shape
carat
color
clarity

A colorful Saturday morning

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I've been lurking a lot in CS for a few months now, admiring all your beautiful stones. I've started collecting a few of my own and wanted to share after taking a few photos this morning of my new 1.36ct Dan Stair Pakistani peridot (arrived yesterday!). I love the bright green color, and of course the cutting is wonderful. Here are a few shots I took of it, along with my other stones. I know some aren't the most 'desirable' colors but I really like em (and relatively inexpensive)!

Here are some shots along with a completely untreated ruby from Osiris Gems (just for fun) and a medium purple amethyst (with blue and pink flashes) from Bob Kast.

Chasiu_PeridotDS3.JPG

Chasiu_PeridotDS2.JPG

Chasiu_RubyPeriAmy2.JPG

Chasiu_RubyPeriAmy1.JPG

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Earlier this week, I visited ID Jewelry to see if they had any alternating diamond/blue sapphire stacking bands and ending up walking away half an hour later with this!

Yekeutial was great to work with and definitely showed me a lot of options. This particular band happened to be a sample AND it was my size so I snapped it up immediately, otherwise I'd have to be put on the weeks-long waiting list. I had actually sent an email to ID the week prior on a Thursday and nobody had gotten back to me by the following Monday. When I mentioned this to Yekeutial, he was shocked and kept apologizing every few minutes even though I kept saying I really didn't mind. It turns out their email servers had gone down for a few days so they never received it, but I have no problem just jumping out to the store during my lunch break, though it's much harder to resist the urge to splurge when in the store lol.

I also bought a white gold halo setting from LOGR a while back, which was customized for my amethyst originally. However, the peridot is close in size (slightly larger at 7.02mm vs 6.8mm amethyst) so now I'm leaning toward setting the peridot in the ring instead. I think the halo really makes the peridot pop whereas the amethyst just looks a bit washed out in some lighting. Maybe I'll eventually get a rose gold setting for the amy. What do you guys think?

Chasiu_LOGR+Peridot.JPG

Chasiu_LOGR+Amy.JPG

Chasiu_BYSapphireBands.JPG

Chasiu_BSapphireWBs.JPG

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Your peridot is lovely! I agree that the halo washes out the amethyst a bit, but it looks divine with the peridot!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Here are some other stones that I've set already as well:

My malaya generally stays hot pink in most lighting, though it turns a darker golden orange in fluorescent lighting.

I actually scratched one of the crown facets a few weeks ago and was beside myself :errrr: Definitely need to be more careful when I wear this.

My spess is tiny but it always looks bright and literally fiery. The color has so much depth when you look at it in person that it's hard to believe it's only 4.8mm wide. Sadly I can never seem to capture it in photos.

Thanks so much for looking guys :)

Chasiu_SpesUli.JPG

Chasiu_MalayaBB2.JPG

Chasiu_MalayaBB1.JPG

Chasiu_SpesMalaAmySpin.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty collection. I really like the spess ring and the spinel.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a very impressive collection! I have an amethyst that goes a little dull in white gold, but looks fantastic in rose gold - maybe try that for your Bob Kast stone? Love all your great photos!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You have been busy! Smashing peridot, love the color & brilliance. Garnet too is very nice -- everything is! Thanks for the pics.

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! :appl: You are off and running, girl! Good work!

Isn't ID great? whenever I'm up that way, I go and check out their settings. If they don't have it, they will send a runner and get it for you somewhere in the diamond district. I had a ginourmous stone, and they found a setting that fit perfect. I have couple of stones I've put aside to have them set. Love those guys! :love:

All your stones are beautiful :cheeky: , and many people believe untreated rubies have "powers". Get that set and wear it when you need luck!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection, I like the spessartite set.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I think the spess is probably one of my favorites as well (my DH's too!); when I saw the pictures on the listing from Osiris, I just -had- to have it. Almost didn't want to have it set because I wanted to just look/play with it all the time :twirl: But at least now that it is a ring, I can take it out of the house with me! Still can't think of what to do with the amethyst or ruby but the wallet could probably use a break haha. Maybe a halo-ed ruby pendant?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some lovely pieces...did I miss who made your little spess ring? I just started collecting a few stones but dont really
have anything nice enought to see yet...well, maybe one stone.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1301861682|2886861 said:
You have some lovely pieces...did I miss who made your little spess ring? I just started collecting a few stones but dont really
have anything nice enought to see yet...well, maybe one stone.

I bought the spess from Osiris Gems through his ebay listings, and I had the stone set by Etsy vendor Harvest Gold Gallery, who is based in Maine. It is bezel set in 14k yg with bead accents, like their E-W oval green tourm cab ring. It was the first time I sent a stone to be set, so I was pretty nervous ('omg what if the garnet cracks??'), but she was great to work with and I received the finished ring less than 2 weeks after I shipped the stone. The shank is pretty thin and looks delicate but it's pretty sturdy... I have a horrible habit of smashing my hands into my desk at work and cannot find any scratches after wearing it several times a week for 3 months.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a great collection. Your new peridot is a beautiful stone and I really like the spessartite ring.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely collection! That peridot is great, love love love portuguese cuts!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
SUCH a pretty collection !!!!!!
I love your choice of stones, the Spess ring is lovely,
what a nice setting !!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results