shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored stone vendors who sell matched pairs??

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, I'm new to colored stones, and would love any suggestions on colored stone vendors who routinely advertised matched pairs. I have been looking through a lot of the commonly talked about colored stone vendors, and gemfix seems to be the only one I have found so far that has matched pairs (maybe some of the other vendors just don't have any right now?). TIA for any suggestions!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Probably an idea to email and few and see what they have - most people don't have all their stock online.

Any particular colour or stone that you are after?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Barry Bridgestock (ACS) usually has pairs online, though not so often faceted sparklies, more like cabs, carved stones & stones like lapis, opal, etc. I'm sure if he has rough of something else you want, he'd be happy to help.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm always on the look out for pairs, and it takes some patience. Dan Stair has them occasionally, and so does Gemfix. Are you looking for something specific?

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Michael E of GemShoppe cuts matched pairs of colored stones.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
All of us will sell them on request. A lot of times we might not cut them unless it makes economical sense with our own rough. To cut pairs sometimes has a lot of waste from rough gemstones so we might cut two non matching stones from similiar colors. Plus cutting matched pairs usually requires cutting three stones and picking the two with the best match of color. But we all love revenue and putting food on the table so we will gladly fill orders when we can :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa Elser has a huge catalog that she provides to those on her mailing list, and I often see matched pairs in there.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all of the replies! I don't have any particular stones in mind at the moment, I just know I would like a new pair of earrings in the not too distant future and wanted to know where to start looking. :) Thanks again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matched pairs are usually cut from the same piece of rough (split into two) or a lapidary is sometimes able to pair them up when 2 pieces of rough are similar enough in end result colour and size. Because of this uncommon factor, you will not see any one specific vendor cut matching pairs more often than another vendor. It’s all a matter of what they happen to have on hand. Just keep your eyes peeled and eventually, you’ll see something you like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results