shape
carat
color
clarity

OdysseyGem should change them tagline

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They've sold be-treated stones before, I think some yellow sapphires. However, yes, I do think he should change his tagline, and I'm glad he's disclosing the treatment.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh jeez, I just saw my heading :lol:

TL, when did he start selling BE stones? I'm sitting here running reports so I jumped on ebay to spend my time doing something :geek: I would have never even that otherwise.

-A

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
They have been selling these be-treated stones in VVS1gems for quite some time. I thought he is just limiting these be-teated stones to VVS1gems..rather surprise to see it in odyssey.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1300681037|2876296 said:
Oh jeez, I just saw my heading :lol:

TL, when did he start selling BE stones? I'm sitting here running reports so I jumped on ebay to spend my time doing something :geek: I would have never even that otherwise.

-A

I'm not exactly sure when he started selling them, but it's been a while.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew about VVS1gems but haven't been over there in like ages...only so many hours in the day really. wow. I feel some kind of way about it tbh. Not that he dosen't have the right to sell what he wants as long as its disclosed because lots of vendors do. It surprised me though. (I know, I'm so damn pollyanna sometimes).

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1300681993|2876310 said:
I knew about VVS1gems but haven't been over there in like ages...only so many hours in the day really. wow. I feel some kind of way about it tbh. Not that he dosen't have the right to sell what he wants as long as its disclosed because lots of vendors do. It surprised me though. (I know, I'm so damn pollyanna sometimes).

-A

There are certain stones I shy away from with Tan, and any other vendor (I don't care where/who they are). That's me though. You should only buy from people you're comfortable with. I'm at least glad that Tan provides reputable lab reports for gems with no treatment or easily detectable treatment. That means a lot to me. He does carry very good quality merchandise, even though he also carries lower end material, his prices on some stones reflect that (they are not cheap). I continue to buy from him because I, and others, have had lab report after lab report come back as natural for many gems, and he has very competitive pricing, and above all, to me at least, some really fine colored gems.

A lot of people felt weird when AJS and multicolour.com started selling diffused material, so you're not alone. It is always a shock to a collector when a highly regarded vendor starts selling that stuff, but for me, I'm okay with it as long as it's disclosed.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover|1300710668|2876408 said:
Arcadian|1300681993|2876310 said:

-A

There are certain stones I shy away from with Tan, and any other vendor (I don't care where/who they are). That's me though. You should only buy from people you're comfortable with. I'm at least glad that Tan provides reputable lab reports for gems with no treatment or easily detectable treatment. That means a lot to me. He does carry very good quality merchandise, even though he also carries lower end material, his prices on some stones reflect that (they are not cheap). I continue to buy from him because I, and others, have had lab report after lab report come back as natural for many gems, and he has very competitive pricing, and above all, to me at least, some really fine colored gems.

A lot of people felt weird when AJS and multicolour.com started selling diffused material, so you're not alone. It is always a shock to a collector when a highly regarded vendor starts selling that stuff, but for me, I'm okay with it as long as it's disclosed.

Yeah I know. I did feel a little odd when AJS started selling diffused stuff too. I got over it and got used to it because they also disclose. And I really am ok with it as long as its disclosed. Just weirded out by how standard its becoming. There's obviously some value in it for somebody, even if all they want is a pretty gem without thought to treatments. *shrugs*

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results