shape
carat
color
clarity

ebay find???

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
hi, ive just joined pricescope after being a guest for about a year!!! i was hoping that someone would be able to give me there opinion on this ring. i dont know how to put a link on here but you can look at it on ebay. no. 200578354196. any help would be much appreciated. good price?? how old?? does that one prong look a little loose??!!! thanksx

decodoll

Rough_Rock
Very pretty ring! But I just looked at the link and it says the seller has ended the listing as the item is no longer for sale. What a bummer!!

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
lucky (i think) old me has bought it!!! i wont be getting it for a couple of weeks though as im in the uk. i just wanted everyones opinion on it as it was an impulse buy and ive been getting a bit worried if ive made the right decision!! its my upgrade engagement ring and im no expert, i just chose it because i loved it!!!

decodoll

Rough_Rock
YES!! Lucky, lucky you!! It really is absolutely beautiful. I too am in UK and recently bought a 1ct old cut on ebay. (Naughty me has to add some hand shots to my recent post). I totally think you have done the right thing. It is nerve wracking but your worry will soon be erased when you have that beauty on your finger! Can't wait to see your pictures when you receive it! :love: Lucy.

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
thanks thats made me feel better! ive bought a few rings off ebay and 70% have been great including a diamond daisy ring that turned out to be from 1826. the seller sold it to me as an included diamond when in fact there were just dirty but turned out stunning!! so im willing to take the risk!! the one thing im worried about is it looking smaller than a 1 carat as there cut deeper, did you find that with yours?

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
p.s hat do you think of the price? he wouldn't negotiate at all!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Mind if another UK based old cut lover joins in? :)

GraceAva I just saw a pic of your ring using the link you posted on another forum and I think it is a steal! Great price for a lovely looking set. The diamonds look so white too.

I understand that you now received the ring and are loving it. Re: center stone size; yes, a well cut 1ct modern diamond is normally around 6.5mm, however old cuts are deeper and generally face up smaller. I have a 0.69 OEC that faces up the same, if not a little smaller, than my 0.62 ACA by Whiteflash.

We bought from the same seller on eBay; how did you find the shipping process, delivery times and UK customs?

Now please, please post some handshots! Thanky.

dinamit

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
Hi diamit, ive just seen your answer on my other thread and this is the 'hong kong diamond'! the seller has some amazing peices, he does have another user name but you can tell because his photos are so destinctive. now the diamond isn't exactly a g-h as described more like j-k, it faces up very white its just when you look at it from the side that you can tell. but it has serious fire and sparkle! it took about 3 weeks to get the ring as the seller went away after i'd paid but before it had cleared his account which was a pain. i had to pay £28 customs, did you buy your oec from this seller?

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hello again :wavey:

The 0.69 OEC came from another seller who sometimes stocks old cuts (at good prices). It's been set into a pendant and I keep meaning to post, but our camera doesn't do justice to diamonds. I have to wait until a friend with a good camera is around.

The studs I just posted came from the seller you got your rings from. They were listed as J colour, but the profile pic shows a lot of colour so I think they are a couple of grades lower. I think they look great, just waiting to receive them now!

£28 for customs sounds more than reasonable, I presume there wasa VAT on top? Will you be posting pictures soon?

dinamit

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
yes i will post photos on thursday as its being resized. i would love to see yours as well. and i payed £28 all in, did you have to pay more? im going to look at dover jewelery now!!

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
p.s is there an 'best ebay find' thread? if not i think i will start one as i love seeing bargains and once in a lifetime finds!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Wow, £28 all in is great! I honestly don't understand UK customs. Last summer I bought 300$ huggies from BGD and I got charged almost £60 customs + VAT. I am guessing your ring cost way more than 300$, and yet the customs you got charged is £28. Go figure.

The studs are on their way to me. Hopefully they will arrive within a week or so. I will see if I can borrow a good camera from my friend to take some decent snaps of my pendant and the new studs when they arrive. Until then, you can sneak a preview here
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yipeee-i-am-waiting-for-these-babies.158149/

Really looking forward to seeing your pics!

Dower jewellery is great, but not the cheapest. I am pretty sure I did see an eBay thread at some point, there is certainly a 'bargains' thread in SMTR. Here is a link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bargain-beauties.148972/?hilit=bargains I love bargains too!

dinamit

Edited to add links.

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
thanks dinamit!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi GraceAva, I recently bought an 0.7ct OEC from the same seller and picked it up at the post office today. I am completely gobsmacked by the cut quality - so perfect it is almost worrying! Like you, this stone is not as white as it's said to be - probably a J-K rather that the I that it was sold as, however the light return is unbelievable.

I don't know where he gets these stones from, but I have never seen faceting this lovely on any of my other OECs, all of which are also gorgeous specimens.

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
hi pancake, did you buy that lovely art deco style ring? or was it a loose stone? well my jeweler told me that the stone in my ring is from hong kong and that there stones are much better than ours in quality, and mine really is the most fiery diamond ive ever seen and he sells them at such a good price as well. to be honest when i first picked mine up it did cross my mind that it was a really good fake!! do find that yours faces up very whit but has a bit of colour from the side? i think me and you should get a discount on our next purchase for all the advertising were giving him!!!

yiska

Shiny_Rock
Bump for photos! I am literally checking this thread every hour!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hi Grace

Is your lovely set sized yet? Would love to see pictures!

dinamit

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results