carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

dc- thanks!!!

Inhisarms- those NT scan pics are totally incredible!!!! :love: That's amazing that your little bean has a lot of movement and congrats on making it out of the first trimester. I'm not sure if they can tell the gender that early--I thought it's normally around 18 weeks or so. That or your baby is just growing way too fast :sun:

Blen- Thanks! Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better. The food you described seriously sounds amazing. I'm not even 6 weeks and I feel like I already gained a lot because I feel pretty bloated and I'm way too scared to do my normal lifting weights routine.

January- Oh my goodness! Congratulations on seeing/hearing the heartbeat on the dildo cam!! Was it uncomfortable? I'm also happy to hear you are happy about the midwife approach. You are completely not a crazy preggo by being emotional about not hearing the heartbeat. Thanks for the sleep bra suggestion! My boobs are not really super sore but they totally need some sort of support since I find myself waking up a little bit in the middle of the night to "re-adjust". As for me, my boss hasn't said anything yet but my uber paranoid self knows she knows. I did see her today and I have this horrible cold and I looked like a total mess so I wonder if she thinks I have morning sickness. Oh well!

Charb- Yay for a healthy munchkin!!! 8 whole weeks? I thought you to see the bean at least every month? Man that would drive me insane! I was such a POAS-psycho while TTCing so I can totally see where you're coming from. Almost out of the first trimester!

AFM- Nothing too exciting to report--I'm between 5 and 6 weeks. I'm not suffering from any morning sickness at all which is good I guess. My boobs sometimes get the tingle but that's about it. I'm currently suffering from a terrible cold that is making me worried...I hope the bean isn't affected too much :errrr:. I have my RE appointment on Mar 4 where they will try and detect the heartbeat and they will release me to my Obgyn where my first appointment will be on Mar 25. *crosses fingers for a strong heartbeat*. I can't wait to be out of the first trimester like you guys!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hey again!!!!

It seems like everyone has moved to the big preggo thread, which is great! I just want to let everyone know that I heard the little fetus' heartbeat today!!!! Super excited!! RE said everything looks wonderful! Oh and there's only one bean in there too *phew*. Just want to give you guys an update. Have an obgyn appt in 2 weeks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

fabcrab|1299285864|2865029 said:
Hey again!!!!

It seems like everyone has moved to the big preggo thread, which is great! I just want to let everyone know that I heard the little fetus' heartbeat today!!!! Super excited!! RE said everything looks wonderful! Oh and there's only one bean in there too *phew*. Just want to give you guys an update. Have an obgyn appt in 2 weeks!

That is great news!!!! Yay, for a strong heartbeat!! :D Fabcrab, come on over to the Preggo thread; we would Love you there with us!!! :wavey:

January

Rough_Rock
Re:

I'm still here!! I think it's just you and me, fabcrab!! I'm 10w3d today!

Our little thread slowed waaay down, didn't it! So many ladies moving up to the big thread. What do you think, should we move over early? I don't think I'm ready!

Charbie: beautiful 4cm baby!! Congrats on 12 weeks, sister!! Woohoo! See you in the big girl thread soon!! Thanks for the empathy on my crazy pregnant lady moment!

Fabcrab: The dildo cam wasn't uncomfortable at all - certainly more comfortable than a speculum exam! Did you end up getting a sleep bra? I've found that, similar to Charbie, mine have been far less sore this week, which is a nice relief. And WOOHOO :appl: :appl: for a nice strong heartbeat!! Isn't it such a relief? Congrats, girlie.

And my update:

Whew, it's been a rough week!! Last weekend, we went home and told our families, which was fun and exciting and overwhelming all at once. This is EVERYBODY's first grandbaby, niece, nephew, etc. and we come from very large families. There was a lot of excitement, which of course was exhausting. I did get to play all day Saturday with my favorite 16-month old - my cousin's baby. I just love her, what a fun fun age.

So we get home on Sunday, crash for 3 hours, watch the Oscars and then bed. Monday I am dragging, and by the end of the day have a mild cough. Nothing too crazy, though, so I just hit the sack early and tried to sleep it off. By Tuesday morning, I'm feeling worse, and called in sick to work. I called the midwife and confirmed that I could take some plain cough syrup, because I had a nasty hacking cough, and by the afternoon I was running a temp. Ugh. The office says to call them after 24 hours with a fever, so after a looong sleepless night Tuesday night with temps between 99.8 and 101.7 (with one dose of tylenol in there to bring it down - they suggest tylenol for fevers over 100.6), I called them and told them about the fever.

