shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl(s) or Birkin???

DiamondMe

Rough_Rock
I am a purse person and, I am a jewelery person too. Dillema!! I have a second hand birkin put on hold for me. I also fall in love with a few pearl jewelleries. I love a pair of ss pearl earrings and there is a beautiful tahitian neckland with diamonds. The birkin and the pearls cost nearly the same. What will you choose ladies?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a pearl forum....obviously, i'd go with the pearls.

MoZo

ps admittedly, i'm not into purses.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here! I don't care that much about purses because they eventually get worn out or styles change. I enjoy fine quality jewelry so much more!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If you already have a Birkin and no pearls--then get the pearls. Of course Madam Bijoux might beg to differ!

cheers--Sharon

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
if the Birkin is a good deal and you love it then go for it you can always get pearls later

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I would get the pearls because they'll last longer.

DiamondMe

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies, thanks for the reply/opinions so far. Yes, I do have a birkin already which I love, a toile/leather combination. And yes, I also have a pearl pendant and a pearl necklace strand, but they are about 7mm and both are from Tiffany. I think the size are too small (although I still love the pendant very much). I am lurk after a pair of South Sea Pearl earrings and may be a necklace as well. As for the birkin, I think it is a good deal. It is whole leather (boxcalf) and I been waiting for it quite a while (good deal and boxcalf leather). Dillemma is... my area rain quite often and I probably won't be able to carry the box birkin as often as I want to, but it is a BLACK BOX BIRKIN ... If I don't get it now, i will get it later. Well, since it is a reasonable price I WILL GET IT!

As for the SS pearl earrings, I know that I will wear it when I don't wear my diamond studs, and it will worth every single penny, I WILL GET IT! Dillemma... I would love to have the biggest 12-13mm but I am on the phone quite often, may be it is not practical???? how about getting 9mm??

SS pearl strand /tahitian pearl strand with diamonds -- It will not get to wear daily.. I GIVE UP NOW.

I hope I make a good choice.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Paradise has 8-9 mm SS stud earrings on special during March, so perhaps you could afford both the Birkin and these studs. I agree this smaller size works much better when using the telephone.

I'm not a purse collector and had to look up what a Birkin was. Beautiful purses, BTW. :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
@FLYGIRL; since the Birkin is $20,000, I don't think she cares if the pearls are on sale or not, LOL :lol:

@DIAMONDME; I wouldn't buy the Birkin, because I get tired of my purses too quickly. No matter how much I spend, I get sick of them in a few months, so I buy cheap purses now, usually under $200. But I know these purses are highly prized so I can understand if you get it.

If you like pearls, I've had luck with Jose at tahitianpearls.BIZ, and I really like this pair of South Seas;

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-earrings/omega-white-south-sea-pearl-earrings-weop.htm

If you select AAA grade, you will have the highest quality available. White is considered the best. You can take these in and out all day without losing the backs. If I had the money, I would get the AAA 13.9 mm, the size is rarer as you get larger and large pearls are the style these days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results