shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing beads

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
I would just like to know, if they are comfortable. Would anyone share their experience with these? :)
If I had these, is there any need for euroshank? Or will they do the job on it's own? Do they also prevent rocking back and forth as well as twisting side to side?
Thanks so much for any input! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have either sizing beads or a Euroshank but I have heard they both work well to keep your ring from spinning.

The few people I know with sizing beads say they take some getting used too and I can see the little dents in their fingers when they take off their rings.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
I have big knuckles so my rings must be sized larger to fit over them and thus require sizing beads to prevent turning once on my finger. Sizing beads have always been totally comfortable to me but my rings are sized so the beads are not pressed tightly against my finger.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Sizing beads hurt my finger.. actually, they hurt my whole hand. When I took my ring in a few days later the jeweler said that they were exceptionally high and he put in sizing bars. The bars left my ring still too big so I now have a horseshoe spring (or butterfly spring) which I LOVE. It's so comfortable! It expands slightly when it goes over my knuckle and secures my ring when it fully on. I love it!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
DSC00868.jpg

If you look @ the bottom of my ring you can see it.

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your posts, I appreciate it! The horseshoe spring looks more comfy than the beads, that's for sure. I would love to be able to try it on before deciding, but obviously they won't have rings with sizing beads and horseshoes laying around :) (unfortunately lol)

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Just came back from the jeweller's, found out they don't do the horseshoe, argh. So I can either do the beads or euroshank... I might try the beads and if they are not comfy, then I might have the horseshoe added later instead of the beads.
So I am back to wondering, if they will be comfy enough to wear or not...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have started putting one bead in the middle bottom of all my rings that are not etrnities - I love them - If they're uncomfortable they file them down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results