to make it look pink at all.

As for the Namibian, it's going to go into a ring. With carre cut diamonds.

These specific projects are not up for debate. These are the pieces I have chosen to put them in. I'm just wondering which one to do next.

Without further ado, here's more eye candy. Specifically, here is the hot pink in it's first decent photoshoot.

IMG_1301 freke.jpg

IMG_1298 freke.jpg

IMG_1296 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So yeah. I'm currently learning towards either the Namibian or the hot pink spinel. I have no idea what the tiebreaker is going to be...

IMG_1306 freke.jpg

IMG_1312 freke.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great CS and projects! I vote for the cherry ring tho - because it sounds so pretty.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
unfortunately I'm not going to be of much help *I'm really here to oogle :bigsmile: *

-A

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1301875777|2887069 said:
unfortunately I'm not going to be of much help *I'm really here to oogle :bigsmile: *

-A
Lol. Nothing new to expect from you Arc! Any stones strike your fancy more than any others?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote the nambian because I love Barry's stones and because I'm just more of a blue-green person than a pink person.

Those cherries look amazing too though.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the namibian too, because I love the color, like the size, and have a thing for carre cuts lately.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do carre cuts look like?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the first project I would do is the maraschinos, definitely. those are hot!! I'd have to think about the others a little bit.

-A

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1301879568|2887099 said:
What do carre cuts look like?
It's basically a step cut square without the windmills or cut corners of an asscher.

carres from Tiffany.JPG

carre cut.JPG

care_cut_diamonds.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
No hesitation--

Namibian with carre cuts please!!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the maraschino spinels.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results