shape
carat
color
clarity

Yipeee! I am waiting for these babies!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Ahhhh! OEC studs at last!

I have been searching for a while, waiting for the right opportunity to present itself. I can hardly wait for these babies to arrive.
Without further ado, introducing my new OEC babies:

0.80tcw (4.8mm diameter), J VS2 accoring to the seller. The profile pics show colour, do you think they could be Ks?

I will have them reset into bezel settings, just have to decide whether to milgrain or not. I have been loving all the recent milgrain bezel studs, especially the ones with old cut stones, but most of my jewellery is quite contemporary.

What do you all think?

dinamit

OEC studs.jpg

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
...and the profile.

I don't like the current settings but I think the stones are quite well matched.

OEC studs profile.jpg

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Here is another pic. It is very similar to the first one, but I am hoping it will come up a bit larger so you can see the facet pattern better.

Edited: Hmmm, on second thoughts, does anyone think these could be trannys?

OEC studs 2.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahoooooo! they are gorgeous! The color is at least k, I think M-N. How beautiful! Congrats Sweety! :appl:

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
:twirl:
Thanks stci! Yes, I agree they show quite a lot of body colour, but on the other hand ,they are on the seller's palm (as opposed to a white background) which could make the colour look even stronger. I am really looking forward to seeing what they are like in person.

dinamit

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it's possible that the color of the hand play in color grading but they still beautiful babies!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again stci! Do you think they look more trannys or OECs? At first I thought OECs but looking at the pic more, I am not so sure...

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
there lovely!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Grace!

Any tips on waiting patiently? It's been 5 days and the wait is kiiiiiliiiiiiinggggg meeee!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think they look like OEC.

For tips.... forgive me hon.... I'm waiting for my 2 pairs of diamond earrings and I think I'm gonna die.... :lol: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will enjoy those. They are pretty.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Marcy!

I can hardly wait to start enjoying them...I keep checking tracking info and they are in the UK but stuck at customs for over 2 days now. Efficient huh?

Stci, I hope your earrings arrive soon. Have they shipped already? I look forward to the pics.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous!! I can't wait to see them in their new homes! :love: :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful. They sure look several shades warmer than J though.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dandi! To milgrain, or not, what do you think?

Thanks Kelpie! It's a big compliment coming from a lady with such an eye for finding beautiful pieces. I adore your collection, including your lovely studs. I don't mind the colour, they will match my OEC pendant which is what I wanted. I have a pair of 'H' BGD studs, so it will be perfect to have warmer studs too.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I prefer a sleek, plain bezel for studs, but you could absolutely go either way with those gorgeous stones.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
My OEC pendant is a sleek bezel, so I suppose it would make sense for the earrings to match. Also, I have never seen milgrain bezels IRL, but the ones here made me swoon...

Maybe it will be more clear once I see the stones. They are stuck in customs for over 4 days and there is nothing I can do about it :angryfire: . I wish they would send me the bill already!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Youhoooooo Dinamit! Did you receive your beauties? I can't wait to see it in your ears!!!!

Mine will set this week and that mean another week to delivery... It's long but I will be happy!

Want to see yours fast Sweety! :love: :love:

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hi stci, still no studs :(sad . I finally got the opportunity to pay the customs and hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

I am really looking foward to seeing your studs, I love how excited you are!(And who wouldn't be at the thought of 2 pairs arriving!)
It sure makes it easier sharing the agony of waiting with you...Hope the folks at customs in your country are a bit more efficient.

stci

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for you! Think I'm gonna cry with you. Hope this helps you a bit in this too long waiting period.

Believe in tomorrow ... they will be at your door!!!!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
The babies have arrived! :appl: Exactly 10 days after leaving their former home.

First impressions: definitely not Js, as most of us suspected. I would say L-Ms, but not sure as all my diamonds are higher colour so I have nothing to compare with for reference. They are darker than my I/J pendant, which is a shame, but I don't think it's that obvious once on.

They ARE very sparkly and the perfect everyday size for me (I have small lobes). I have super sharp eyes and notice EVERYTHING (how unfortunate!), ie I can spot inclusions easily, am colour sensitive, can spot minute differences in size etc. The size difference between the two stones is obvious to me, funnily enough even more so when they are on. They are .40 each but one is a bit deeper and faces up smaller than the other. There are slight differences in cut too, but they are very well matched in colour.

Overall, I wouldn't say they are my perma-studs but pretty enough to enjoy in the meantime, especially for the price. Even though I am not mad about their current settings, I am glad they arrived this way so I can wear them straightaway.

I will try to post pics asap.

dinamit

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures... we have friends!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results