shape
carat
color
clarity

What should I do?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I sent two stones to have them made into rings in March 2010 (they made a beautiful ring for me the year before), the last time we communicated was four months ago, I have seen them posted new designs during that time but still no word on my project. Should I just ask for my stones back? Is this the normal timeframe for some projects?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1299892665|2869917 said:
I sent two stones to have them made into rings in March 2010 (they made a beautiful ring for me the year before), the last time we communicated was four months ago, I have seen them posted new designs during that time but still no word on my project. Should I just ask for my stones back? Is this the normal timeframe for some projects?

You mean to tell me that you sent some gems to a designer a year ago, and they're still not done!?? :-o

I don't know who it is, but I would get my stones back pronto.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! I'd definitely be asking for my stones back! Have you contacted them recently to ask what the deal is?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I had extremely different experience with designers. Only two of them, Peter Lees and Jill Anish, are prompt to a T. One designer was late (but way less than a year) but he kept in contact and sent me regular e-mails. Another one was quite late, but I decided that the wait was worth it. It took another one a significant amount of time to set my stone, but I had a few things going at the same time and just let it go. I thought one of my projects was the longest one, 7 months, I believe, but I think your jewelers set a new record.

So unless the project is unique and/or inexpensive, in other words, there are reasons to go with this specific jeweler, I'd ask him/her/them to return the stones.

This being said - there are creative people who just need to be inspired to work. Maybe your group of jewelers are such? Very talented and unique? In such a case, I'd ask for one stone back.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Did they give you an estimated time frame for completion when you sent them? Either way, I'd be calling and be asking for them back since you haven't heard anything for four months (!), but I suppose its different (still unacceptable) if you had an open time frame.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, thats kinda out there? If last communication was 4 months ago, I would send them a hey whats up email/telephone call.

Now if they don't answer that, then yes something is really up. Totally bad juju to leave someone hanging that long.

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I've asked for status update again or return my stones, even though I really like their designs but I'm getting antsy about my stones.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
More than antsy, I'd be hopping up & down, with no info for 4 months. You may have to phone, even if it's overseas. It can be easier to ignore an email than a phone call. If you do, make sure you get to the head honcho. Good luck!

--- Laurie

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did the gems actually get to them? I wonder if that's the problem? I hope not. :(sad

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
1 year is way too long unless they are waiting for you to make a decision! I had stones sit with designers for 5 months because I wasn't sure what I wanted to make. For the hold up to be them ... that just isn't right.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
man the frustration! I'm glad you asked for them to do something one way or another. I hope you get some kind of answer back soon.

-A

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have every right to be worried. Did you ever get confirmation that they received your stones?

I hope it all works out for you!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone, I received a reply that they'll start work on the designs.

LTP looking forward to seeing your new projects too! :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1300074379|2871153 said:
Thanks everyone, I received a reply that they'll start work on the designs.

LTP looking forward to seeing your new projects too! :wavey:

They'll start NOW???

Did they realize they even had the stones in their possession? :wacko:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow-just now start?? That's crazy LD. Did they apologize or give any cause as to why it was taking so long?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a really long wait, given that they are only beginning now. Was a time frame or estimated completion time given?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results