shape
carat
color
clarity

purchasing from ebay???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssnifflezz

Rough_Rock
hello...
first of all this site is awesome!!! i didnt know forums like this existed for diamond fanatics.
anyway... as much as i love diamonds, i''m just starting to learn more about them... ie: 4c''s etc.

so anyway, my fiance and i have been searching for an engagment ring. after many failed attempts in the LA diamond district and the chicago diamond district... we decided to look at ebay? was that a good idea???
anyhow, i came across this company called "shenoa & co" that had a ring style and diamond size i really like. but does anyone know about getting diamonds off ebay? can i trust them? shenoa is a company from ny''s diamond district. supposidly they offer a money back garauntee too within a certian amount of time of course.
here are the specs on the ring:
Round brilliant cut Diamond 1.85 CT
- Color: G
- Clarity: SI-1
- Weight: 8.7 g
- 7.83-7.91X4.84 mm
- Table 61, Depth 61.5.

is this a good quality diamond. or is ebay just too good to be true???? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Do a search on Shenoa & Co. here--you'll see not very good reviews. Buying diamonds on eBay is risky. There are some legitimate, good deals but I believe they may be in the minority. Many here believe that it is better to go with a reputable online diamond vendor with clear approval/return policies and trade up programs, and I would tend to agree.

Tread carefully.
1.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
There are some good diamond vendors on ebay. Diamondsbylauren.com, diamondboy... just to name a couple.
Shenoe and Company, you may want to check out there feedback. Also, there are some threads on pricescope you may want to read. I am not slamming them by any means, but there are some "not so" happy reviews about them.
Good luck~!
wavey.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I would RUN, not walk, away from this particular seller. There has been a slew of people that have posted extremely negative experiences with Shenoa. Do a search--you'll see what I mean.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i wholeheartedly agree with the others--stay AWAY from shenoa & co. as people have said, all it should take is one search for their name on this site to pull up the horror stories. ebay is really tricky; you have to be extremely careful.

if it were me, i'd either ask for a recommendation for a reputable local vendor in your area (either on this board or from friends) or, as you seem to be comfortable buying online, use one of the pricescope vendors. you have nothing to worry about if you use one of them; ebay is a whole different story.

ssnifflezz

Rough_Rock
tthanks so much everyone!!!
actually, i did do a search on shenoa last night, and it brought me back to pricescope where i read numerous stories of unhappy customers....
thank goodness i didnt go through with getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results