shape
carat
color
clarity

URGENT: is this a wise purchase??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_neophyte

Rough_Rock
I''m planning to pull the trigger tomorrow on the stone below... any last minute advice is GREATLY appreciated.

1.25 Ct G VS2 table 57, depth 61, crown angle 34.6, pav 40.9, no culet/fl.
GIA and AGS0 certs
med girdle
HCA = 1.6

price: 8900.00

Any last minute advice?? Thanks a ton...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'd say you get an A+ for doing your homework. It sounds like a lovely stone at a very reasonable price. Just get an appraisal for peace of mind after the fact, and you'll be set. Enjoy it in health and happiness!

diamond_neophyte

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. The GIA cert gives this stone ex/ex for polish and symmetry. Several places I've seen actually have the stone certified by GIA, and then if the sarin numbers indicate an AGSO "ideal" cut (I know... no such thing as an "ideal" cut), they'll also have the stone certified by AGS. This stone is an example... both GIA and AGS certified. I would think that this would somehow increase the "value" of the stone compared to a std. GIA cert.

The cost is much higher than Pricescope's web vendors (14% more per carat)... but most stores I've seen seem to charge more (up to 23-25% per carat)... I'm wondering if 14% over Pricescope's web vendors per carat is reasonable for a beautiful stone with great numbers and two certificates... any more thoughts out there?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results