shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Inclution in Citrine...

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just wondered about this inclusion. Is that a type of colour banding? Is it natural? I own a few citrines but this is the only one that has the weird marking. Looks like someone's drawn on it with a pen! When you tilt the stone, it just gets wider and disperses. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting. :twirl:

CIT%20INCLU.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's difficult to see. Is it inside the stone? If so, it looks like a crack that's reflecting the light back however that's very much a guess because you can't see it clearly. Any chance of a few more photos?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's most likely part of a "phantom". These are areas in crystals where the color changes as different substances are deposited on the growing crystal. In complete crystals they look like little "V" shapes and can show a very clear crystal shape inside of the larger crystal. Here's a picture from Google images.

phantom quartz.jpg

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies. Sorry if the photo isn't clear, but the line is a bit fuzzy and the camera doesent know how to focus on it. I also thought it was a crack but when you tilt the stone upright, the light doesent bounce off of anything. It's just like a shadow that appears to be flat and the pic is looking at it side on. When you try to look at the top of the 'plate' it disappears. I agree that it could be a phantom though, I just hadn't seen one IRL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results