shape
carat
color
clarity

Another ring off the internet....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cade1

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are looking for a ring and came across this one...in the pictures it looks great but do you think that according to the numbers, it''ll have the same fire when we actually see it? This is the info of the middle diamond in a 3 diamond setting. Here''s the EGL USA info:

Weight 1.06 ct.
Shape PRINCESS
Color G
Clarity VS2
Measurements 5.84 x 5.62 x 4.01 mm
Depth 71.4
Table 78.0
Crown 8.4
Pavilion 60.3
Girdle VERY THIN TO MEDIUM POLISHED
Polish GOOD TO VERY GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE

Thanks so much!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
What are they asking?$?

Cade1

Rough_Rock
On the report it is just over $10,000, for just the one stone. The asking price is just under $4000 - with a platinum band and 2 side stones that weigh .70 carat total witha G color and VS2 Clarity.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures are great to show the shape of a stone - very useful when you are looking for some unusual piece that is not well described by diameter alone. To guess brilliance and fire from a picture does not sound realistic to me - it is very, very hard to make a picture look like what you see of a diamond, and the light needed is almost certainly stronger than usual - otherwise not much gets through the camera lens.

The proportions of that princess cut deserve a discount - alost 80% table is way much. There are quite a few GIA stones with similar parameters and price listed around here - definitely less expensive on average than comparable princess cuts with more traditional proportions. Surely there is a reason for this...

What "traditional proportions" mean ? You may want to take a look on the AGA cut charts (LINK) for a summary of that.
read.gif

Just my 0.2, of course.

reena

Ideal_Rock
who is the seller?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My guess is big fat NO! It will not look the same in person. They surely photog the stone to make it look amazing. That is, even IF it is the same stone, which it probably isn't. That is probably a good price...if you go on dirtcheapdiamonds and do a search for "average" cut princess stones, they are about 4500-4900. But I wouldn't buy the stone anyway. Too much money for ebay without seeing it in person and getting it appraised. How do you know it's not clarity enhanced? You don't. That is a poorly cut stone in my opinion and I'd pass on it.
sad.gif

Cade1

Rough_Rock
Thank-you so much for all your input! Definity reconsidering it....

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Price is fair, although there is a reason that a G VS 2 would be at $4000, the cut is not so hot, better to have a really pretty H SI 1 with a great cut than a below average cut. 8% crown angle is not great for princess cut. My bet is that it is a little dead through the middle of the stone.
The other reason to question is the 10,000 tag price. It is not worth $10,000 so why pretend that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results