shape
carat
color
clarity

My first pearl purchase! Large Baroque SS pearls.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, This is my first foray into pearls. I have been lurking here for a while, trying to learn. I fell in love with iLanders big baroque pearls so I contacted Sally at Kojima. She sent me some lovely photos. I don't care that they don't perfectly match, I would rather it this way. I love the color too.
These are Sally's pic. I will post more when I get them in the mail.

Kattrina -3.jpg

Kattrina -1.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love them. Bravo on your choice :appl:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks I can't freaking wait to see them in real life. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a nice start! if they're going to be earrings, an absolute match is absolutely not necessary. so, what will the be...and when?

MoZo

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mozo
They will be earrings. Sally is going to partially drill them. I have to find someone to put the little caps on them. Any ideas who could put the caps on for me? Local jeweler?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no idea re the caps...but i do know they'll be lovely as earrings!

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! :love:

Those are so luscious! I love the color and the luster is just lovely! :cheeky:

Does Sarah have any caps that she can put on them? Extra charge, I'm sure, but I think I would trust her before a local guy.

Nice choice, Treenbean! :appl:

Can't wait to see your RL pics!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice. I wonder if I can wear them that big...probably too heavy for me. Enjoy.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't think to ask her if she could do it. :(sad She sent me email instructions on how to do it myself :-o

I already wear some pretty significantly sized earrings so I don't think these will be a problem. If they are too heavy.... Lariat necklace!

Also I'm getting excited they should be here tomorrow. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So? How do you like them? :?:

I can't wait to hear about them, maybe see some pics?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi iLander :wavey:

I got them yesterday and OH MY do I love them. :love: :love: :love:
I did a quick photo shoot today but the light wasn't right so I will have to do them again. I didn't think to ask Sarah to put caps on them so I will have to either send them back to her or find someone else to do it. In the mean time I picked some lever backs and some caps.

pearl4.jpg

pearl2.jpg

pearl1.jpg

pearl.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
one more pic. You can see how the color is off. They look much whiter in the pics with the old book. The color when I am holding them is more true. A light golden. Very pretty. I think

Sarah suggested some finding and I really like the caps she provided a link for. I would like to use these to add just a bit more of a drop with the leverbacks. https://www.bellafindings.com/jewel..._viewItem.asp?idProduct=61501&idCategory=4178

pearl5.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for posting all your beautiful pearl pics. I never really considered myself a "pearl lover" until now.

iLander: I loved your earrings and had to have a pair for myself. I hope you are flattered that I emulated you and your impeccable taste.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Treenbean|1299304293|2865234 said:
Thanks everyone for posting all your beautiful pearl pics. I never really considered myself a "pearl lover" until now.

iLander: I loved your earrings and had to have a pair for myself. I hope you are flattered that I emulated you and your impeccable taste.

Awwwww, thanks, Treenbean! :wavey: You're very kind to say that, but I can't take any credit, its just a variation on the classic Vermeer painting:

http://www.artinthepicture.com/paintings/Jan_Vermeer/Girl-with-a-Pearl-Earring/

But I am very glad if my earrings gave you the impetus to create your own. They're really gorgeous! :love:

I am so happy to see these beautiful pearls. :appl: I really don't think Sarah's pix did them justice. They are really much prettier than I thought, and the color is gorgeous! Your pictures depict a pair of luscious, extravagant beauties and I admire them very much! :cheeky:

I love the pearl caps Sarah pointed you to, and I am definitely going to check out that website, there is some nice stuff there!

Excellent choice, Treenbean! For your first foray into pearls, you did well. :D I have a preference for the unusual in pearls, too. I like really big ones, really tiny ones (3mm!) and unusual shapes and colors. Once you realize that pearls are more than medium sized, white pearls, you'll be hooked. :naughty: Try googling bead shows in your area, you'll probably find pearls among the beads, and the variations will amaze you! (Be careful though, the ones sold as "shell pearls" are actually fake.)

Please start a new thread with lots (AND LOTS!) of ear shots when you make them into earrings. I would love to see more of these lovelies!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow ! Those are some seriously gorgeous pearls! Could I be more jealous? Just out of curiousity..what are the measurements ? They look enormous! You are going to have a fabulous eye popping pair of earrings there kiddo! :appl:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
iLander: I sure will post lots of pics once they are all done. I actually cannot wait to get them put together!!!

Hi Katbran :wavey: I'm glad you like them. They are 14. something by 19. something. They are a soft golden color that I love.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't seen and handle that many SS pearls compared to other types. In my experience, they are very satiny and luster doesn't seem as sharp as other pearls. But... I have some baroque ones and they have better luster than the round ones I've seen. In general, I think baroque are more interesting, usually have better color and luster than round ones. Enjoy your new treasure.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Treenbean|1299304016|2865232 said:
Sarah suggested some finding and I really like the caps she provided a link for. I would like to use these to add just a bit more of a drop with the leverbacks. https://www.bellafindings.com/jewel..._viewItem.asp?idProduct=61501&idCategory=4178

A word of caution about choosing caps for baroque pearls. Depending on the depth and width of the top of your pearls, the cap may be too large, small, shallow, etc. It's hard to purchase online. Even if you call bellafindings or email them, they'll reply with the measurement, but it's still hit or miss when you put the hat on the pearls. Beware that you may have to ship them back.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom Thanks for the comments and for the heads up on the pearl caps. I was worried that they wouldn't fit properly but thought I would give it a shot anyway. I will post more pics when I get the findings.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Did you get the caps yet?

I WANNA SEE!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I think I might be even more excited than you are . . . :bigsmile:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha you are adorable. I have them at the jeweler right now having the caps modified and epoxied on. The bails were too big so he is putting smaller ones on. I couldn't find the right type of lever back, so I might go for French wires. I will post pics when I get them back. :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey: :naughty: :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'll just be waiting here, while you go do that. :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Picture of me waiting for my buddy, Treenbean : :read:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have goose bumps - I swear !!
I am a sucker those pearls. I cannot wait to see
the finished product.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I can't wait either!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
They aren't done yet.... :nono: We all have to wait....

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Waiting for Treenbean's jeweler now, just catching up on my reading :read:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My first pearl purchase! Large Baroque SS pearls.UPDATE

Hi everyone
I know it has been months but what can I say? The jeweler was slow but he did a good job and I think they are really beautiful. I love the color and how the gold looks with the pearls. The size is amazing and they feel soo substantial in my ears. I hope you like them. The jeweler had to reduce the size of the bales on the pearl caps because they were originally for a necklace. hehe Ilander You could have read an entire series of encyclopedias while waiting for these to be done... :-o

pearls3.jpg

pearls1 (1).jpg

pearls.jpg

pearls2.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
one more thanks to my MIL for being my model again. It's hard to take a pic of your own ear.

pearls4.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like! you'll get years of enjoyment with these.

MoZo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results