They suggested I go to the ER right away (it was about 4:45 pm) and get evaluated for influenza. DH comes home from a HUGE job interview at about 5:45, and so I waited for him to go with. He says he's feeling pretty horrible too, and is even having some shortness of breath. Yuck. So we hightail to the ED, where we both check in as patients, and they confirm that we BOTH have influenza Type A. DH gets a breathing treatment and an inhaler, and we both get Tamiflu prescriptions and orders to stay off of work until Monday. *Sigh*

So now we're on day 3 of sick days home together. We feel MUCH better today, but this cough is brutal, and nothing to mess around with. My work has been great, and are fine with me off until Monday (although next week will be rough). I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant, and in light of this illness I wanted them to know, so I spilled the beans to my supervisors, all of whom were really excited and congratulatory. I'm glad I told them, because I really do need to take care of myself in a much different way.

So, PSA: get your flu vaccine. I had truly meant to get it (I always do, as my background is in Public Health and I'm generally a big vaccine believer), and even asked my office about it. They said I could get one at my first appt., and then I forgot to ask when I was there. It was laziness, really, I just never got around to it. The flu is not cool! And now the midwife strongly recommended Tamiflu, a Category C drug that I don't feel great about. Plus, m/s with a hacking cough is soooo not fun. I puked in the parking lot at the doctor's office yesterday :rolleyes:

If you're still reading, thanks! I'm spending the next two days resting, relaxing, and movie-watching with DH. Hopefully I'll be ready to tackle next week!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Skippy- Thanks for the invite!!!! I'd love to join the Big Preggo thread!!!! As long as it's not too weird that I'm there pretty early.

Jan- Sorry to hear about you getting sick!! I'm actually recovering from Strep throat and cold myself. Yes, the dildo cam was not bad at all! I was way too amazed watching the images to really care! I think we should both make a move to the big preggo thread fo sho if the thread continues to slow down. I am hoping for more BFPs from the TTC thread so they can join us here.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello to anyone who might still be around these parts! :wavey:

I am not sure if anybody pops in here anymore. I just thought I would dip my toes in. I wasn't sure really where else to post. I briefly took part in the TTC thread and then took a break from it all and mostly just kept lurking. Just wanted to share that I got a BFP yesterday, I am only 4 weeks so it is still very early. I have been charting for a long time now and as soon as I saw my temp rise to 98 at 12DPO (First time EVER) I immediately POAS and sure enough it was positive, faint but positive - 4 other HPT's say it's so! Are there any other just barely pregnant PSers around or has everybody graduated already?

Anyway if there are any of you around it would be wonderful to have someone to share with. If not, hopefully in a couple of months I will be able to join the pregnancy thread and learn from all of the wonderful ladies there.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Congratulations Missjaxon! :appl:

I hope there will be some other newly preggos to join you soon, I'm wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

MissJaxon, Congratulations!!! Sticky dust to you my friend!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thank you so very much ladies! I guess I will just wait and cross my fingers and send OODLES of *baby dust* to those wonderful ladies over in the TTC thread, so they can come and join me and SOON!!!! If any of you happen to stop by and see this, I am keeping you all in my thoughts and wishing the very best for you!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Missjaxon I don't think there are any really recent BFPs hanging around, but if you want company, there is no rule about when you can come to the main pregnancy thread! We would be happy to have you join us, whenever you are ready!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Re:

I guess this is the new thread for me now. I have been over in TTC and got a BFP last last Monday. We had a scary week with threats of eptopic pregnancy or miscarriage, but the RE seems to think that things look good now. I have an appointment to try and see the heartbeat this Friday!

Congrats to all you other barely pregnant ladies!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: so excited for you!!!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Congratulations Blackberry!!! I have been lurking in the TTC thread and I am so happy to see you post here! I am wishing you the very best and sending you tons of sticky dust for a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Congratulations to the new Mamas!!

Lots of dust and prayers for healthy happy pregnancies!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Congratulations Missjaxon and Blackberry :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wishing you a happy, healthy and peaceful eight (?) months from here on out.

