shape
carat
color
clarity

A penny for your thoughts on a blue diamond

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well tl, they had plenty of black ones too (Imma get me a biggun someday :lickout: ) Not to everyone's taste but I like black diamonds too. I wanna a black one surrounded by pink spinel melee :bigsmile:

On the gray fancy jI think its just dark enough to show that its gray. but lets face it, who's gonna spend the $2500.00 to find out at that size (I ain't!!) :lol:

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1299550524|2867059 said:
Well tl, they had plenty of black ones too (Imma get me a biggun someday :lickout: ) Not to everyone's taste but I like black diamonds too. I wanna a black one surrounded by pink spinel melee :bigsmile:

On the gray fancy jI think its just dark enough to show that its gray. but lets face it, who's gonna spend the $2500.00 to find out at that size (I ain't!!) :lol:

-A

Scope out ebay for grey diamonds. They're much better deals there. We're talking hundreds of dollars for perhaps a 30 to 40 point stone. I think Leibish is best for very rare fancy colors, but some more common colors can be had for very good pricing on ebay, and many of them are natural in color.

Black diamonds are irradiated. Not sure if you knew that. I think black spinel is a better alternative as they are very inexpensive and have a nice luster, and are all natural (no treatment).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I serously doubt I would find a fancy gray on ebay TL that has a cert attached. If I'm going to go with a gray diamond, I may as well get a cert.

I have a black tourmaline. It s ok. I do want a black diamond though. Trust me, I know my own mind :))

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1299552018|2867075 said:
I serously doubt I would find a fancy gray on ebay TL that has a cert attached. If I'm going to go with a gray diamond, I may as well get a cert.

I have a black tourmaline. It s ok. I do want a black diamond though. Trust me, I know my own mind :))

-A

Grey diamonds are not that valuable, so any grey diamond you can see is grey would be acceptable, and you can send it to the GIA yourself. Some Thai based ebay sellers can send it to the GIA in Thailand as well. The only time grey diamonds are valuable is when they have a blue, violet primary color. Honestly, I don't think it's worth it to get a GIA on a pure grey diamond. JMO.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1299383439|2865824 said:
Arcadian, the Vivid Blue should arrive in a couple weeks.
I would have loved to have kept it, but I want a blue that is in the Intense to Vivid range, and can only afford one tiny pure blue.

I think someone else liked it too.
It is already on Reserve. http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/3718.htm
It is an exquisite FCD, you just don't find that strong blue in a 12-point, especially in an emerald cut which does not amplify the color strength.
That had to be some screaming rough.
I'm hoping a PSer grabbed it.
Kenny - If that is the same little emerald cut blue that started this whole FCD collection (and silly me, to suggest that you get a sapphire because it would be larger :roll: ), in comparing the Leibish photo to yours (still on my desktop wallpaper), his photo looks grey compared to the pure blue of picture. So, I'm guessing you are hoping that this will be true again, in which case, that blue oval may well be a keeper.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, I think you just have something against gray stones tbh. :saint:

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1299553041|2867089 said:
TL, I think you just have something against gray stones tbh. :saint:

-A

That's not true. I have three greyish green diamonds, and I think grey diamonds look great in rose gold. I do have a thing against very dark toned stones though. I'm just trying to save you some money on something you might want to get in the near future. Grey diamonds are a great value on ebay, and they should never be so highly priced, I don't care if it comes with a GIA report. ;))

TLgreendiamondfurtheraway.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, sweetie. You know I'm weird and have walk to the beat of my own drummer.

I like dark stones sometimes, so sue me. I like gray stones sometimes too. I have a beautiful tan and gray tourmaline that rocks my socks. This is me we're talking about here ok?

There's stones out there for all kinds of people. I happen to like the dark gray diamond. I also happen to like black diamonds too. Leibish also has another gray which is 10K! but hey far as I'm concerned, its GORGEOUS :lickout:

I spend what I'm going to spend period. However, if I do decide I want a stone with a fancy color designation from one of the premier labs in the world, and thats what I can afford, then I'll get it, no matter the color, as long as I like it. Thats not something you or anyone on this board has anything to do with, when it comes to pulling that money out of my pocket to pay for something its all about me when it comes to that.

Each person on this board is different in their wants and likes , please remember that. What I like you may not and vice versa. Nothing wrong with that. :))

-A

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover|1299551352|2867072 said:
Black diamonds are irradiated. Not sure if you knew that. I think black spinel is a better alternative as they are very inexpensive and have a nice luster, and are all natural (no treatment).

Not all black diamonds are treated.
Leibish currently has 38 listings for blacks, of which 6 are natural.
They are the ones with GIA reports.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand that everyone has their likes and dislikes Arcadian. I totally respect that. All I'm trying to do is help you save some money on something you expressed a desire in. For me, I just can't see spending that much money on a fancy grey as they are not a desirable color in the trade. You shouldn't take offense to that, it makes them less expensive, which is good for you and other people that like them. I know they can be had for much less, so I was just pointing that out to you, that's all. Besides, if you did get a grey diamond for a lower price somewhere else, you can send it to the GIA yourself and save a great deal. Some FCD's are very expensive just because they have that GIA. I'm not talking specifically about Leibish here, but many dealers do charge a premium for the fact that a diamond, any diamond, has a GIA report. If the GIA report comes back fancy blue, that's a good reason to charge a premium, but not if it comes back fancy grey.

If you want to spend what you want to spend, that's entirely your perogative. I'm just trying to be a friend and point out some alternatives to you. :))

Sorry to Kenny, didn't mean to threadjack. :oops:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1299554590|2867105 said:

True Kenny, but most are. Thanks for pointing that out, and correcting me. :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.
The black "color" being of natural origin can make it costs 10 times as much as treated black. :o
Yikes.

