shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you''ll think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deadbigtoe

Rough_Rock
I know this is a pretty big diamond, but does it seem a bit yellow to you''ll?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4934833381&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
What raises the red flag more than the color is the notation "enhanced" on an SI2 clarity diamond. Be afraid, be very afraid......

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Also none of the pictures show the diamond head on and are very blurry. A seller with only 5 transactions is also a bit worrysome. They call the diamond a SI1 in one description and a SI2 in another. Hmmmmmm........

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
deadbigtoe,

'Enhanced' is an important word in that description.

I'm one of the few people here that like them and it has been dicussed quite a bit on the forum under the words 'yehuda' or 'clarity enhanced'. This treatment has a substantial effect on the value of the stone. Use the search box near the top of the forum page to see what has been said about these items. You might consider searching for information about the grading lab as well.

There are quite a few things about that advertisement that I would consider to be bad signs.

It's ebay
5 feedback. All of it from sellers. Not a single buyer. Nothing recent.
Terrible pictures
3 day return policy
Shipping by standard mail
Unknown grading laboratory. Report not included
No cut information at all. Not even dimensions.
Description and text don't match.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/19/2004 10:31:19 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

deadbigtoe,

have you considered amputation?

----------------
ROFLMAO
9.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
RUN as fast as you can on this one~!~!~! Clarity enhanced stones are something you want to stay away from. Even the seller knows it, the starting bid is way to low. They are obviously not happy with this purchase.
errrr.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
why would you ever make a purchase this expensive/important from some random dude on ebay?

you get what you pay for. stick with someone that you know you can trust.

my .02

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That's a UGL appraisal? More like UGH appraisal. I can see the yellow clearly. A well cut J stone will not appear tinted like that. And I guess we've decided that little details like depth and table don't matter?
naughty.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
eek.gif
yeesh
errrr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results