shape
carat
color
clarity

His project ended last week so...

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
We went diamond shopping!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!!!! :appl:

I didn't mean to rush him- it just so happened that my mom was planning to come up next week so we thought it'd be a great opportunity to shop. I made appointments but ended up finding a stone on James Allen that I looooooved!!! (H/SI2/AGS Ideal 0/HCA 0.8 ). I was so nervous that it would disappear or go up in price so we moved up our appointment to... TODAY!! I wanted to make sure the diamond was eye-clean (it was - and it was soooo fiery and sparkly :love: ) So we spoke about it afterwards but ultimately I left it in his hands. He has until tomorrow to decide whether or not to buy it and I think that we both feel this is the one. I am so excited! If this is the one, he knows all of the other details (what setting I want, what size, who I want to use to insure the ring)... so it's completely possible that I could potentially have it on my hand in a few weeks!! Nothing set yet but I definitely wanted to share my excitement!!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
That's so exciting!!! Congratulations on finding a diamond!!! :appl: So, what type of settings do you like? Can't wait to see the ring pics once it's all said and done...hopefully SOON! Sending dust your way...

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
How exciting! You must be so happy!! :appl:

Lots of <<<<DUST>>>>!!! Hope things go exactly how you dreamed!!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
wwmd8118|1301367712|2882363 said:
That's so exciting!!! Congratulations on finding a diamond!!! :appl: So, what type of settings do you like? Can't wait to see the ring pics once it's all said and done...hopefully SOON! Sending dust your way...

I'm thinking of going with the knife's edge 4 prong (my bf loves seeing the "bottom of the diamond" as he calls it so one of his few requests was a 4 prong :tongue: ) but I haven't seen too many James Allen settings around these forums so I'm a bit worried with how it will look. Going to send out a general email to the "show me the bling" people and see if anyone has that setting (or a similar one).

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
slg47 said:
ooh congratulations!!!

ETA for seeing the bottom of the diamond this is one of my favorite solitaire settings
http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1-2B

here are some pics of someone who just got this setting
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-is-in-pics.158421/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-is-in-pics.158421/[/URL]

First, confusedaisy, congrats on finding the diamond!! I am so excited for you!

Second, I absolutely lurrve :love: that Dimend Scaasi setting. In fact, I'm wondering if they ship out settings without a stone set in it. Because I would love to have this setting myself. I just don't live in Chicago and I know BF wouldn't be keen on mailing a diamond.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone... I'm so excited too! (Except my worrying is beginning to set in but I won't address that here :???: )

We decided to go with the knife's edge James Allen setting (2mm) and see how we feel about it. It may end up being temporary as sometime down the line I'll expect I'll want something more ornate but for now he and I agreed we wanted something super-simple and he loves how much of the pavillion is shown in the knife's edge. It's being made and it should be in sometime next week and then... the final waiting game begins!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Oooh! I can't wait to see pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results