Then again, natural red, green or blue diamonds are probably more than ten times the price of treated.
We just don't see the listings side by side on the same website.

Picture 26.png

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1299554240|2867101 said:
TL, sweetie. You know I'm weird and have walk to the beat of my own drummer.

I like dark stones sometimes, so sue me. I like gray stones sometimes too. I have a beautiful tan and gray tourmaline that rocks my socks. This is me we're talking about here ok?

There's stones out there for all kinds of people. I happen to like the dark gray diamond. I also happen to like black diamonds too. Leibish also has another gray which is 10K! but hey far as I'm concerned, its GORGEOUS :lickout:

I spend what I'm going to spend period. However, if I do decide I want a stone with a fancy color designation from one of the premier labs in the world, and thats what I can afford, then I'll get it, no matter the color, as long as I like it. Thats not something you or anyone on this board has anything to do with, when it comes to pulling that money out of my pocket to pay for something its all about me when it comes to that.

Each person on this board is different in their wants and likes , please remember that. What I like you may not and vice versa. Nothing wrong with that. :))

-A

I think you would have liked these Arc, I was considering bidding on them, but I've put a freeze on my diamond buying... for now :naughty:

There was just something so romantic and enchanting about these two stones that really had my bidding finger itching

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...monds&rt=nc&si=dXT5qOTtHGwfQfJDKs10811vxpI%3D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...monds&rt=nc&si=dXT5qOTtHGwfQfJDKs10811vxpI%3D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bid4desire is a good ebay store. I know a dealer that resells their stones all the time, and he gets GIA reports for their stones on request. They have all come back as natural color thus far, including yours Davi.

That being said, if I were looking for a super rare trade-desirable color like Kenny's collection, I would go with Leibish, 100%.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kenny, I have to admit those were the ones I was looking at :lickout: GIA would state if there was treatment on the stones, and I didn't see anything about treatments. I wouldn't have thought they would have left them out (they sure are pricey though!)

TL, sometimes some will pay for the privilege to have peace of mind. OR, to ensure they get exactly what they want. When I want that peace of mind, I pay for it, end of story. I do it with my eyes wide open and totally educated, as should we all!

Pricescope I think especially in THIS section, undermines that severely. I wouldn't steer someone away from a stone that was what they wanted which also has a cert attached only so they could "save money on ebay " and take their chances on not getting what they want. That makes no sense to me.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1299555696|2867123 said:
I wouldn't steer someone away from a stone that was what they wanted which also has a cert attached only so they could "save money on ebay " and take their chances on not getting what they want. That makes no sense to me.

-A

I would if the amount of money saved was beyond substantial, the type of stone wasn't that rare, you had a good return policy, and you could get a GIA report yourself. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover|1299556415|2867129 said:
I wouldn't steer someone away from a stone that was what they wanted which also has a cert attached only so they could "save money on ebay " and take their chances on not getting what they want. That makes no sense to me.

-A

I would if the amount of money saved was beyond substantial, the type of stone wasn't that rare, you had a good return policy, and you could get a GIA report yourself. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. ;))

Call me a skeptic but why would a seller throw money away selling something without a report if they know GIA would give it grades that would result in more profit?

I'm not saying it does not happen.
I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to take the risk.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1299557085|2867133 said:
tourmaline_lover|1299556415|2867129 said:

-A

Call me a skeptic but why would a seller throw money away selling something without a report if they know GIA would give it grades that would result in more profit?

I'm not saying it does not happen.
I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to take the risk.

Because honesty Kenny, pure grey diamonds aren't that valuable. I've even seen DBL sell them for much less. If it were being sold as a natural blue diamond, and it was going for $100, then I'd be very very very skeptical. Again, I'm not trying to put down grey diamonds, it's just a fact that they are not as desirable in the trade. Fancy grey blue, grey violet, yes, but not pure fancy grey. It's like yellow champagne diamonds, many of them are very inexpensive as well in sub half carat sizes. That doesn't mean they're not beautiful or less desirable to some individuals. I happen to like greyish diamonds.

Even Leibish's website admits that grey diamonds are low priced

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/about_fancy_color/natural_fancy_grey_diamonds.htm

"Natural grey diamonds are very popular due to their relativity low price and their strong color and face up."

Now I don't know why that 11 pointer is so expensive, I wonder if it's a mistake on Leibish's site, or they can comment on it. Why is this fancy dark grey so much larger and only a little less than twice the price of the 11 pointer? This also has a GIA report, and it's got the more comprehensive GIA report than the 11 pointer as well.

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/4766.htm

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$299 for a GIA fancy grey of 21 points from a reputable online dealer. Leibish also carries fancy greys in sub half-carat sizes for very little. I just wanted to show you this so you would know that fancy greys in sub half-carat sizes are very affordable, even with a GIA report. Therefore, it's not unreasonable to find them from ebay sellers for so little in smaller sizes. Very pretty stone.

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-21ct-gray-diamond-great-value-gia-natural-r3293

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Kenny, I have to admit those were the ones I was looking at :lickout: GIA would state if there was treatment on the stones, and I didn't see anything about treatments. I wouldn't have thought they would have left them out (they sure are pricey though!)

TL, sometimes some will pay for the privilege to have peace of mind. OR, to ensure they get exactly what they want. When I want that peace of mind, I pay for it, end of story. I do it with my eyes wide open and totally educated, as should we all!

Pricescope I think especially in THIS section, undermines that severely. I wouldn't steer someone away from a stone that was what they wanted which also has a cert attached only so they could "save money on ebay " and take their chances on not getting what they want. That makes no sense to me.

-A
Small threadjack, but Arcadian, want to be sure you see the round black spinel on Mastercut Gems new drop. Natural, shows some dispersion, and a nice price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results