SweatyCookies

Rough_Rock
Re:

Congrats to MJ and BB!

I am a very regular poster who is 9w2d today. I am not ready to go public yet, so I made this fancy alter ego until I feel like announcing my pregnancy.

Glad to be in here with you girls! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thank you for the congratulations! We are so very excited, I am only 5w6d right now and am high risk so we are cautiously excited. :))

Congratulations to you SC!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I cannot wait to find out who is behind that sneaky alter ego! :Up_to_something: lol I am wishing you the very best and am so happy to have some company here on this board!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh wow...congrats MissJaxon.
So happy for you!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock

SweatyCookies|1303920621|2906239 said:
Congrats to MJ and BB!

I am a very regular poster who is 9w2d today. I am not ready to go public yet, so I made this fancy alter ego until I feel like announcing my pregnancy.

Glad to be in here with you girls! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!

Congratulations, SweatyCookies. You now have me wondering which PSer would choose such a tongue-in-cheek screen name :Up_to_something:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hello everyone, I just found out my pregnant, and going into my 5th week. I feel so tired, and im depressed since the SO and i are fighting about the baby. He wants me to abort it, i dont want to, so im waiting to see if he leaves me alone to raise a baby. Its so hard, im so scared, and im so tired.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Jessie702- BIG HUGS, sweetie. I dont know what else to say...But follow YOUR heart.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Jessie702|1304355610|2910101 said:
Hello everyone, I just found out my pregnant, and going into my 5th week. I feel so tired, and im depressed since the SO and i are fighting about the baby. He wants me to abort it, i dont want to, so im waiting to see if he leaves me alone to raise a baby. Its so hard, im so scared, and im so tired.

I'm sorry Jesse :( I wish you a lot if peace during this time. There is a lot of support both on PS and elsewhere should you choose to keep the baby and need people to lean on. Hugs and love :(

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Jessie, I'm so sorry. It sounds like you're in a very tough spot. I hope things look up soon.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Fabcrab - are you still here?

Sweaty Cookies - ok I so want to know WHO you are, any clues? When will you reveal?

Jessie - I am sorry to hear of your situation - what is your SO's reasoning? Were you close to being engaged - why would you think he would leave? I hope he comes around and at least is supportive, this is a tough thing to go through alone.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Jessie-Congratulations on being pregnant and I am so sorry that things are difficult with your SO! There is a great community here on PS to lean on for support. Hopefully you have a strong support system IRL too...

This must be a really bittersweet time but I hope that you can get some rest and have a few moments to celebrate the amazing life that is growing within:)

Huge hugs!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Jessie, just popping in to say I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time and that your SO isn't supportive. *hug*

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

SC, I'm so curious who you are. Congrats all the same!!!!

Jax! HOORAY!!! Sticky dust to you, lady

Jess, i'm sorry for the difficult situation. I hope you will be able to follow your heart and get guidance and support to make your decision. The PS community is the best, no matter how you decide. Parenting is a HUGE responsibility. HUGS

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you all ladies. Its so bittersweet, it hurts. His reasoning for not wanting the baby, is because he is not ready. Just that, no reason, behind not being ready, besides the fact that he just wants him freedom, and the fact that i am still in school. I understand the school part, but many colleges have good resources( thats how i found out). I am going to be here on PS a lot mroe, not matter how it works out. Thank you ladies for the support and hugs.

Its early, but i wanted to deal with the reality of my situation, and went to babies r us, with a dear friend today, and almost broke down in the store. This is suppose to be joyous espessically sicne the SO and i have been together for almsot 4 years. I am so glad, she went with me, and helped me get through, i feel not much better, but a little better. I would feel a lot better if i werent so tired.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Aww Jessie, I just want to send you oodles of ((((hugs))))!! I am sorry you are going thru such a tough situation. I don't have any advice for you, but is it possible your SO could be shocked by the news and isn't sure how to handle it and might come around or do you feel he has made his mind up? It is such a huge change in ones life planned or otherwise and I just hope you find peace, love and support while you go thru this time. I know how you feel about exhaustion I am 6w2d and I feel like I have been a zombie just coasting thru my daily activities until I can rest. Make sure to drink lots of water and rest when you can and take care of yourself. I am keeping you in my thoughts sweetie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results